Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Re-occurring pop-up / adware issue
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Re-occurring pop-up / adware issue

[Please help] Re-occurring pop-up / adware issue

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
Golobolus
Golobolus
Golobolus
06-09-2018, 12:11 AM

(05-09-2018, 05:18 PM)X3non
(05-09-2018, 04:24 PM)Golobolus Hi Hovatek, Yes i do have scatter backups of what I have with the phone. I also have TWRP backups every before and after i do a full wipe / factory reset, by the way I also did a little research and I landed into this forum https://www.needrom.com/download/virus-remover/ [kindly remove the link if its not permitted] I've seen some apps that are from the list that this "patch" was removing, though on the replies of their users they did not comment if those listed apps where the ones infected or just bloatwares.

I've downloaded Link2SD on playstore, should I perform again a factory reset then use Link2SD to kill/freeze/uninstall apps or should I just freeze some of them then observe the phones behavior?

its indicated in the comment section. "where the virus sits" but that particular tool seems to be made specifically for doogee x5 ***.
the same infected apps in that patch might not be found on your phone. freezing apps on your will be done mostly by trial and error based mostly on suspicious looking apk names, you could also download an mt6580 android 6 firmware e.g one for Symphony i10 unpack the system.img and crosscheck the apps there with the ones currently on your phone then disable any thats on yours but not within the system.img

PS: you can extract system.img using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15855.html

Thank you for the tip X3non I will take a look at that when I get home later, by the way I got a little curious on what was really going on with my phone so I looked for some reviews on "virus" detection apps.. I came across this Dr. Web Space anti-virus had it installed and then do some scans, it has detected at least 22 "threats" from their list which was not being detected by BitDefender nor MalwareBytes, I've attached the screenshots of the app for your reference and also for checking if this is a legit app...
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20180906-045349.png
Size: 104.58 KB / Downloads: 3
.png
Screenshot_20180906-045357.png
Size: 102.74 KB / Downloads: 3
.png
Screenshot_20180906-045402.png
Size: 110 KB / Downloads: 3
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-09-2018, 04:39 PM
(06-09-2018, 12:11 AM)Golobolus Thank you for the tip X3non I will take a look at that when I get home later, by the way I got a little curious on what was really going on with my phone so I looked for some reviews on "virus" detection apps.. I came across this Dr. Web Space anti-virus had it installed and then do some scans, it has detected at least 22 "threats" from their list which was not being detected by BitDefender nor MalwareBytes, I've attached the screenshots of the app for your reference and also for checking if this is a legit app...

that's alright, every antivirus has it own database or viruses so its possible that one can detect what another can't
is there any option to quarantine or delete these files? OR better still since your phone is rooted, use a root browser to locate and move the files to an empty folder on your SDcard then reboot the phone
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3