Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2 to bypass FRP on Mediatek devices
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2 to bypass FRP on Mediatek devices

[Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2 to bypass FRP on Mediatek devices

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-08-2018, 05:55 PM

This guide will explain how to bypass or remove FRP code on a mediatek (MTK) android phone using Infinity Chinese Miracle II (CM2) MTK. This guide will come in handy when you have forgotten your Google login credentials or you're working on someone else's device.

What causes FRP?

If you perform a factory reset on an FRP-enabled Android device already associated with a Google account (under Settings > Accounts > Google) without first removing that account then you'll be prompted to produce the login credentials of the associated Google account on the setup screen (often preceded by a request to connect to a WiFi network). This is Factory Reset Protection (FRP) at work.

[Image: Mediatek-FRP-connect-to-Wifi-262x300.jpg]

Requirements

Steps to bypass or remove FRP code on a mediatek (MTK) android phone using Infinity Chinese Miracle II MTK (CM2MTK) module

The steps below explain how to bypass or remove FRP code on a mediatek (MTK) android phone using Infinity Chinese Miracle II MTK (CM2MTK) module

See the video tutorials below or @ https://youtu.be/JjKDNyr1FH4

1. Launch CM2MTK

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2-to-bypass-FRP-on...ices-1.jpg]

2. Select the device's chipset under Settings > CPU (most smart watches usually use NOR / NAND memory but be sure to verify yours)

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2-to-bypass-FRP-on...ices-2.jpg]

3. Click the Service tab

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2-to-bypass-FRP-on...ices-3.jpg]

4. Click the dropdown bar and select FRP (RESET PROTECTION)

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2-to-bypass-FRP-on...ices-4.jpg]

5. Click "Format / Reset Settings"

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2-to-bypass-FRP-on...ices-5.jpg]

6. Once the tool shows Wait for phone..., power off the smart watch (with battery inserted and not holding any button) and connect to the PC via a USB cord
  7. The device should get detected, do not interrupt the process
  8. You should get a done message once the process is successful

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2-to-bypass-FRP-on...ices-7.jpg]

9. Disconnect the device and power up to confirm

Important Notice
  • Infinity Chinese Miracle II MTK requires a hardware dongle to work
  • If you've chosen to use a loader version (dongle not required) and get a warning from your antivirus, you are entirely responsible for choosing to let the loader run
  • Ensure to run the latest version of the module as it would support more chipsets
  • Some Mediatek device have secure boot and require a custom DA to be loaded else you'll get an error. For such devices, you can download the DA file @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/forum-112.html and see how to use these secure boot DA file
  • If you are the owner of the device & associated Google account then simply entering your credentials will allow you pass the FRP test. This guide therefore assumes you have the right or a good reason to choose to bypass instead

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to bypass Factory Reset Protection on an MTK device using Infinity CM2 MTK. I have the
module here so I'm going to launch it. While I'm waiting for the dashboard to come up, let me mention a couple of things.

First off, you need to have installed your Mediatek VCOM drivers. We have a guide on how to do that so checkout our YouTube channel and our Forum
for that guide. You also need to have the hardware dongle and you need to have connected to the PC okay?

Now speaking of FRP or Factory Reset Protection, this happens when you do a factory reset on an Android device which is already linked to a Google account okay? so if you have linked your device with an account under Settings > Accounts (i.e your Google account under Settings > Accounts) and you don't remove that account before the factory reset, you're going to have FRP which requires the credentials of that account before you can proceed with setup okay? So that's the origin of FRP alright?

So I'm waiting for the dashboard to come up and it is up, great! Now, the first thing you want to do is select your chipset and I'll select my chipset then
you head over to the Service tab and... Now, under this dropdown here, what you want to do is select FRP (Reset Protection) and then you click this button Format / Reset Settings.

Now, once you see wait for phone you need to get the phone into EDL Mode so you power off, hold both volume buttons then connect it to the PC via a USB cord..and you'll have detection so you wait for this to be cleared and you should get an FRP cleared message so we have Clear OK. Alright!

Great! so that's how to bypass FRP on an MTK device using Infinity CM2 dongle
This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 10:59 PM by X3non.