Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] INFINIX HOT 4 PRO X556 DEAD HARD BRICKED
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] INFINIX HOT 4 PRO X556 DEAD HARD BRICKED

[Please help] INFINIX HOT 4 PRO X556 DEAD HARD BRICKED

iolamide
iolamide
iolamide
Techie Member
18-08-2018, 07:12 AM

Good day here. I tried upgrading my Infinix HOT 4 PRO to the Nougat version X556-H371A-N-171229V207 that I downloaded here but it didn't work. I then flashed another version Nougat V157 that I downloaded from Infinix website and it finally worked. The only problem I had with it was that I lost my IMEI and then came to an hovatek thread that advised me to use GSM Alaadin to fix the IMEI but unfortunately during the process of repairing the IMEI , GSM Alaadin crashed and stopped working and the phone refused to turn on again. The phone's power was on 83% so it was not as a result of low battery. I have tried to flash it and downloaded two other firmwares again but SP Flashtool does not even detect the mtk preloader to start flashing at all. The system still makes sound when it is connected but SP Flashtool is not flashing it. I have read your tutorials to fix a dead hard bricked phone AND I have been charging it for over 15 hours now but still no sign of coming on. 
I read a thread of a similar situation on xda developers site that was finally fixed by using Infinix Flashtool but the flashtool is not loading the scatter file giving error 8417  even after downloading the stock firmware from Infinix website. I have read threads from hovatek and other websites on possible fixes for error 8417 fix but none worked. The latest version of SP Flashtool loads the scatter file but doesn't flash but Infinix Flashtool doesn"t even load the scatter file at all. I have installed the drivers again and it is still the same thing. I have even tried another PC using windows 7 but it still gives the same error. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO RECOVER MY DEVICE? THANKS AS i AWAIT YOUR REPLY
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
18-08-2018, 09:05 AM
(18-08-2018, 07:12 AM)iolamide Good day here. I tried upgrading my Infinix HOT 4 PRO to the Nougat version X556-H371A-N-171229V207 that I downloaded here but it didn't work. I then flashed another version Nougat V157 that I downloaded from Infinix website and it finally worked. The only problem I had with it was that I lost my IMEI and then came to an hovatek thread that advised me to use GSM Alaadin to fix the IMEI but unfortunately during the process of repairing the IMEI , GSM Alaadin crashed and stopped working and the phone refused to turn on again. The phone's power was on 83% so it was not as a result of low battery. I have tried to flash it and downloaded two other firmwares again but SP Flashtool does not even detect the mtk preloader to start flashing at all. The system still makes sound when it is connected but SP Flashtool is not flashing it. I have read your tutorials to fix a dead hard bricked phone AND I have been charging it for over 15 hours now but still no sign of coming on. 
I read a thread of a similar situation on xda developers site that was finally fixed by using Infinix Flashtool but the flashtool is not loading the scatter file giving error 8417  even after downloading the stock firmware from Infinix website. I have read threads from hovatek and other websites on possible fixes for error 8417 fix but none worked. The latest version of SP Flashtool loads the scatter file but doesn't flash but Infinix Flashtool doesn"t even load the scatter file at all. I have installed the drivers again and it is still the same thing. I have even tried another PC using windows 7 but it still gives the same error. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO RECOVER MY DEVICE? THANKS AS i AWAIT YOUR REPLY

Disconnect/reconnect the battery clip and power on or plug to charge. Let know how it goes.

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
18-08-2018, 12:02 PM
I support what Innagee has said
iolamide
iolamide
iolamide
Techie Member
18-08-2018, 12:34 PM
(18-08-2018, 09:05 AM)innagee
(18-08-2018, 07:12 AM)iolamide Good day here. I tried upgrading my Infinix HOT 4 PRO to the Nougat version X556-H371A-N-171229V207 that I downloaded here but it didn't work. I then flashed another version Nougat V157 that I downloaded from Infinix website and it finally worked. The only problem I had with it was that I lost my IMEI and then came to an hovatek thread that advised me to use GSM Alaadin to fix the IMEI but unfortunately during the process of repairing the IMEI , GSM Alaadin crashed and stopped working and the phone refused to turn on again. The phone's power was on 83% so it was not as a result of low battery. I have tried to flash it and downloaded two other firmwares again but SP Flashtool does not even detect the mtk preloader to start flashing at all. The system still makes sound when it is connected but SP Flashtool is not flashing it. I have read your tutorials to fix a dead hard bricked phone AND I have been charging it for over 15 hours now but still no sign of coming on. 

Disconnect/reconnect the battery clip and power on or plug to charge. Let know how it goes.

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile
The battery is irremovable
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
18-08-2018, 02:15 PM

[/quote]
[/quote]

That's the plan, you have to open the phone and disconnect the battery and connect it again. Be careful cos the first time I opened a hot 4, I cut my finger
iolamide
iolamide
iolamide
Techie Member
18-08-2018, 09:52 PM
[/quote]

That's the plan,  you have to open the phone and disconnect the battery and connect it again.  Be careful cos the first time I opened a hot 4, I cut my finger
[/quote]

Thank you. I opened it and connected it back. It worked. But It still doesn't have an imei. Please how do I fix it.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
18-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Go to settings >about and check what the baseband is.
Hamza Shahzad
Hamza Shahzad
Hamza Shahzad
Techie Member
19-08-2018, 07:44 AM
(18-08-2018, 09:52 PM)iolamide The battery is irremovable

That's the plan,  you have to open the phone and disconnect the battery and connect it again.  Be careful cos the first time I opened a hot 4, I cut my finger
[/quote]

Thank you. I opened it and connected it back. It worked. But It still doesn't have an imei. Please how do I fix it.
[/quote]

Flash the NVRAM file from the stock rom
or
Find the IMEI of your phone from the back of the box or phone
then write that imei with Chamelephon APK
iolamide
iolamide
iolamide
Techie Member
19-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Thank you very much. I fixed  another way. I flashed back the 6.0 and fixed the imei with mtk engineer mode plus. Then I upgraded it to 7.0 with sp flashtool by choosing download option. I didn't choose format + download and upgrade because it will delete the nvdata/nvram. It successfully upgraded it and I didn't lose the Imei. Thanks for the help