Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Elephone A4
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Elephone A4

Elephone A4

peddlerd
peddlerd
peddlerd
Enthusiastic Member
19-08-2018, 10:06 PM

Hey guys.  I have an Elephone A4 and I have flashed both 8.1 and 8.1g recoverys, but neither of them work.  I tell the phone to reboot to recovery, but it just reboots again and goes to OS.

I downloaded the official firmware from elephone's site.  Elephone A4 Firmware.  I unzipped the file and got the stock boot.img and recovery.img.

I didn't notice when I ran the program about any verifications, but I'll run it again and have a look.

Just tried software again, DM_Verify is there. Do I just flash patched-boot.img in fastboot after this process?
This post was last modified: 19-08-2018, 10:12 PM by peddlerd.
peddlerd
peddlerd
peddlerd
Enthusiastic Member
19-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Ok, so this is what I done:

- I flashed the stock firmware using the SP Flash Tool
- I booted into fastboot and unlocked bootloader
- I flashed the custom recovery i got from the TWRP port tool (8.1)
- I flashed the patched boot file I got from magisk
- I relocked bootloader
- I booted into phone and set up development options and said adb reboot recovery
- The phone tried to reboot, but only kept vibrating. I had to reflash stock firmware again.

Did I do these steps wrong?
Going to retry using recovery from 8.1g
This post was last modified: 19-08-2018, 11:00 PM by peddlerd.
peddlerd
peddlerd
peddlerd
Enthusiastic Member
19-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Ok, I just done the same steps as described in the last post but used 8.1g recovery.

The phone tried to reboot into recovery, but it just flashed blue for a second, and rebooted normal back into OS.

***Edit*** - The phone looks like it's booted into the OS but it just sits there on a black screen with Elephones logo on it. If you press power it do pop up the option to reboot or power off like it's running normal, but just black screen with the E.
This post was last modified: 19-08-2018, 11:12 PM by peddlerd.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-08-2018, 05:24 PM
(19-08-2018, 11:08 PM)peddlerd Ok, I just done the same steps as described in the last post but used 8.1g recovery.

The phone tried to reboot into recovery, but it just flashed blue for a second, and rebooted normal back into OS.

***Edit*** - The phone looks like it's booted into the OS but it just sits there on a black screen with Elephones logo on it.  If you press power it do pop up the option to reboot or power off like it's running normal, but just black screen with the E.

flash stock then boot to homescreen, if successful
then flash magisk patched_boot then boot to homescreen
lets know if your device is able tosuccessfully boot into homescreen