Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android CHANGED IMEI
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

CHANGED IMEI

CHANGED IMEI

francisdrake005
francisdrake005
francisdrake005
Techie Member
21-08-2018, 08:46 PM

Before I got to know of Hovatek, I had accidentally wiped my phone's system partition. Since I didn't have any backup up nor recovery knowledge by then, I took my phone to Carlcare. They indeed flashe a new firmware to the device and I later realized that the phone's IMEI number had changed. Carlcare T & C says this can sometimes happen. My phone is Tecno Spark K7, Android 7.0. Can I write back the initial IMEI number that the phone came with from the manufacturer? And if possible, can it have any negative implication to the phone's operation.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
22-08-2018, 11:10 AM
(21-08-2018, 08:46 PM)francisdrake005 Before I got to know of Hovatek, I had accidentally wiped my phone's system partition. Since I didn't have any backup up nor recovery knowledge by then, I took my phone to Carlcare. They indeed flashe a new firmware to the device and I later realized that the phone's IMEI number had changed. Carlcare T & C says this can sometimes happen. My phone is Tecno Spark K7, Android 7.0. Can I write back the initial IMEI number that the phone came with from the manufacturer? And if possible, can it have any negative implication to the phone's operation.

you can write IMEI using any of the methods @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
it does have negative implications.
1. changing IMEI is illegal (but if their TC says it OK well...)
2. changing IMEI sometimes results to poor network.
This post was last modified: 23-08-2018, 11:58 AM by hovatek.