Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android How to Root Lenovo A6600d40
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

How to Root Lenovo A6600d40

How to Root Lenovo A6600d40

Dafi11
Dafi11
Dafi11
Enthusiastic Member
23-08-2018, 06:57 PM

Can anyone help me to root my device? my device is Lenovo a6600d40. Thank you very much
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
23-08-2018, 09:15 PM
(23-08-2018, 06:57 PM)Dafi11 Can anyone help me to root my device? my device is Lenovo a6600d40. Thank you very much

you can dump firmware of your phone in scatter file format using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
root using the guide the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
Dafi11
Dafi11
Dafi11
Enthusiastic Member
24-08-2018, 01:49 AM
Okay . I Wil try . Thankyou so much
Dafi11
Dafi11
Dafi11
Enthusiastic Member
24-08-2018, 09:53 PM
First of all I want to apologize if my English is very bad. I come from Indonesia. And do not forget to say thank you for helping me in solving the problem I faced.

I have a android with the Lenovo A6600d40 brand with a build number A6600d40_S235_170405_ROW. I have tried rooting by applications like Kingroot, Kingoroot and others, but all failed. Then I tried to flash TWRP. However, TWRP files for my device type are very difficult to find. Then I got an alternative to using another device TWRP. I flash via ADB fastboot with a command prompt via PC. The results failed. there is written FAILED <remote: download for partition 'recovery' is not allowed>

I think maybe my device is locked Bootloader. then I tried to open it via ADB fastboot. But another problem arises, when I type 'fastboot oem unlock', my device displays to open Bootloader press volume up, if you don't want to open it press volume down. until here my volume up button doesn't work at all. then I press volume down, it works, and my device displays the choice again 1. reboot device 2. recovery mode 3. fast boot mode. for navigation using the volume up and down buttons. Strangely, the two buttons don't work.

My device can still be turned on by pressing the power button a little longer.

Finally I took the initiative to root with magisk. That is, by patching the boot.img file. After I get the boot.img file the result of downloading the firmware for my device, I extract it then find the boot-sign.img file, unlike usual. but still I try. after completing patching the boot-sign.img file via Magisk Manager, I get the patched_boot.img patch file. Then I tried flash through ADB fastboot, after I typed 'fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img', again the command prompt displays the FAILED <remote: download for partition 'boot' is not allowed>. Until here I give up. I don't know what to do anymore.

That's the problem I face. as a new member in this forum, I ask for help from anyone who can help this problem. Thank you for everything. thanks also for the members and admin in this forum.

Dikirim dari Lenovo A6600d40 menggunakan Hovatek Mobile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-08-2018, 04:13 PM

(24-08-2018, 09:53 PM)Dafi11 First of all I want to apologize if my English is very bad. I come from Indonesia. And do not forget to say thank you for helping me in solving the problem I faced.
That's the problem I face. as a new member in this forum, I ask for help from anyone who can help this problem. Thank you for everything. thanks also for the members and admin in this forum.

Dikirim dari Lenovo A6600d40 menggunakan Hovatek Mobile

i take it you got boot-sign.img from the firmware of your device, the firmware should also contain a scatter file
use the scatter and sp flash tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html to flash patched_boot

you might need a custom DA to flash using SP flash tool; download at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23383.html