Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Tutorial] Alternatives to TWRP touch not working
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] Alternatives to TWRP touch not working

[Tutorial] Alternatives to TWRP touch not working

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-09-2018, 10:56 PM

We had previously released our TWRP auto porting tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/forum-39.html . Some were fortunate to get fully functionally TWRP with touch working while some got TWRP but with disabled touch or touch not working. If you are one of those having TWRP touch issue, below are some alternatives you could consider pending when or if a fix for this issue is ever found

What to do when TWRP touch is disabled or not working

For MTK devices @SachinBorkar has posted a guide on how to patch kernel @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-27132.html ; you can try the method and see if it works for you or not. If not or too difficult then the alternatives below will come handy
List of successfully patched kernels with TWRP touch working
For Unisoc devices, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32743.html

Alternative 1 - Use OTG-Mouse in TWRP

1. Boot to TWRP recovery
  2. Connect the OTG-cable to the phone then connect the mouse
  3. A little mouse icon should appear in TWRP, you can move the mouse around and select items by left clicking

[Image: TWRP-otg-mouse.png]

Alternative 2 - Boot TWRP recovery.img using Fastboot

This is a good option if your phone supports booting recovery image. Only way to find out if your phone supports booting recovery.img will be to test. Follow the procedure below
  1. Run the command below in fastboot window
    Code:

fastboot boot recovery.img

Alternative 3 - Use a non-touch custom recovery

1. If for any reason OTG-Mouse doesn't work for you, then you could consider using a non-touch custom recovery such as Philz or CWM. MTK device owners can port Philz using our tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21495.html, SPD device owners can attempt to manually port any of the 3 recoveries @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-265...#pid162255

Alternative 4 - Flash recovery.img into boot partition

This option is for those who either don't have OTG-Mouse or are unable to get a working non-touch custom recovery. You must have a copy of your boot.img readily available
  1. Flash recovery.img into boot partition on your phone then power on your phone. The phone should boot directly into TWRP with touch fully functional
  2. When you're done using TWRP and wish to reboot back to homescreen, you'll need to flash boot.img [either stock boot.img OR patched_boot.img] before rebooting
  3. If you have boot.img stored on the internal storage or SDcard of your phone, you can flash boot.img using TWRP
    • Install >
    • Install Image >
    • Navigate to the location of the boot.img and select it >
    • Select Boot partition >
    • Swipe the arrow to confirm flash >
    • Reboot system
This post was last modified: 30-05-2020, 03:26 AM by X3non.
Yohanan Piadoso
Yohanan Piadoso
Yohanan Piadoso
07-09-2018, 06:07 AM
X3non thanks for the guide

but I think this touch not working is coming from a combination of files

of stock recovery

Dheeraj Roy told me
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
15-09-2018, 01:28 PM
Does it the Final option? Or is there Any other method make the touch work as normal?

Are You Working On it Or Not?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
15-09-2018, 01:37 PM
I applied a report on the auto twrp and auto philz porter v1.2, when i flashed the ported recovery and trying to enter into recovery mode the phone automatically reboots as normal,I used also the patched boot.img from magisk but it is the same. Why don't you add the fix for the above issue on the v1.3?

Sent from my TECNO CX Air using Hovatek Mobile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-09-2018, 04:38 PM

(15-09-2018, 01:28 PM)Mikesew Does it the Final option? Or is there Any other method make the touch work as normal?

Are You Working On it Or Not?

these are alternatives not final fixes. it was mentioned to you that a guide will be released once we get it done successfully
also we can't add what we don't have to v1.3
This post was last modified: 15-09-2018, 04:42 PM by X3non.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-09-2018, 03:13 PM
(15-09-2018, 01:37 PM)Mikesew I applied a report on the auto twrp and auto philz porter v1.2, when i flashed the ported recovery and trying to enter into recovery mode the phone automatically reboots as normal,I used also the patched boot.img from magisk but it is the same. Why don't you add the fix for the above issue on the v1.3?

Sent from my TECNO CX Air using Hovatek Mobile

There could be a number of reasons why that happened.. Create a new thread so we focus on it
BTW, that you encounter the same issue with magisk means its not an issue with our tool
This post was last modified: 17-09-2018, 03:18 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Adem Er
Adem Er
Adem Er
28-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Unfortunately, the touch did not work on the tablet I installed other recovery does not turn on, but it does not work Dukunmatik not waiting for your help thanks
Adem Er
Adem Er
Adem Er
28-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Ne yazık ki, dokunmadığım tablette çalışmayan başka bir servis çalışmalarını açmıyor, ancak açık olan Dukunmatik yardımınızı bekliyor değil
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
28-12-2018, 08:13 PM
(28-12-2018, 01:23 PM)Adem Er Unfortunately, the touch did not work on the tablet I installed other recovery does not turn on, but it does not work Dukunmatik not waiting for your help thanks

Please create a new thread so we focus on it.
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a new thread.

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
27-01-2019, 10:18 AM

Oh! This patch of the recovery kernel takes much time,why you do not speed it up please answer me!

Sent from my TECNO CX Air using Tapatalk
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next