Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno W3 stuck at boot logo.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno W3 stuck at boot logo.

[Please help] Tecno W3 stuck at boot logo.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
TIM OF GOD
TIM OF GOD
TIM OF GOD
07-09-2018, 01:25 PM

Hello. I have a W3 that gets stuck on the boot logo of Tecno. I flashed 3-4 different rooms into it but still the phone won't go forward to the menu. I formatted with recovery mode and nck box. Each time before flashing I did a full format. Before any flashing process I backed up the stock rom of the phone (in case the other roms would put it to a totally dead phone). All my efforts ended up in boot logo. It this a HW issue ?
[Image: confused.gif][Image: confused.gif][Image: confused.gif]
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
07-09-2018, 02:28 PM
After flashing each rom, did you do a factory reset?

Do you have a backup of the first rom you were using?
Tecno W3 has many variants by board, and is a very tricky phone to deal with. Lets start from your original rom that crashed.

You suggested that you have the backup.
This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 04:04 PM by EMMANUS.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-09-2018, 03:58 PM
(07-09-2018, 01:25 PM)TIM OF GOD Hello. I have a W3 that gets stuck on the boot logo of Tecno. I flashed 3-4 different rooms into it but still the phone won't go forward to the menu. I formatted with recovery mode and nck box. Each time before flashing I did a full format. Before any flashing process I backed up the stock rom of the phone (in case the other roms would put it to a totally dead phone). All my efforts ended up in boot logo. It this a HW issue ?

do you remember the build number of your device before it got bricked?
TIM OF GOD
TIM OF GOD
TIM OF GOD
07-09-2018, 05:50 PM
(07-09-2018, 02:28 PM)EMMANUS After flashing each rom, did you do a factory reset?

Tecno W3 has many variants by board, and is a very tricky phone to deal with. Lets start from your original rom that crashed.

Yes I did factory reset after all rom flash. I had read the boot info before I flash and I did have one rom of the same build and date and all. I flashed it, same thing. 
Yes I do have a backup of the original rom before flash. The one the phone had at crashing time.
This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 05:50 PM by TIM OF GOD.
TIM OF GOD
TIM OF GOD
TIM OF GOD
07-09-2018, 05:52 PM

(07-09-2018, 03:58 PM)X3non
(07-09-2018, 01:25 PM)TIM OF GOD Hello. I have a W3 that gets stuck on the boot logo of Tecno. I flashed 3-4 different rooms into it but still the phone won't go forward to the menu. I formatted with recovery mode and nck box. Each time before flashing I did a full format. Before any flashing process I backed up the stock rom of the phone (in case the other roms would put it to a totally dead phone). All my efforts ended up in boot logo. It this a HW issue ?

I think I do. When select the backed up rom to Miracle Box,I should see it.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
07-09-2018, 07:39 PM
(07-09-2018, 05:52 PM)TIM OF GOD

The build no. Miracle Box will display should not be the phone's original build no. because you already flashed the phone using a different firmware.
Did you backup the phone's firmware before flashing it?
Have you tried all the ROMs listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19340.html
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
07-09-2018, 09:28 PM
(07-09-2018, 05:50 PM)TIM OF GOD
(07-09-2018, 02:28 PM)EMMANUS After flashing each rom, did you do a factory reset?

Yes I did factory reset after all rom flash. I had read the boot info before I flash and I did have one rom of the same build and date and all. I flashed it, same thing. 
Yes I do have a backup of the original rom before flash. The one the phone had at crashing time.
Flash the rom
that crashed format all+download let's see if the phone will come on.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-09-2018, 07:46 AM
(07-09-2018, 05:50 PM)TIM OF GOD Yes I did factory reset after all rom flash. I had read the boot info before I flash and I did have one rom of the same build and date and all. I flashed it, same thing. 

1. Had the phone been flashed by anybody before you made the first backup?
2. Upload the recovery.bin and boot.bin from your backup, let's try ascertain the build number
If you know how to unpack system.img then use that method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html to ascertain the build number of your backup rom

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
09-09-2018, 09:00 AM
(09-09-2018, 07:46 AM)hovatek
(07-09-2018, 05:50 PM)TIM OF GOD Yes I did factory reset after all rom flash. I had read the boot info before I flash and I did have one rom of the same build and date and all. I flashed it, same thing. 

1. Had the phone been flashed by anybody before you made the first backup?
2. Upload the recovery.bin and boot.bin from your backup, let's try ascertain the build number
If you know how to unpack system.img then use that method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html to ascertain the build number of your backup rom

Please the ROMs you downloaded, is there user data and cache inside ? If , then copy those files from the rom you backup to the new firmware you  downloaded and then flash again .. Please be patient when phone is booting .
TIM OF GOD
TIM OF GOD
TIM OF GOD
12-09-2018, 12:19 PM

(07-09-2018, 07:39 PM)innagee
(07-09-2018, 05:52 PM)TIM OF GOD

The build no. Miracle Box will display should not be the phone's original build no. because you already flashed the phone using a different firmware.
Did you backup the phone's firmware before flashing it?
Have you tried all the ROMs listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19340.html
It's the backup of the original phone rom I have. before any flash
Pages (2): 1 2 Next