Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno NX bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno NX bricked

[Please help] Tecno NX bricked

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
11-09-2018, 10:17 AM

(10-09-2018, 07:28 PM)hovatek
(10-09-2018, 04:25 PM)RMT After I unpack the boot.img using carliv, I don't find the file_contexts file.
See in this screenshot : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3Xkgc6y0tE0Lfo8xnY

However, I found these two file_contexts files in my recovery>ramdisk :
- nonplat_file_contexts
- plat_file_contexts
screenshot : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3XkgjVkzEt-12g3kGP
And when I paste one of them and rename it to kernel_file_contexts, it works. No error anymore.

So, can I use one of these file instead of the boot.img file_contexts file ? And if yes, which of them I need ? Because I tried both and it always works but it's not the same file. Or is it dangerous using that ?

About sp flash, X3non said to me :
don't format your phone using SP flash tool for any reason yet.

Please what is this reason ? (or maybe I don't understand the sentence)
Also, I can't use sp flash tool now because I have the error I said before :

ERROR : S_SECURITY_SECURE_USB_DL_IMAGE_SIGN_HEADER_NOT_FOUND (6045), MSP ERROE CODE : 0x00.
[HINT]:

I choose download only option, never flash all + download but I'm afraid to choose download all too because no need to flash preloader now and I can have some problem by flashing it without reason (also I read this warning thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1996.html

And finally about flashing recovery in boot partition, even if I press vol up + power, I always go to twrp so much so that I flash the stock boot.

You can use plat_file_contexts renamed just to go through the process of creating the flashable zip.
Once created, replace the boot.img in the zip with your stock boot before flashing
As for formatting, you should avoid formatting a secure boot mtk device because the da file you're using will very likely stop working
Speaking of the error 6045, you might need to risk flashing preloader among the file(s) you're flashing

Finally, the flashing zip has been created successfully and without error.

But I have this when I flash it through philz (this is the log) :

Installing: /storage/sdcard/Tecno NX Stock ROM.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
INSTALLING ROM STARTED
-- Preparing partitions
-- Flashing system image
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/by-name/system at /system: no such file or directory
-- Flashing kernel image
INSTALLING ROM FINISHED
script succeeded: result was [INSTALLING ROM FINISHED]
Install from sdcard complete.
press any key to continue.

What's wrong ?
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
11-09-2018, 10:19 AM
(10-09-2018, 07:36 PM)Yohanan Piadoso if you can boot into twrp

do a twrp backup to SD

and wipe
advanced wipe
cache davik
cache
sys tem

data option

now go to install

and intall the flashable zip you did bro

if your zip is ok your phone will boot ok

you can restore your backup anytime

Sorry, as I said twrp doesn't work in my phone yet but I'm doing my best with philz.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-09-2018, 11:53 AM
(11-09-2018, 10:17 AM)RMT Finally, the flashing zip has been created successfully and without error.

Installing update...
INSTALLING ROM STARTED
-- Preparing partitions
-- Flashing system image
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/by-name/system at /system: no such file or directory
-- Flashing kernel image
INSTALLING ROM FINISHED

What's wrong ?

The problem is with the mount point in the Philz recovery you're using. That mount point is unlikely to work in Philz.
Port Philz using our tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21495.html or upload the Philz you're using so I edit the mount point.
Problem will be flashing the recovery to the device.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Yohanan Piadoso
Yohanan Piadoso
Yohanan Piadoso
11-09-2018, 01:49 PM
the scrip is in twrp format upload scripts so they can edit it to philz recovery format sir
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
11-09-2018, 04:54 PM

(11-09-2018, 11:53 AM)hovatek
(11-09-2018, 10:17 AM)RMT Finally, the flashing zip has been created successfully and without error.

Installing update...
INSTALLING ROM STARTED
-- Preparing partitions
-- Flashing system image
-- Flashing kernel image
INSTALLING ROM FINISHED

What's wrong ?

The problem is with the mount point in the Philz recovery you're using. That mount point is unlikely to work in Philz.
Port Philz using our tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21495.html or upload the Philz you're using so I edit the mount point.
Problem will be flashing the recovery to the device.

Sorry but I can't use your philz auto porter because I'm running android 8.1 go. I've tried this before and it didn't work.
So, this is the philz recovery I'm using now : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mA0ktuo...sp=sharing
And yes, you are right because for now I can use my bootloader using option in philz to flash but the fact that if the edited philz recovery won't boot after, I can't access to my bootloader or anything else anymore and will be unable to flash anything, even the working philz.

Yes, it's a bit dangerous but I think there's no way except this (or after we need solving the sp flash tool error).

Also, if you need more stock files after, just go here : https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-24138.html
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
11-09-2018, 04:59 PM
(11-09-2018, 01:49 PM)Yohanan Piadoso the scrip is in twrp format upload scripts so they can edit it to philz recovery format sir

I may be wrong but I guess you're talking about zip script, right ?
If yes, this is the link for : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JqYCxh...QQVB9H_bj3

And please, do all necessary modification you want.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
11-09-2018, 06:17 PM
Ok,

I was thinking about the situation because it's getting worse. And if we haven't more solution after, I think I need to bring the phone to my customer service.
Also I have created a scenario and please tell me if this will work or not.
As you know, unlocking my bootloader avoid my warranty but my phone has still 11 months of warranty. So if I lock my bootloader, my warranty will get back, right ?

We suppose that everything won't work.
So :
- In twrp, I flash the modified philz, then I lock my bootloader : philz won't boot, I can't use fastboot or custom recovery anymore and I guess my phone will be hard brick now. We have to use sp flash tool.
- Then with sp flash tool, cannot solve the issue.
- And finally, I have to go to my customer service and I think I'll say that I factory reset my phone but it won't boot after.

But I have a question :
Even with a re-locked bootloader, can my phone's brand (Tecno) or my operator (Orange) always detect that my phone has been unlocked for a while and/or see if someone has flashed something with or without using bootloader ?

You can also say I'm crazy but sorry guys, now I'm very scared for the situation.

Thanks for all

RMT
This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 06:18 PM by RMT.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-09-2018, 07:56 PM
(11-09-2018, 06:17 PM)RMT Ok,

I was thinking about the situation because it's getting worse. And if we haven't more solution after, I think I need to bring the phone to my customer service.
As you know, unlocking my bootloader avoid my warranty but my phone has still 11 months of warranty. So if I lock my bootloader, my warranty will get back, right ?

So :
- In twrp, I flash the modified philz, then I lock my bootloader : philz won't boot, I can't use fastboot or custom recovery anymore and I guess my phone will be hard brick now. We have to use sp flash tool.
- And finally, I have to go to my customer service and I think I'll say that I factory reset my phone but it won't boot after.

But I have a question :
Even with a re-locked bootloader, can my phone's brand (Tecno) or my operator (Orange) always detect that my phone has been unlocked for a while and/or see if someone has flashed something with or without using bootloader ?

You can also say I'm crazy but sorry guys, now I'm very scared for the situation.

Thanks for all

RMT

strange, the mount point in the Philz recovery is actually right
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system

That must mean you specified /system mount point as /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/by-name/system in Assayyed kitchen when making the flashable zip.
re-do and set to /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system instead

BTW, re-locking your bootloader with a custom recovery still in place isn't a good idea.
This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 07:58 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
12-09-2018, 03:25 AM
(11-09-2018, 07:56 PM)hovatek
(11-09-2018, 06:17 PM)RMT Ok,

So :

But I have a question :

Thanks for all

RMT

strange, the mount point in the Philz recovery is actually right
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system

That must mean you specified /system mount point as /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/by-name/system in Assayyed kitchen when making the flashable zip.
re-do and set to /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system instead

BTW, re-locking your bootloader with a custom recovery still in place isn't a good idea.

Oh, I'm sorry, I think where come from this wrong mount point :
ASSAYYED didn't find it when I repack so he asked for dectecting the path from recovery. Then it applied the wrong path.
see in this screenshot : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3XkgnRh7lcaC6LmH67
So now, I have to type 2=MANUALLY in kitchen and write /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system instead, right ? Because you don't specify when I write that.

Also, because we don't have to flash the recovery now, I'm relieved.
But even if I flash my stock recovery then re-lock my bootloader, they can detect it was unlocked and I've flashed something to make my phone not running now ?
This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 03:29 AM by RMT.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
12-09-2018, 06:27 AM

Yes, finally flashing the zip file is successful.
But oddly, when I reboot it always boot in my recovery.
So, I think something isn't always working.

Log :

-- Installing: /storage/sdcard/ROM NX.zip
Installing update...
INSTALLING Tecno NX Stock ROM ROM STARTED
-- Preparing partitions
-- Flashing system image
-- Flashing kernel image
INSTALLING Tecno NX Stock ROM ROM FINISHED
script succeeded: result was [INSTALLING Tecno NX Stock ROM ROM FINISHED]