Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno NX bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno NX bricked

[Please help] Tecno NX bricked

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-09-2018, 09:32 PM

(13-09-2018, 04:42 PM)RMT I don't know why but when I flash twrp then reboot as I did before, my phone still boots into philz.
It's very weird because since the beginning (of brick) when I flash something it always boots into philz except when I flash in my recovery partition of course.

So, now I have to buy the OTG cable, I'll do it maybe on Saturday and I hope that my phone will support it.
But before that, is there any more solution to solve my issue ? Except through TWRP ?

not really, the only other solution is far fetched. i.e waiting for official signed firmware from tecno
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-09-2018, 10:17 AM
(13-09-2018, 04:42 PM)RMT I don't know why but when I flash twrp then reboot as I did before, my phone still boots into philz.
It's very weird because since the beginning (of brick) when I flash something it always boots into philz except when I flash in my recovery partition of course.

So, now I have to buy the OTG cable, I'll do it maybe on Saturday and I hope that my phone will support it.
But before that, is there any more solution to solve my issue ? Except through TWRP ?

@x3non (above) provided a Philz recovery which includes the vendor partition's mount points. Its the same Philz that's running on your phone (which you'd sent). Only the mount point added.
Have you tried flashing it then proceeding with the flashable zip?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
14-09-2018, 04:01 PM
(14-09-2018, 10:17 AM)hovatek

@x3non (above) provided a Philz recovery which includes the vendor partition's mount points. Its the same Philz that's running on your phone (which you'd sent). Only the mount point added.
Have you tried flashing it then proceeding with the flashable zip?

Yes and it always doesn't work and always boots into philz instead. And it's the same thing when I try to flash Magisk with the unable to mount /vendor.

After I read this thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-24289.html, I can see that we have the same problem because the first custom rom I flashed has su pre-installed. So is that can affect other partition or just boot + system ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-09-2018, 05:41 PM
(14-09-2018, 04:01 PM)RMT Yes and it always doesn't work and always boots into philz instead. And it's the same thing when I try to flash Magisk with the unable to mount /vendor.

After I read this thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-24289.html, I can see that we have the same problem because the first custom rom I flashed has su pre-installed. So is that can affect other partition or just boot + system ?

totally depends on what partitions the custom rom you flashed affects [if its a zip you can open it and check what files are within], most custom roms just affect boot and system
try flashing 
boot.img and system.img you got from assayed kitchen using fastboot -- lets know the outcome
if it doesnt work then also try flashing the first custom rom you flashed -- lets know if you can boot to the lockscreen
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
14-09-2018, 06:16 PM

(14-09-2018, 05:41 PM)X3non
(14-09-2018, 04:01 PM)RMT Yes and it always doesn't work and always boots into philz instead. And it's the same thing when I try to flash Magisk with the unable to mount /vendor.

totally depends on what partitions the custom rom you flashed affects [if its a zip you can open it and check what files are within], most custom roms just affect boot and system
try flashing 
boot.img and system.img you got from assayed kitchen using fastboot -- lets know the outcome
if it doesnt work then also try flashing the first custom rom you flashed -- lets know if you can boot to the lockscreen

So, sorry, the custom rom is directly an .img file. And I would say with the su rom that the su may affect the processing after I pressed the "factory reset" button in android.

But I didn't know, I think I had to do that since the beginning, really. I didn't actually know that by forcing the flashing (I mean try lots of time : fastboot flash system system.img), there was a chance to work.
And, waou, that works when I flashed the assayed version of system.img.
But, it doesn't work successfully because during the process, I just have that :

FAILED (remote: data is too large)
screenshot : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3Xkg-pqQf0BUf2LBIR
And my phone shows that : data is too large

Then, I hope that it will work with the stock rom. But still I have the same issue (2 times).
screenshot : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3Xkg6f6AGlgi72yBrL

And finally, I flashed the custom rom. It was successful (screenshot : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3Xkg2BvgVUPiRsF5DY ) but my phone's still running to philz instead.

Please, how to fix that ?

Edit : I don't know if it could help but it relates the error.
So, weird thing because :
- Assayyed system.img sized 1,147,904 KB
- Dumped stock ROM sized 1,744,896 KB
- Custom rom sized 921,257 KB
This post was last modified: 14-09-2018, 07:08 PM by RMT.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-09-2018, 11:08 AM
(14-09-2018, 06:16 PM)RMT ...

As a rule of thumb, whenever you say "doesn't work" always explain what you mean because that word is ambiguous.
You could debloat the assayyed system.img to further reduce the size i.e remove some system apps.
I need to get 2 things clear
1. After flashing the new Philz (with vendor mount points), are you still getting the vendor error when you try flashing Magisk and Super SU zips?
2. What was the outcome of flashing the assayyed flashable zip? Did you get an error or it flashed successfully yet phone went straight to Philz?

BTW, its possible that your fastboot binaries are old. Try those @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17104.html
This post was last modified: 15-09-2018, 11:13 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
15-09-2018, 12:51 PM
(15-09-2018, 11:08 AM)hovatek
(14-09-2018, 06:16 PM)RMT ...

As a rule of thumb, whenever you say "doesn't work" always explain what you mean because that word is ambiguous.
You could debloat the assayyed system.img to further reduce the size i.e remove some system apps.
I need to get 2 things clear
1. After flashing the new Philz (with vendor mount points), are you still getting the vendor error when you try flashing Magisk and Super SU zips?
2. What was the outcome of flashing the assayyed flashable zip? Did you get an error or it flashed successfully yet phone went straight to Philz?

BTW, its possible that your fastboot binaries are old. Try those @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17104.html

Firstable, I'm really sorry about that word. You know I try my best to speak clearly english (because my main langage is french).

Anyway, these are your answers :
1. Yes, I'm still getting the vendor error, and I tried only with Magisk.
2. After philz has finished the script, it said successful and finished flashing the zip without error. But as you said, phone still went straight to Philz after I pressed "reboot system now".

Also, you are right. My fastboot is old. So I downloaded your fastboot version and it finally works. Flashing system is finished without error (If "Invalid sparse file format at header magic" isn't an error).
So, with the new fastboot, I flashed first boot then system image. But it always boots into Philz.
Then I think that I need to flash vendor.img too. So, I flashed one by one boot, system and then vendor using fastboot. It was finished without error.
screenshot : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3XkhFPVv7ZqbzO1pWg (the boot + system processing is also like that, just without the vendor flashing 
But, when I reboot, it boots into Philz too instead.

And finally, I bought the otg cable, flashing twrp, and when I plugged in the cable with a mouse, my mouse doesn't power on and I can't use twrp.
So now, I don't know wether my phone doesn't support otg or my mouse need more power but I'm sure that the cable works (I tried it with an otg-enabled device and it detects the usb).
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-09-2018, 06:17 PM
(15-09-2018, 12:51 PM)RMT Firstable, I'm really sorry about that word. You know I try my best to speak clearly english (because my main langage is french).

2. After philz has finished the script, it said successful and finished flashing the zip without error. But as you said, phone still went straight to Philz after I pressed "reboot system now".

Also, you are right. My fastboot is old. So I downloaded your fastboot version and it finally works. Flashing system is finished without error (If "Invalid sparse file format at header magic" isn't an error).
So, with the new fastboot, I flashed first boot then system image. But it always boots into Philz.
Then I think that I need to flash vendor.img too. So, I flashed one by one boot, system and then vendor using fastboot. It was finished without error.
screenshot : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3XkhFPVv7ZqbzO1pWg (the boot + system processing is also like that, just without the vendor flashing 

And finally, I bought the otg cable, flashing twrp, and when I plugged in the cable with a mouse, my mouse doesn't power on and I can't use twrp.
So now, I don't know wether my phone doesn't support otg or my mouse need more power but I'm sure that the cable works (I tried it with an otg-enabled device and it detects the usb).

seems like nothing is been written to these partitions or the img files have problem
try flashing TWRP to boot partition then try booting your phone as though you want to boot to homescreen > lets know if it boots to TWRP or philz
this will tell if boot is really been written to

also try the OTG cable + mouse on the second device you tried the cable on while the phone is powered to homescreen. if the mouse works its likely your phone doesn't support OTG
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
16-09-2018, 05:12 PM
(15-09-2018, 06:17 PM)X3non
(15-09-2018, 12:51 PM)RMT Firstable, I'm really sorry about that word. You know I try my best to speak clearly english (because my main langage is french).

seems like nothing is been written to these partitions or the img files have problem
try flashing TWRP to boot partition then try booting your phone as though you want to boot to homescreen > lets know if it boots to TWRP or philz

also try the OTG cable + mouse on the second device you tried the cable on while the phone is powered to homescreen. if the mouse works its likely your phone doesn't support OTG

I think I've already said that but yes, when I flashed twrp to boot partition, my phone directly showed philz after I reboot. So, you are right, even if fastboot says write "boot" OKAY, boot isn't been written. Why did it that ?

And about the otg cable, I'll try that tomorrow (I'm looking for worked otg device) and I'll tell you whether my mouse isn't compatible (I don't know if phones give 5V because the mouse require 5V of power) or my phone isn't compatible.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
17-09-2018, 08:37 AM

(16-09-2018, 05:12 PM)RMT
(15-09-2018, 06:17 PM)X3non

I think I've already said that but yes, when I flashed twrp to boot partition, my phone directly showed philz after I reboot. So, you are right, even if fastboot says write "boot" OKAY, boot isn't been written. Why did it that ?

And about the otg cable, I'll try that tomorrow (I'm looking for worked otg device) and I'll tell you whether my mouse isn't compatible (I don't know if phones give 5V because the mouse require 5V of power) or my phone isn't compatible.

Ok, I've tried with an otg phone and my mouse works but my mouse doesn't work with twrp on my phone.
So my phone isn't compatible with otg
This post was last modified: 17-09-2018, 08:38 AM by RMT.
Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next