Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno NX bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno NX bricked

[Please help] Tecno NX bricked

Pages (7): Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-09-2018, 10:20 PM

(19-09-2018, 06:35 PM)RMT ...
After I unpacked the boot backup. And after comparing with stock, I conclude it's the same.
screenshot : (stock boot on the left and boot backup on the right) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3Xkh8Lj19rRb8uTwZx
Root folder is the same.

OK this is good tests you've carried out
in section 3, which backup is this "previous successfully whole stock rom backup" ?
the one you got from wwr_mtk or a different one?
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
20-09-2018, 02:37 AM
(19-09-2018, 10:20 PM)X3non
(19-09-2018, 06:35 PM)RMT ...
After I unpacked the boot backup. And after comparing with stock, I conclude it's the same.
screenshot : (stock boot on the left and boot backup on the right) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3Xkh8Lj19rRb8uTwZx
Root folder is the same.

OK this is good tests you've carried out
in section 3, which backup is this "previous successfully whole stock rom backup" ?
the one you got from wwr_mtk or a different one?

Sorry, I've done lot of mistake in that section.

I'm talking about of my previous PHILZ backup that I said here :

Quote:So,
because I came back to philz now, I tried few things and I found 2 interesting things that maybe could help :

First, I'm able to perform a full backup! Before, I can just backup boot, recovery and system. I think it can be possible because no data has been encrypted.

Just look at this log in philz :

And in this post, I said that philz backed up my stock recovery instead of philz itself because same size, very weird. I'm wrong

Quote:And, it wasn't actually the stock recovery as I said earlier.

I would say : it wasn't the stock recovery but it's philz.

Overall, after these tests, I think it's not a flashing issue but a booting issue. Because all flashing we did (using fastboot or flashable zip) is really successful but it always ALWAYS boots in philz after, even flashing twrp in boot partition do that (it was successful too.
Or the 2. we need to flash a specific partition.
This post was last modified: 20-09-2018, 02:54 AM by RMT.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-09-2018, 02:41 PM
(20-09-2018, 02:37 AM)RMT Sorry, I've done lot of mistake in that section.

ok, thats all sorted out now. its definitely not emmc issue or flashing issue.
during the time you flashed TWRP into recovery partition, did the phone boot straight into TWRP when you tried booting it up or rebooting?
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
20-09-2018, 03:51 PM
(20-09-2018, 02:41 PM)X3non
(20-09-2018, 02:37 AM)RMT Sorry, I've done lot of mistake in that section.

ok, thats all sorted out now. its definitely not emmc issue or flashing issue.
during the time you flashed TWRP into recovery partition, did the phone boot straight into TWRP when you tried booting it up or rebooting?
Yes, actually, it is the only thing that works.

And yes, after I type fastboot reboot and without pressing any button, it boots straight to twrp. Even when I long press the power button to reboot.

Also, according to xda troubleshooting tips, I didn't try the flashing Magisk option, using Magisk manager, patch boot.img then flash through fastboot. Maybe that could resolve the issue ?
I'll try that.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-09-2018, 09:00 PM

(20-09-2018, 03:51 PM)RMT Yes, actually, it is the only thing that works.
And yes, after I type fastboot reboot and without pressing any button, it boots straight to twrp. Even when I long press the power button to reboot.

Also, according to xda troubleshooting tips, I didn't try the flashing Magisk option, using Magisk manager, patch boot.img then flash through fastboot. Maybe that could resolve the issue ?
I'll try that.

you can try that, while at it also check and ensure your vol up button isn't somehow stuck

Edit: also try this if you haven't
flash stock boot and system using fastboot
then wipe userdata and cache using the code
Code:

fastboot -w
fastboot reboot
This post was last modified: 21-09-2018, 11:08 PM by X3non.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
24-09-2018, 09:30 AM
(20-09-2018, 09:00 PM)X3non
(20-09-2018, 03:51 PM)RMT Yes, actually, it is the only thing that works.

I'll try that.

you can try that, while at it also check and ensure your vol up button isn't somehow stuck

Edit: also try this if you haven't
flash stock boot and system using fastboot
then wipe userdata and cache using the code
Code:

fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

Sorry if it's only now I answer. I wasn't at home during the weekend[Image: biggrin.gif].

So, I have a problem with Magisk manager. When I launch it, it only show "Magisk is not installed". The install button doesn't show up. I think Magisk is doing that because it needs internet connection. And now either I have connection and any working phone or a working phone without connection. 
Please, can you patch the boot.img for me ? And upload it after ?

And with the code, I'll do that after flashing the custom rom or after flashing the stock rom ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-09-2018, 11:24 AM
(24-09-2018, 09:30 AM)RMT Sorry if it's only now I answer. I wasn't at home during the weekend[Image: biggrin.gif].
So, I have a problem with Magisk manager. When I launch it, it only show "Magisk is not installed". The install button doesn't show up. I think Magisk is doing that because it needs internet connection. And now either I have connection and any working phone or a working phone without connection. 

And with the code, I'll do that after flashing the custom rom or after flashing the stock rom ?

you should do that after flashing stock boot and system - i'm suspecting philz badly formatted /userdata
btw here is patched_boot at ...
This post was last modified: 25-09-2018, 11:37 PM by X3non.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
24-09-2018, 04:24 PM
(24-09-2018, 11:24 AM)X3non
(24-09-2018, 09:30 AM)RMT Sorry if it's only now I answer. I wasn't at home during the weekend[Image: biggrin.gif].

you should do that after flashing stock boot and system - i'm suspecting philz badly formatted /userdata
btw here is patched_boot at http://www.datafilehost.com/d/1402b02a

Ok,

I've done everything and it still boots into Philz.

First, I tried to flash magisk's patched boot. Finally, I patched boot myself (I've installed android_x86 project in my computer), so I didn't use your patched boot, due to a very bad connection.
I've saved the log so if you need it : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mtCAy5f...sp=sharing
After, I flashed stock boot + the custom rom using fastboot, and I tried the fastboot -w after flashing, next reboot (it always boots into Philz).
screenshots :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1at8lZ-K...sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i2enfxA...sp=sharing

After reboot to bootloader, and then flashed patched boot (according to xda).
screenshot : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pa5o9i...06R4wERJmA

But the outcome is always Philz.
And I've checked out whether it's the patched boot inside my /boot partition. So, yes, after backing up, unpacking and comparing with the patched boot, I concluded it's the same (same size.
patched boot : 6.60 Mb
stock boot : 16384 Mb).
screenshot of ramdisk folder : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E0A_WJ...MSOe3lU4hQ

And second, I flashed back stock boot + stock rom, then performing the full wipe (fastboot -w as you said) and after rebooting, I have philz screen.
screenshots :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LfWPSf9...sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vcv6l3k...sp=sharing

So, now I've tried all xda troubleshooting tips and nothing works.

The only thing that I think could be the issue is the system partition state that I said before. It might be in non-bootable state, this maybe explains why it always boots into Philz and why I never have bootloop. And using the command -a, --set-active[=<slot>] (that I don't know how to use) could solve it.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-09-2018, 12:15 AM
(24-09-2018, 04:24 PM)RMT Ok,
The only thing that I think could be the issue is the system partition state that I said before. It might be in non-bootable state, this maybe explains why it always boots into Philz and why I never have bootloop. And using the command -a, --set-active[=<slot>] (that I don't know how to use) could solve it.

very much doubt your device support slots. you can try checking if your device even support different slots
Code:

fastboot getvar current_slot
OR
fastboot getvar all

if there's a current slot you'll get output like this
<bootloader> current-slot: _a

Code:

fastboot -a, --set-active=A
fastboot -a, --set-active=B
this depends on which slot you want to set active. it should also notify you if you device doesn't support slots

try this as well, boot philz > mounts and storage > 
there should be three items here <cache, data and system>. lets know if all three are mountable
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
26-09-2018, 07:13 PM

(26-09-2018, 12:15 AM)X3non
(24-09-2018, 04:24 PM)RMT Ok,

very much doubt your device support slots. you can try checking if your device even support different slots
Code:

fastboot getvar current_slot
OR
fastboot getvar all

if there's a current slot you'll get output like this
<bootloader> current-slot: _a

Code:

fastboot -a, --set-active=A
fastboot -a, --set-active=B
this depends on which slot you want to set active. it should also notify you if you device doesn't support slots

try this as well, boot philz > mounts and storage > 
there should be three items here <cache, data and system>. lets know if all three are mountable

Yes, you're right. My phone doesn't support slot because even when I flash the custom rom, I used the a-only mode. Sorry for that, I thought that I have the same issue with oneplus 6 but finally not.

When I type the command fastboot getvar current_slot it just says :

current_slot:
Finished. Total time: 0.000s

And I've tried the fastboot -a, --set-active=A code too but I have that :

fastboot: error Device does not support slots

Also, I checked out the mounts and storage options.
So, first, I can mount those three partitions without getting error : /system, /cache and /data.
But when I went back then returned, /cache has been unmounted and I need to mount that again. I have that :

Mounts and Storage
- unmount /system
- mount /cache
- unmount /data

And finally, I found on the xda thread that phh has fixed "boot on some devices" with v25. Maybe that will work now with my phone I've said. But not, nothing. I think that I'll ask him in his thread but I think that he couldn't help me too because there's neither community support nor official support with my phone.

Code I've typed :
fastboot devices
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash system system_vanilla_25.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

After I flashed Magisk's patched boot but it does nothing too.
Pages (7): Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next