Hovatek Forum GENERAL General Discussions How to Flash a Phone (any phone)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to Flash a Phone (any phone)

How to Flash a Phone (any phone)

EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
11-09-2018, 12:19 PM

At a point in my life, this was a very pressing question in my mind, and back then, I did not even have a phone of my own. I know, this is that point in your life also, irrespective of how many phones you have. So read till the end and take a direction into our world.

Let's get some things clear
1 There is no single way to flash all phones.
2 Different phones are different for a reason and have different and multiple procedures.
3 Sometimes, the same problem has many (more than one) causes.

Having made peace with those [Image: rolleyes.gif]

This is a simple guide to being successful in phone software repairs.
1 Know the particular phone you are working on----- Mediatek,Spreadtrum, Qualcomm, Hisilicon, etc.This will help you know the resources you need to work on the phone.

2 Get a healthy and Fast PC. This will ensure that you are only fixing one device which is the phone, so you can focus on it and not battling with both the phone and PC you are fixing it with. By HEALTHY, I mean good ports, mouse, keyboard, Operating system. Also make sure that your connection is healthy; working and high quality usb cables.

3    Have a basic history of the phone.

4   Having found out information of the phone, proceed to google (our best friend), and read from at least 3 sources about what you are about to do on the exact phone. Read complete post and comments section also. This is to get an overview of results of the applied tutorial or software as the case may be.

5 Make sure you understood all you read, if not , search more and read more.

BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS TO A PHONE,TAKE A BACKUP OF THE PHONE'S FIRMWARE,UNLESS OFCOURSE< THE PHONE IS DEAD

6 Follow the general tutorial or the one with the best results (feedback) from comments at your own risk also [Image: biggrin.gif][Image: tongue.gif]

7 Download all the requirements from the tutorial you are about to follow before you start anything.

8 Drivers are KINGS, they determine about 50% of the outcome of any operation involving connection between a phone and a PC (i.e Laptop or desktop). Make sure you have the particular driver for the phone, the software and the particular operation you are carrying out on the phone. This is because different softwares and operations may require different drivers for the same phone.

9 Do not skip steps.

10 Do not assume anything, verify everything.

11 Keep everything you think you know behind, only refer a little[Image: cool.gif], there is a reason you are following a tutorial, what you know did not work!!!

12 While following the tutorial, anywhere you fail, check your steps again from the beginning.

Do your repairs in a calm and organized environment.  Hehehe[Image: wink.gif] (not me) before I'm done, I have disorganized mine.

And I am a Nigerian.

#Emmanus
This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 12:22 PM by EMMANUS.