Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Hovatek TWRP Porting Tool Meidatek devices
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Hovatek TWRP Porting Tool Meidatek devices

[Please help] Hovatek TWRP Porting Tool Meidatek devices

LeTouffu
LeTouffu
LeTouffu
11-09-2018, 11:10 PM

New thread created on request.
As stated on previous thread on same subject, neither 1.0 nor 1.2 or 1.3 beta version worked for me. Stockrom recovery has been patched into output directory, and successfully flashed using both "fastboot flash" and "SP flash tool" download but recovery screen looks unchanged while booting the device in recovery mode. 

Unpacking/repacking works like a charm. A recovery.img is patched into the output folder. However, flashing this image changes nothing noticeable. Booting into recovery mode from adb reboot recovery command or Volume UP+Power button boot on the devce launches familliar stock recovery (Volume down + Power button leads to Factory Mode as pointed earlier by somebody).

I can't imagine what is going wrong, since the 3 output recovery images have all various sizes, and no one works, whereas the stock recovery img works normally !  Of course the bootloader has been succesfully unlocked otherwise I would not have been able to flash.

Configuration: 
Device recovery shows :alps/full_v2800/v28006.0/MRA58K/1473212684 but I could not find same stock Rom nor extract it before
StockRom recovery.img is extracted from MT6580_V2800AN_K-KOOL_6.0_WIKO_ALPS.W10.24.p0_2017-08-25 17_05_05 zip file fond via needrom
Platform Tools in path: Appdata\Local\Android\Sdk\Platform-tools
This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 10:36 AM by hovatek.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
12-09-2018, 08:52 AM
(11-09-2018, 11:10 PM)LeTouffu New thread created on request.
As stated on previous thread on same subject, neither 1.0 nor 1.2 or 1.3 beta version worked for me. Stockrom recovery has been patched into output directory, and successfully flashed using both "fastboot flash" and "SP flash tool" download but recovery screen looks unchanged while booting the device in recovery mode. 

Unpacking/repacking works like a charm. A recovery.img is patched into the output folder. However, flashing this image changes nothing noticeable. Booting into recovery mode from adb reboot recovery command or Volume UP+Power button boot on the devce launches familliar stock recovery (Volume down + Power button leads to Factory Mode as pointed earlier by somebody).

I can't imagine what is going wrong, since the 3 output recovery images have all various sizes, and no one works, whereas the stock recovery img works normally !  Of course the bootloader has been succesfully unlocked otherwise I would not have been able to flash.

Configuration: 
Device recovery shows :alps/full_v2800/v28006.0/MRA58K/1473212684 but I could not find same stock Rom nor extract it before
StockRom recovery.img is extracted from MT6580_V2800AN_K-KOOL_6.0_WIKO_ALPS.W10.24.p0_2017-08-25 17_05_05 zip file fond via needrom

State your device model, chipset, android version and build no.?
Also, do you need the custom recovery for rooting purpose?

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile
LeTouffu
LeTouffu
LeTouffu
12-09-2018, 09:40 AM
(12-09-2018, 08:52 AM)innagee

Configuration: 

Thanks for trying to help. Plse find the requested information.
  1. Device Model is Wiko k-Kool
  2. Chipset is MT6580 (as far as I could guess, because I could not install the app from leakite.com download address being blocked from Norton security as counterfeited technical domain:  https://pptchecker.club/VTQyMzE0Vl9H)
  3. Android versiion is Marchmallow i.e.6.0
  4. Build No is MRA58K release keys (according to phone settings No 5) and customized version is K-KOOL-V18.04.SWS.01-[Marshmallow-6.0] (according to last phone settings No 6) 
In reply to your last question: yes, I am trying try to root the phone, if possible systemless. I started with successful bootloader oem unlock with resotring my user data, then proceeded to flash stock boot and recovery images (only) from two alleged stock roms for MT6580 I indicated previously. First one left the phone unbootable, second one reestablished familiar functioning of both.

Why do I need to root the phone ? Because I am currently lacking application internal memory space and bought a super rapid 64GB external SD, I would like to use casually for removal storage and other phones. Without rooting I  could neither achieve to bakcup my data to it with non rooted Helium nor move the apps without reformatting it.
Regards
LeTouffu
LeTouffu
LeTouffu
12-09-2018, 10:23 AM
(12-09-2018, 08:52 AM)innagee

Configuration: 

Thanks for trying to help. Plse find the requested information.
  1. Device Model is Wiko k-Kool
  2. Chipset is MT6580M  MT6580 (as reported by Leakite CPU Identifier app)
  3. Android versiion is Marchmallow i.e.6.0
  4. Build No is MRA58K release keys (according to phone settings No 5) and customized version is K-KOOL-V18.04.SWS.01-[Marshmallow-6.0] (according to last phone settings No 6) 
In reply to your last question: yes, I am trying try to root the phone, if possible systemless. I started with successful bootloader oem unlock with resotring my user data, then proceeded to flash stock boot and recovery images (only) from two alleged stock roms for MT6580 I indicated previously. First one left the phone unbootable, second one reestablished familiar functioning of both.

Why do I need to root the phone ? Because I am currently lacking application internal memory space and bought a super rapid 64GB external SD, I would like to use casually for removal storage and other phones. Without rooting I  could neither achieve to bakcup my data to it with non rooted Helium nor move the apps without reformatting it.
Regards
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-09-2018, 10:41 AM

Configuration: 

For best compatibility, the stock recovery you use to port custom recovery should have been extracted from your phone or from a firmware which has already been flashed to your phone and therefore currently running on the phone.
Try rooting using Magisk @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 10:43 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.