Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Dead Tecno ka7 after formatting
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Dead Tecno ka7 after formatting

[Please help] Dead Tecno ka7 after formatting

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-09-2018, 05:16 PM

(27-09-2018, 01:06 PM)wangengi I read after formatting (bad for me) coz I wanted to flash with another bin file and the flashing completed with bin but didn't complete with scatter. I used DA from hovatec. Wanted to exhaust all available solutions before opening coz of warranty issues. Thanks.

Sent from my Infinix-X521 using Hovatek Mobile

since flashing scatter file dump doesnt work due to the -sign header error
did you try reading firmware in bin format from the working KA7 then try writing that large bin file onto the dead one?
wangengi
wangengi
wangengi
27-09-2018, 10:35 PM
(27-09-2018, 05:16 PM)X3non
(27-09-2018, 01:06 PM)wangengi
I read after formatting (bad for me) coz I wanted to flash with another bin file and the flashing completed with bin but didn't complete with scatter. I used DA from hovatec. Wanted to exhaust all available solutions before opening coz of warranty issues. Thanks.

since flashing scatter file dump doesnt work due to the -sign header error
did you try reading firmware in bin format from the working KA7 then try writing that large bin file onto the dead one?
  • Thanks for all the technical support hv bn getting. As earlier said I wrote another bin file from a similar working phone. It flashed 100%, then reverted to the original one (faulty one). Also was asking could the battery drain to 0% and yet it 100% just before formatting? Have tried charging for like 2hrs but still not booting. The charging led shows blue does it mean it still alive? When conjected to PC keeps giving connecting and disconnecting sound, what this mean. Finally if by now the warranty is void then will consider disconnecting the battery. Thanks will post the progress, but
pliz answer these

EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
28-09-2018, 08:38 AM
When you say 'reverted', what do you mean?
Battery could drain between flashing 2 files , which you did.

The connecting and disconnecting should be as a result of unrecognized preloader
This post was last modified: 28-09-2018, 08:41 AM by EMMANUS.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-09-2018, 05:41 PM
(27-09-2018, 10:35 PM)wangengi Thanks for all the technical support hv bn getting. As earlier said I wrote another bin file from a similar working phone. It flashed 100%, then reverted to the original one (faulty one). Also was asking could the battery drain to 0% and yet it 100% just before formatting? Have tried charging for like 2hrs but still not booting. The charging led shows blue does it mean it still alive? When conjected to PC keeps giving connecting and disconnecting sound, what this mean. Finally if by now the warranty is void then will consider disconnecting the battery. Thanks will post the progress, but[/list]pliz answer these

very common for phones with inbuilt batteries to get stuck in flash mode - which will result to 0% if you decide to go with charging rather than disconnecting / reconnecting battery

if you dont want to void warranty, then why not take the phone for repair since you still have warranty cause charging for 2 hours doesn't say much esp as you didn't take note of the build number before you initially formatted. unless you wish to charge for days just for proper confirmation
wangengi
wangengi
wangengi
28-09-2018, 06:30 PM

(28-09-2018, 05:41 PM)X3non
(27-09-2018, 10:35 PM)wangengi
Thanks for all the technical support hv bn getting. As earlier said I wrote another bin file from a similar working phone. It flashed 100%, then reverted to the original one (faulty one). Also was asking could the battery drain to 0% and yet it 100% just before formatting? Have tried charging for like 2hrs but still not booting. The charging led shows blue does it mean it still alive? When conjected to PC keeps giving connecting and disconnecting sound, what this mean. Finally if by now the warranty is void then will consider disconnecting the battery. Thanks will post the progress, but[/list]pliz answer these

very common for phones with inbuilt batteries to get stuck in flash mode - which will result to 0% if you decide to go with charging rather than disconnecting / reconnecting battery

if you dont want to void warranty, then why not take the phone for repair since you still have warranty cause charging for 2 hours doesn't say much esp as you didn't take note of the build number before you initially formatted. unless you wish to charge for days just for proper confirmation
Thanks a lot. This has made me learn so much, in many threads and posts that I have read. Thanks again for great work you are doing, this will be my first stop always.

wangengi
wangengi
wangengi
28-09-2018, 06:34 PM
(28-09-2018, 08:38 AM)EMMANUS When you say 'reverted', what do you mean?

The connecting and disconnecting should be as a result of unrecognized preloader

Thanks a lot. I meant flashing the initial backed up flash (.bin) that I read after formatting.

wangengi
wangengi
wangengi
28-09-2018, 06:41 PM

Thanks a lot for continued support. By reverted I meant restoring back flash that I read after formatting (.bin file) I never imagined that the battery could drain that first during flashing. Thanks for the info.

wangengi
wangengi
wangengi
28-09-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:Then again was wondering how could preloader be affected since I used " format all except preloader
"

freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
28-09-2018, 08:07 PM
(28-09-2018, 06:34 PM)wangengi Thanks a lot. I meant flashing the initial backed up flash (.bin) that I read after formatting.

there is no need of flashing the bin backup you made from the dead phone after you already formatted everything off the phone, that backup is pretty much useless.
your focus should be on the bin backup you got from the working phone and also check to be sure of the model cause KA7O is different from KA7 even though they both have almost similar build number
wangengi
wangengi
wangengi
28-09-2018, 08:33 PM

(28-09-2018, 08:07 PM)freshtyt
(28-09-2018, 06:34 PM)wangengi
Thanks a lot. I meant flashing the initial backed up flash (.bin) that I read after formatting.

there is no need of flashing the bin backup you made from the dead phone after you already formatted everything off the phone, that backup is pretty much useless.
your focus should be on the bin backup you got from the working phone and also check to be sure of the model cause KA7O is different from KA7 even though they both have almost similar build number
OK. I did thinking may it wasn't the same build no, but both are KA7. I also charged for like 6hrs but no sign of powering except charging indication (blue LED). Thanks a lot.

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next