Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Infinix X600 (Note 2) H532 A1 L Stuck in Bootloop After Flashing Stock ROM
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Infinix X600 (Note 2) H532 A1 L Stuck in Bootloop After Flashing Stock ROM

[Please help] Infinix X600 (Note 2) H532 A1 L Stuck in Bootloop After Flashing Stock ROM

AlanM
AlanM
AlanM
Enthusiastic Member
27-09-2018, 09:00 PM

Hi.
I'm desperately in need of some help fixing my Infinix Note 2 A1 1 GB Version.

History:
I recently got this phone from a friend.
It was dead; the battery had not been charged for a while but the phone was perfectly functional when they used it last. And it was running the stock ROM with zero changes.
I charged it to 100% and switched it on.

It was working... the phone booted and started up, but then it got stuck while loading the apps ("loading apps 109 of 120")
So, I switched it off when it was in that frozen state.
A few hours later when I switched it on, all I got was a Bootloop that ends up in "sleeping" android with a red triangle.

I tried to get into recovery (to do a factory reset) using various key combinations but nothing worked. I kept getting the "sleeping" android with a red triangle and constant Bootloop.

So I went looking for solutions online.
Problem was, I didn't/don't know the exact firmware of this phone. I am not willing to open it up to check the motherboard... that would be a last resort.
The only things I am 100% sure of are that the phone is Infinix X600 A1 1GB RAM version 16GB storage.

Therefore, based on that knowledge, I picked two stock ROMs from your X600 Stock ROMs options:
01 - Infinix X600 Note 2 1GB RAM version X600-H532-A1-L-20160120
02 - Infinix X600 Note 2 1GB RAM version X600-H532-A1-M-20160317

I used the SP Flash Tool (v 5.1828) to "Format All + Download" each of the above ROMs as follows:

I flashed the 1st ROM successfully. 

I then disconnected and powered on the phone.
It stayed on the Infinix logo for about 17 seconds, then it restarted itself and stayed on the Infinix logo for another 40 seconds and then restarts again, stays on the Infinix logo for another 17 seconds, then restarts again and stays on the Infinix logo for about 2 minutes, then the screen goes blank for 1 minute and then the "sleeping" android with a red triangle shows up.

From here I used the key combination (hold power button for 2 seconds, then add volume up button to the combination and then release volume up button while still holding the power button) to get into stock recovery.

In the recovery, I cleared the cache and then factory reset the phone and rebooted it. 
Nothing changed.

So I flashed the 2nd ROM using "Format All + Download" option successfully.

The result was the same as above...

Please help me...
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
28-09-2018, 08:36 AM
(27-09-2018, 09:00 PM)AlanM Hi.

History:
It was dead; the battery had not been charged for a while but the phone was perfectly functional when they used it last. And it was running the stock ROM with zero changes.

It was working... the phone booted and started up, but then it got stuck while loading the apps ("loading apps 109 of 120")
A few hours later when I switched it on, all I got was a Bootloop that ends up in "sleeping" android with a red triangle.

I tried to get into recovery (to do a factory reset) using various key combinations but nothing worked. I kept getting the "sleeping" android with a red triangle and constant Bootloop.

Problem was, I didn't/don't know the exact firmware of this phone. I am not willing to open it up to check the motherboard... that would be a last resort.
The only things I am 100% sure of are that the phone is Infinix X600 A1 1GB RAM version 16GB storage.

Therefore, based on that knowledge, I picked two stock ROMs from your X600 Stock ROMs options:

I used the SP Flash Tool (v 5.1828) to "Format All + Download" each of the above ROMs as follows:

It stayed on the Infinix logo for about 17 seconds, then it restarted itself and stayed on the Infinix logo for another 40 seconds and then restarts again, stays on the Infinix logo for another 17 seconds, then restarts again and stays on the Infinix logo for about 2 minutes, then the screen goes blank for 1 minute and then the "sleeping" android with a red triangle shows up.

From here I used the key combination (hold power button for 2 seconds, then add volume up button to the combination and then release volume up button while still holding the power button) to get into stock recovery.

In the recovery, I cleared the cache and then factory reset the phone and rebooted it. 
Nothing changed.

Please help me...

there are other A1 stock ROMs apart from the you've flashed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19960.html , why not give it a try.
Don't forget to wipe data/factory reset via recovery immediately after flashing firmware.
This post was last modified: 28-09-2018, 08:36 AM by xerxes.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
28-09-2018, 03:08 PM
Wipe data factory reset after flashing as Innagee suggested.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-09-2018, 09:43 PM

History:

Nothing changed.

Please help me...

You should be careful formatting and flashing firmware to your X600 (refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11899.html )
Before flashing, there were ways you could have found out the original build number so we would know what exact rom to go for.
Anyway, it sounds like there's more at play than what you were told by whoever gave you the device.
Right now, we're looking at /system issue.
Try other roms but don't format
Also if you're on a Marshmallow rom, flash cwm @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15261.html and see if it boots into CWM.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
AlanM
AlanM
AlanM
Enthusiastic Member
28-09-2018, 10:14 PM

(28-09-2018, 08:36 AM)innagee

History:

Nothing changed.

Please help me...

there are other A1 stock ROMs apart from the you've flashed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19960.html , why not give it a try.
Don't forget to wipe data/factory reset via recovery immediately after flashing firmware.

Hi, innagge! Thanks for the reply.

I have actually flashed every single A1 ROM available on that page (including the wipe cache + factory reset after) with similar results: Bootloop.
I'll do it again for thoroughness sake though, and keep tabs on any and all changes.

I'll get back to you as soon as I'm done.
AlanM
AlanM
AlanM
Enthusiastic Member
28-09-2018, 10:18 PM
(28-09-2018, 03:08 PM)EMMANUS Wipe data factory reset after flashing as Innagee suggested.

Thanks for the reply @ Emmanus!

I had actually done that. I'd read a lot of threads on this board before asking for help and did my best to follow the instructions given, including factory reset after flashing.

BUT, there's always a possibility of having done something incorrectly, therefore I'll repeat the procedure for each and every A1 stock ROM over the next few hours and get back to you.

Thanks again
AlanM
AlanM
AlanM
Enthusiastic Member
28-09-2018, 10:26 PM
(28-09-2018, 09:43 PM)hovatek

History:

Nothing changed.

Please help me...

You should be careful formatting and flashing firmware to your X600 (refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11899.html )
Before flashing, there were ways you could have found out the original build number so we would know what exact rom to go for.
Anyway, it sounds like there's more at play than what you were told by whoever gave you the device.
Right now, we're looking at /system issue.
Try other roms but don't format
Also if you're on a Marshmallow rom, flash cwm @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15261.html and see if it boots into CWM.

Thanks "Hovatek".

The previous owner had mentioned it running slow, and having had self-restart issues with it, but it was Booting fine at the least.
Hopefully, you'll be able to help me fix it.

Okay, I'll try the other ROMs as I indicated above, but this time I will not use the "Format all + Download" option. I'll use the "Download only" option

Unfortunately, I'm on Lollipop ROM not marshmallow, so I can't use that recovery...

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Thanks again.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
29-09-2018, 10:53 AM
When the flash chips get weak, X551 and X600 take awfully long for first boot. Just note
AlanM
AlanM
AlanM
Enthusiastic Member
04-10-2018, 11:20 AM
Hi guys, thanks for all the help so far.

I decided to hold off on any more flashing until I get a technician with the proper tools to open up the phone and confirm the motherboard details for me.

I'll get back here after that.

Cheers.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
04-10-2018, 03:33 PM

(04-10-2018, 11:20 AM)AlanM Hi guys, thanks for all the help so far.

I decided to hold off on any more flashing until I get a technician with the proper tools to open up the phone and confirm the motherboard details for me.

I'll get back here after that.

Cheers.

that's a good idea