Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows [Please help] WD My Passport problem
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] WD My Passport problem

[Please help] WD My Passport problem

Jessi pinkman
Jessi pinkman
Jessi pinkman
15-10-2018, 02:10 AM

Please help !!
I made a password for my external hard drive (WD) by WD security app a month ago with auto unlock for my laptop so I don't have to write the password everytime I use it
The thing is I had to reset windows 10 due to some issues and when I try to open the external drive it asks for the password but I can't remember it though I logged in to the windows after the reset with the same old account.
Is there any other solution other than formatting it ?? *There's important data on it that I don't want to lose*
juvette
juvette
juvette
15-10-2018, 12:45 PM
(15-10-2018, 02:10 AM)Jessi pinkman Please help !!
I made a password for my external hard drive (WD) by WD security app a month ago with auto unlock for my laptop so I don't have to write the password everytime I use it
The thing is I had to reset windows 10 due to some issues and when I try to open the external drive it asks for the password but I can't remember it though I logged in to the windows after the reset with the same old account.
Is there any other solution other than formatting it ?? *There's important data on it that I don't want to lose*

"The WD Security software uses the set password to electronically lock and unlock the drive. If you forget your password you will lose access to your data, THE DRIVE WILL NEED TO BE ERASED BEFORE IT CAN BE USED AGAIN."

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile