Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to backup Qualcomm ROM using Miracle Box
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to backup Qualcomm ROM using Miracle Box

[Tutorial] How to backup Qualcomm ROM using Miracle Box

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-10-2018, 03:31 PM

This step-by-step guide will explain how to use Miracle Box/Miracle Thunder to back up or read a Qualcomm Android device's ROM/firmware. The firmware format will be in QFIL-flashable format.

Requirements

How to backup or read a Qualcomm Android device's ROM using Miracle Box

Follow the steps below to read Qualcomm flash file or firmware using Miracle Box

See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/F8syYiiDqVs

1. Launch Miracle Box

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...are-1.webp]

2. Click the Qualcomm tab

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...are-2.webp]

3. Click the Read/Format Flash tab

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...are-3.webp]

4. You'll notice that the Port is empty

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...are-4.webp]

5. Press the Windows button, search for Device Manager and launch it

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...are-5.webp]

6. Once in device manager, boot the phone into Emergency Download Mode (EDL) then connect to the PC via a USB cord

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...are-6.webp]

7. The phone should be detected as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...are-7.webp]

8. Go back to Miracle Box and click Port

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...are-8.webp]

9. The device should be detected under the Port section

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...are-9.webp]

10. Leave Read Partitions ticked then click the Start Button

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...re-10.webp]

11. The phone's partitions should be displayed.

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...re-11.webp]

12. Tick Read Flash

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...re-12.webp]

13. Untick any partition you do not wish to backup (ticked partitions will be backed up)

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...re-13.webp]

14. Click the Start Button (still with the phone connected to the PC)

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...re-14.webp]

15. Miracle Box should display the phone's info

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...re-15.webp]

16. In the Window that pops up, select the location you wish to save the Qualcomm ROM dump to then click OK

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...re-16.webp]

17. Miracle Box should begin dumping the phone's firmware

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...re-17.webp]

18. You'll get a Done message once the backup is complete

[Image: How-to-use-Miracle-Box-to-backup-or-read...re-18.webp]

Important Notice
  • Miracle Box ideally requires a hardware dongle/box to work. Installing and running the setup without one will result in an error
  • If you decide to use a Loader version (no box or dongle needed) then your antivirus might flag it as malware. You'll need to disable your antivirus to allow the loader to work but you do this at your own risk
  • If your phone gets detected as qhsusb_bulk when connected in EDL mode then you've not installed the drivers correctly
  • Once the device has been detected (under Ports), leave it connected throughout the backup process

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial I'll be explaining how to backup a Qualcomm Android device's firmware using miracle box. First off, you need to have installed your Qualcomm USB drivers. We have a guide on how to do that. Then you need to have your miracle box also. Now, once you have these two in place, you open the miracle box folder and launch miracle box then wait for the dashboard to come up. Good. Now, once the dashboard comes up, you click on the Qualcomm tab and then click read / format flash. Now, in this place, you tick... you can see under Port here you need to select port but it's not displaying so now for you to get ports you press the window button and you search for device manager and launch device manager in device manager, under Ports. You can see I have just three entries.

Now I'm going to boot my phone into Emergency Download (EDL) Mode then connect it to the PC via a USB cord. For my device, I hold both volume buttons while powered off then I connect it to the PC via USB cord okay device manager is refreshing Good now I have my entry Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. Now I have my Qualcomm device detected. Back to miracle box, you click on ports and that will detect your Qualcomm HS-USB so I have my ports sorted out. Now, you go to (tick) the Read Partitions you tick that and click on the Start Button and wait while Miracle box begins to read the device's info. Now, I have a list of all the partitions here so can tick or untick any partition.

Now, any partition you tick is going to be backed up and any you untick will be left out. I'm going to untick userdata and system all right and system Good. Now, you tick Read Flash, don't forget that. I did that already then click on the Start Button still with the device connected. Its going to start backing up. In this pop-up, you navigate to the location where you wish to save your Qualcomm dump or your Qualcomm firmware backup. I'll select the Miracle box folder. I'm trying to create a new folder I'll head over to the directory I'll just create a new folder where I can save my backup to I'll go back to Miracle box, select the Miracle box folder.

You can select any folder you want. I'm just using the Miracle box folder in this example and then click OK now Miracle Box will start backing up. You can see I have modem already backed up. You'll see other files or partitions being backed up. I left out system and userdata so that the backup process can be completed on time. Those two will take a lot of time to back up so you wait while miracle box backs up. You do not disconnect or interrupt the processAlright! Done! So I go check the folder and I have all my files backed up I can just select everything and move them over to the Qualcomm dump folder and there! I have my Qualcomm phone's firmware backed up. So that's how to back up a Qualcomm Android device (rom or firmware) using miracle box
This post was last modified: 18-11-2023, 01:41 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Maliba Fasso
Maliba Fasso
Maliba Fasso
22-02-2019, 08:16 PM
The backup firmware TECNO CA7-H633BCDK-O-V2-180502V235 with miracle box doesn't work
I try with Nck box, WWr and all proposed in tutoriels
Please help me
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-02-2019, 11:02 AM
(22-02-2019, 08:16 PM)Maliba Fasso The backup firmware  TECNO CA7-H633BCDK-O-V2-180502V235 with miracle box doesn't work
I try with Nck box, WWr and all proposed in tutoriels
Please help me

create a new thread so we'll focus on this
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
Kingfeargod
Kingfeargod
Kingfeargod
12-03-2019, 03:11 AM
Hi, i tried backing up my device with this method....
i keep getting this error...
bootload error ID: 0003

i have installed the drivers correctly, i don't know else to do.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-03-2019, 10:48 AM

(12-03-2019, 03:11 AM)Kingfeargod Hi, i tried backing up my device with this method....
i have installed the drivers correctly, i don't know else to do.

create a new thread for your device issue so we'll focus on this
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
alichiddy
alichiddy
alichiddy
Enthusiastic Member
23-04-2019, 07:48 PM
Do I have to have the Bootloader unlocked? I can't seem to have a way to unlock it in 2 devices from 2 different manufactures (Vivo & Lenovo), all the fastboot commands that I've found on the internet didn't work
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-04-2019, 09:53 AM
(23-04-2019, 07:48 PM)alichiddy Do I have to have the Bootloader unlocked? I can't seem to have a way to unlock it in 2 devices from 2 different manufactures (Vivo & Lenovo), all the fastboot commands that I've found on the internet didn't work

You don't need to unlock bootloader in order to backup
Noblex
Noblex
Noblex
Respected Member
15-07-2019, 07:14 PM
I created a firmware dump with the guide above using miracle box for infinix x608 by unticking only the userdata partition, so I have been trying to flash the dumped firmware with HQXA Tools, Qfil but am having error message prompt
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
16-07-2019, 08:03 AM
(15-07-2019, 07:14 PM)Noblex I created a firmware dump with the guide above using miracle box for infinix x608 by unticking only the userdata partition, so I have been trying to flash the dumped firmware with HQXA Tools, Qfil but am having error message prompt

If it was backed up with miracle box then it will only be flashed with miracle box.
Noblex
Noblex
Noblex
Respected Member
16-07-2019, 10:55 AM

(16-07-2019, 08:03 AM)innagee
(15-07-2019, 07:14 PM)Noblex I created a firmware dump with the guide above using miracle box for infinix x608 by unticking only the userdata partition, so I have been trying to flash the dumped firmware with HQXA Tools, Qfil but am having error message prompt

If it was backed up with miracle box then it will only be flashed with miracle box.
How can I flash the firmware to the phone using miracle box
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next