Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Error detecting physical length address
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Error detecting physical length address

Error detecting physical length address

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
26-10-2018, 12:56 AM

Hello hovatek moderators and gurus in d the house, I have been having dis difficulty for a long time now, it goes thus;
Whenenver I want to perform ram test in rom dumping using wwr tools always give me dram flip test,I was told to use mtkdroid tools but I noticed mtkdroidtools no longer works on newer chipset, so I was told again to use wwr and sp flash tool using pgpt file, so dis it;
After creating a scatter file for my chipset in wwr , though I have d normal scatter file downloaded from hovatek but what if I don't have access to normal scatter file,can't I use my own scatter file to start afresh , so I created a scatter file using wwr in regard to my phone chipset mtk6763 I.e infinix note 5,after creating d scatter file ,I move onto spflash tool to perform a readback , so I ticked and perform a readback with emmc_user and d address no being told like 0*0 and d physical start of 0*80000,and I perform a successful feedback of rom_0 of like 512kb , went back to wwr ,I selected d select file which is my rom_0 but nothing happens , as in I will post a screenshot of my PC screen ,I tried on wwr 2.30 and wwr 2.40 ,I need this badly so as not to bother hovatek every month for boot.img for my phone cos I receive update every month , its an android one cos of d security patch( who send dem), so pls gurus in d house come to my aid
This post was last modified: 26-10-2018, 01:16 AM by alumi4skop. Edit Reason: Pix addition
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (6).png
Size: 301.46 KB / Downloads: 9
.png
Screenshot (7).png
Size: 60.6 KB / Downloads: 8
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
26-10-2018, 01:20 AM
I am stuck here to complete my full rom dump using wwr method since I can't use miracle loader, pls remain small for me to get it done only dis is d trouble in my way to d finish line
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
26-10-2018, 01:52 AM
And further more I did those steps on mtk6580 infinix hot5 and it worked using wwr pgpt but with x604 note 5 is anoda unpleasant story, pls help me
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-10-2018, 10:20 AM
(26-10-2018, 12:56 AM)alumi4skop Hello hovatek moderators and gurus in d the house, I have been having dis difficulty for a long time now, it goes thus;
Whenenver I want to perform ram test in rom dumping using wwr tools always give me dram flip test,I was told to use mtkdroid tools but I noticed mtkdroidtools no longer works on newer chipset, so I was told again to use wwr and sp flash tool using pgpt file, so dis it;
After creating a scatter file for my chipset in wwr , though I have d normal scatter file downloaded from hovatek but what if I don't have access to normal scatter file,can't I use my own scatter file to start afresh , so I created a scatter file using wwr in regard to my phone chipset mtk6763 I.e infinix note 5,after creating d scatter file ,I move onto spflash tool to perform a readback , so I ticked and perform a readback with emmc_user and d address no being told like 0*0 and d physical start of 0*80000,and I perform a successful feedback of rom_0 of like 512kb , went back to wwr ,I selected d select file which is my rom_0 but nothing happens , as in I will post a screenshot of my PC screen ,I tried on wwr 2.30 and wwr 2.40 ,I need this badly so as not to bother hovatek every month for boot.img for my phone cos I receive update every month , its an android one cos of d security patch( who send dem), so pls gurus in d house come to my aid

if your model has scatter file on our individual firmware list, you can use that to begin or you can create one using wwr. any one you go with is fine
attach this PGPT file of yours here lets take a look, also note that PGPT is on emmc_user not on emmc_boot1
if you read 0x80000 from emmc_boot1 you'll get preloader instead of PGPT, try doing another readback just to be sure you read from emmc_user
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
26-10-2018, 11:22 AM

(26-10-2018, 10:20 AM)X3non
(26-10-2018, 12:56 AM)alumi4skop Hello hovatek moderators and gurus in d the house, I have been having dis difficulty for a long time now, it goes thus;

if your model has scatter file on our individual firmware list, you can use that to begin or you can create one using wwr. any one you go with is fine
attach this PGPT file of yours here lets take a look, also note that PGPT is on emmc_user not on emmc_boot1
if you read 0x80000 from emmc_boot1 you'll get preloader instead of PGPT, try doing another readback just to be sure you read from emmc_user

Yea I did create a empty scatter txt using wwr using create scatter file in the scatter tab with regard to my chipset type mt6763,though I have scatter file for my chipset with full partition details here in hovatek but I decided to use my home created in wwr (what if I don't have access to scatter file here b4,wont I do it), here are d details and of course I use emmc user in d spflashtool feedback options start address and length is 0*0 and 0*80000 respectively, see above
Attached Files
.txt
MT6763_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 1.01 KB / Downloads: 3
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
26-10-2018, 11:24 AM
I can't to upload d rom_0 thing for a check , so u can inspect maybe I ommited something here
This post was last modified: 26-10-2018, 11:25 AM by alumi4skop. Edit Reason: Misspellings by my keyboard
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
26-10-2018, 11:39 AM
I decided to dance to dis wahala tune, so I use my previous downloaded from scatter txt which of course I have updated my phone to anoda build no , so use d scatter all result na same same here, pls way out,I have cross checked my i's and t's but no changes, pls anyone dat has successfully perform a full from dump of dis phone using wwr should come closer ooo biko pls, @x3non, @hovatek moderators and co, i am counting on u guys
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
26-10-2018, 11:43 AM
Here is d link of my from_0 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lj-f4W4...p=drivesdk
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-10-2018, 01:42 PM
(26-10-2018, 11:22 AM)alumi4skop Yea I did create a empty scatter txt using wwr using create scatter file in the scatter tab with regard to my chipset type mt6763,though I have scatter file for my chipset with full partition details here in hovatek but I decided to use my home created in wwr (what if I don't have access to scatter file here b4,wont I do it), here are d details and of course I use emmc user in d spflashtool feedback options start address and length is 0*0 and 0*80000 respectively, see above

your readback is good, load it up in wwr
updated the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-22701.html for PGPT files such as yours, check the end section of the guide

dumping 32GB will take a really long time, so if you want to skip usedata [to reduce the dump size and time]
switch to 'scatter file' tab
copy and use the address under FINISH for system_b partition
This post was last modified: 26-10-2018, 02:13 PM by X3non.
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
26-10-2018, 03:09 PM

(26-10-2018, 01:42 PM)X3non
(26-10-2018, 11:22 AM)alumi4skop Yea I did create a empty scatter txt using wwr using create scatter file in the scatter tab with regard to my chipset type mt6763,though I have scatter file for my chipset with full partition details here in hovatek but I decided to use my home created in wwr (what if I don't have access to scatter file here b4,wont I do it), here are d details and of course I use emmc user in d spflashtool feedback options start address and length is 0*0 and 0*80000 respectively, see above

your readback is good, load it up in wwr
updated the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-22701.html for PGPT files such as yours, check the end section of the guide

dumping 32GB will take a really long time, so if you want to skip usedata [to reduce the dump size and time]
switch to 'scatter file' tab
copy and use the address under FINISH for system_b partition

Pls wait here, pls , d issue is dat, we perform a ram test so as to get physical length address so as to backup various partition in wwr, but i can't see any address here in regards to wwr video i downloaded here using wwr and notepad++ and spflash tool to make a full from dump, pls explain in simple English for me to understand so as to teach fellow room mates, to me i can't see dat address in the rom_0 stated above, i open it in wwr , i can't see anything there like d one in dat tutorial video biko, pls i can't ask boot.img everytime here na, abi na me dey buy bandwidth for u guys here, pls biko
Pages (2): 1 2 Next