Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Need Custom Recovery TWRP
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Need Custom Recovery TWRP

Need Custom Recovery TWRP

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-11-2018, 10:49 AM

(12-11-2018, 08:42 PM)isrgish ...
I'm wondering if its possible that it has something to do with SELinux booting as Enforcing.

Doubt it has anything to do with SE enforcing.
Try this
Flash your stock boot and recovery
Verify that you can boot into stock recovery and home screen
Format only seccfg partition using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21638.html [this should relock your bootloader and stop the error message of not trusted at boot]
Flash magisk patched boot using sp flash tool
Boot to home screen
Report and flash twrp from v1.0 three times then boot straight to recovery mode [repeat the same for twrp from v1.2 and Philz]

Let's know the outcome of this
isrgish
isrgish
isrgish
Techie Member
13-11-2018, 10:15 PM
I followed you directions until the following line and everything went well. Now I have a few questions to continue.

(13-11-2018, 10:49 AM)X3non Format only seccfg partition using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21638.html [this should relock your bootloader and stop the error message of not trusted at boot]

I'm not sure which partition is "seccfg"? Is that the preloader?

*** EDIT ***
I figured this out

(13-11-2018, 10:49 AM)X3non Flash magisk patched boot using sp flash tool

The size of the patched_boot.img is smaller then the stock boot.img is this a problem?

(13-11-2018, 10:49 AM)X3non Report and flash twrp from v1.0 three times then boot straight to recovery mode [repeat the same for twrp from v1.2 and Philz]

What do you mean by report and flash. What should I report? How should I flash if the bootloader is locked? should I flash with SP Flash Tool? The file is smaller than my stock recovery file is that a problem?

I appreciate all the help you are trying to give me here.

I would press Thank You but for some reason I'm unable to. When I press it opens the chat menu.
This post was last modified: 13-11-2018, 10:42 PM by isrgish.
Attached Files
.png
My Partitions.png
Size: 93.53 KB / Downloads: 1
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-11-2018, 11:14 AM
(13-11-2018, 10:15 PM)isrgish The size of the patched_boot.img is smaller then the stock boot.img is this a problem?

No, that's not a problem

(13-11-2018, 10:15 PM)isrgish What do you mean by report and flash. What should I report? How should I flash if the bootloader is locked? should I flash with SP Flash Tool? The file is smaller than my stock recovery file is that a problem?

re-port twrp and philz using the different versions one after the other (this is so you'll be able to tell which custom recovery.img you've tried)

You're to flash using SP flash tool, this doesn't require unlocking the bootloader (remember to flash each recovery.img 3 times then boot straight to recovery mode)

It's fine if the custom recovery port is smaller in size than the stock recovery. SPft dumps the entire partition ie including empty sector (don't worry about the smaller size)
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
(13-11-2018, 10:15 PM)isrgish The size of the patched_boot.img is smaller then the stock boot.img is this a problem?

No, that's not a problem

(13-11-2018, 10:15 PM)isrgish What do you mean by report and flash. What should I report? How should I flash if the bootloader is locked? should I flash with SP Flash Tool? The file is smaller than my stock recovery file is that a problem?

re-port twrp and philz using the different versions one after the other (this is so you'll be able to tell which custom recovery.img you've tried)

You're to flash using SP flash tool, this doesn't require unlocking the bootloader (remember to flash each recovery.img 3 times then boot straight to recovery mode)

It's fine if the custom recovery port is smaller in size than the stock recovery. SPft dumps the entire partition ie including empty sector (don't worry about the smaller size)
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor

No, that's not a problem

isrgish
isrgish
isrgish
Techie Member
14-11-2018, 01:37 PM
(13-11-2018, 10:49 AM)X3non Report and flash twrp from v1.0 three times then boot straight to recovery mode [repeat the same for twrp from v1.2 and Philz]

Let's know the outcome of this

TWRP version 1.3 and Philz weren't able to port my recovery at all.

TWRP 1.0 Results
After flashing 3 times, I tried booting directly to recovery with the hardware buttons. I got the Pipo logo for a long time but then it booted to the Home Screen (just like before).

TWRP 1.2 Results
Here basically the same as in version 1.0. Just a couple of differences.
1. I wasn't able at all to get to the boot menu, only after fully booting to Home Screen. (see below about my problem getting to boot menu)
2. When I then tried to boot to recovery, It started loop cycle of showing the Pipo logo for about 7 seconds then off for about 7 seconds.

I'm having a very hard time booting to the boot menu in order to be able to boot to recovery without booting to Home Screen first. Not always does the hardware button work the same. My basic procedure is to hold down Power and Vol+ button for about 8 seconds then release then press again vol+ and hold for about 5 seconds then continuous press release the vol+ button. This doesn't always work. I'm wondering if you can give me some pointers here.

By the way I'm just curious what does the 3 times flashing do?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-11-2018, 05:51 PM
(14-11-2018, 01:37 PM)isrgish TWRP version 1.3 and Philz weren't able to port my recovery at all.

TWRP 1.0 Results
After flashing 3 times, I tried booting directly to recovery with the hardware buttons. I got the Pipo logo for a long time but then it booted to the Home Screen (just like before).

TWRP 1.2 Results
Here basically the same as in version 1.0. Just a couple of differences.
1. I wasn't able at all to get to the boot menu, only after fully booting to Home Screen. (see below about my problem getting to boot menu)
2. When I then tried to boot to recovery, It started loop cycle of showing the Pipo logo for about 7 seconds then off for about 7 seconds.

I'm having a very hard time booting to the boot menu in order to be able to boot to recovery without booting to Home Screen first. Not always does the hardware button work the same. My basic procedure is to hold down Power and Vol+ button for about 8 seconds then release then press again vol+ and hold for about 5 seconds then continuous press release the vol+ button. This doesn't always work. I'm wondering if you can give me some pointers here.

By the way I'm just curious what does the 3 times flashing do?

On some devices, you need to flash the custom recovery multiple times to get it to replace stock recovery.
Before we consider porting a custom recovery based on your kernel version, we need to verify 2 things:
1. After flashing stock recovery.img, are you able to boot into stock recovery?
2. Which boot is the phone running on; stock boot.img or magisk patched boot.img
3. If your answer to 2 is magisk patched boot, confirm if your phone has root access

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
isrgish
isrgish
isrgish
Techie Member
14-11-2018, 06:01 PM
(14-11-2018, 05:51 PM)hovatek On some devices, you need to flash the custom recovery multiple times to get it to replace stock recovery.
Before we consider porting a custom recovery based on your kernel version, we need to verify 2 things:
2. Which boot is the phone running on; stock boot.img or magisk patched boot.img
3. If your answer to 2 is magisk patched boot, confirm if your phone has root access

1. Yes I'm able to boot to stock recovery.
2. I'm running on patched boot.img from Magisk.
3. I have root access.
This post was last modified: 14-11-2018, 06:02 PM by isrgish.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
15-11-2018, 10:22 AM
(14-11-2018, 06:01 PM)isrgish
(14-11-2018, 05:51 PM)hovatek On some devices, you need to flash the custom recovery multiple times to get it to replace stock recovery.
2.  Which boot is the phone running on; stock boot.img or magisk patched boot.img

1. Yes I'm able to boot to stock recovery.
2. I'm running on patched boot.img from Magisk.
3. I have root access.

have you tried flashing the custom recovery using an app? e.g. flashfire or flashify
isrgish
isrgish
isrgish
Techie Member
15-11-2018, 11:25 AM

(15-11-2018, 10:22 AM)innagee have you tried flashing the custom recovery using an app? e.g. flashfire or flashify

FlashFire Doesn't open on my device it crashes while looking for Pro

Flashify I'm experiencing the same results as when I flash with fastboot or SP Flash Tolls.

By the way the files are flashing they just aren't working
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next