Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Checksum.ini and Effuse_MT6763.xml Files Needed For Tecno Camon X CA7
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Checksum.ini and Effuse_MT6763.xml Files Needed For Tecno Camon X CA7

[Please help] Checksum.ini and Effuse_MT6763.xml Files Needed For Tecno Camon X CA7

Don4418
Don4418
Don4418
Techie Member
10-11-2018, 06:10 PM

Hi Hovatek,
Please, I need help to unbrick Tecno Camon X CA7. I have downloaded the two firmware files available here. But I am unable to flash them to the phone. The phone was not booting and even after a factory reset, it was still the same. 

I knew at that point that it would need to be flashed with a stock firmware; so I downloaded one from the link in the Tecno Stock Roms. When I tried to flash using SP Flash Tool, I was getting some errors (I have forgotten the error code) but it was one of those errors that could be fixed by formatting and then doing the download. I actually didn't watch carefully enough to be sure that I was formatting "whole flash except bootloader". The formatting completed before I noticed that I should have not formatted  the "whole flash". 

So now, I keep getting this error: "brom error s_brom_cmd_startcmd_fail (0xc0060005)". I have tried other mtk flashing platforms/tools but to no avail. Then I came across a "Tecno Flash Tool" and this requires "Checksum.ini file before it allows you to initiate the command to flash. 

I tried to generate the checksum file; but I have waited and waited and the process is unable to complete; it just keeps on processing the system file for 'eternity'. (Infact , on my other laptop I have not stopped the process since the last five days, but it still hasn't completed yet). Then on my main pc, I removed the system file from the firmware folder and launched the checksum generator again and it completed (though it did for just some selected files). 

Now the "Tecno Flash Tool" allowed me to launch the command for flashing. However, it gave me a different error and when I checked from the "Help section of the program, it says that I need a file called "Effuse_MTXXXX.xml (depending on the phone's exact processor, in my case, MT6763) to be part of the firmware. 

I can really see, that if I get these two files I'll be able to unbrick the phone via this "Tecno Flash Tool" but I am  also optimistic that you would be able to help me in any other way. Thanks and waiting for your professional advice.
This post was last modified: 10-11-2018, 06:13 PM by Don4418.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-11-2018, 08:49 PM
(10-11-2018, 06:10 PM)Don4418 Hi Hovatek,
Please, I need help to unbrick Tecno Camon X CA7. I have downloaded the two firmware files available here. But I am unable to flash them to the phone. The phone was not booting and even after a factory reset, it was still the same. 

those two files can only be found in OEM factory firmware, mostly firmware having -sign or -verified files
you also shouldn't have formatted your phone, we warned against doing so
right now, efuse file really won't do you much good cause it only specifies path for files such as DA and auth etc. even if you had efuse file, the tool will rebuff you cause it wont find auth file specified in the efuse file

disconnect / reconnect the battery of the phone [you'll need to loosen the phone to achieve this] then retry flashing using sp flash tool
lets know the outcome of this
Don4418
Don4418
Don4418
Techie Member
12-11-2018, 02:20 PM
Thanks for your timely response. But actually, I have opened the phone and tried the battery "connect - disconnect" thing countless number of times before my first post. I even made a short between 'Col0' and 'GND' on the board to force to DA download mode mode but the same error as stated earlier.

Maybe you can help me with another method of forcing it into DA download mode. Maybe this model uses something different than the 'Col0'.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-11-2018, 06:26 PM
(12-11-2018, 02:20 PM)Don4418 Thanks for your timely response. But actually, I have opened the phone and tried ...

What you really need to fix your phone is custom DA and auth file for CA7 (the latter isn't available)

Do you have access a working CA7 and miracle box + dongle?
Don4418
Don4418
Don4418
Techie Member
12-11-2018, 06:35 PM

(12-11-2018, 06:26 PM)X3non
(12-11-2018, 02:20 PM)Don4418 Thanks for your timely response. But actually, I have opened the phone and tried ...

What you really need to fix your phone is custom DA and auth file for CA7 (the latter isn't available)

Do you have access a working CA7 and miracle box + dongle?

Thanks again for your response. But I don't have a working phone or Official Miracle Box + dongle at the moment. I use cracked version 2.58 of the miracle box but I didn't think it would support this model ,so I never tried it.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-11-2018, 09:11 PM
(12-11-2018, 06:35 PM)Don4418 Thanks again for your response. But I don't have a working phone or Official Miracle Box + dongle at the moment. I use cracked version 2.58 of the miracle box but I didn't think it would support this model ,so I never tried it.

v2.58 wont work on mt6763 chipset, unless you can get auth for your phone model from tecno, you should consider taking the phone to carlcare and have them fix it for you