Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Custom ROM] TWRP custom recovery for Teno Spark 2
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Custom ROM] TWRP custom recovery for Teno Spark 2

[Custom ROM] TWRP custom recovery for Teno Spark 2

Techzbyte
Techzbyte
Techzbyte
Techie Member
12-11-2018, 05:55 PM

Tecno spark 2 users can now root their device easily with TWRP custom recovery. A lot of you guys have tried rooting with magisk and probably didn't work, well now you can root your device. 

[Image: TWRP-for-spark-2.png?fit=700%2C400&ssl=1]

To flash TWRP for KA7, you'll need to unlock the bootloader of your device. So, follow the step by step guide below very carefully. 

Unlock Bootloader

» First off, Download and install adb and fastboot tool on your PC.

» Once you’ve installed adb and fastboot, enable USB debugging on your device in developer option.

» Now, we need to unlock the bootloader of your device. Note unlocking your bootloader will clear all data on your device, so it’s advisable you backup before proceeding.

» If you’ve already backed up, connect your device to the PC and launch adb and fastboot tool.

» In the command line interface, enter the following command.

adb devices

» The fist command will establish a connection between your PC and phone, so, grant any permission prompt from your phone’s screen.

» Once a successful connection is established, enter the next command to reboot to the bootloader.

adb reboot bootloader

» In bootloader, enter the following command to unlock.

fastboot oem unlock

» Reboot your device after a successful unlock with the command below and wait for your device to boot.

fastboot reboot

Flash Recovery

» Now, download TWRP 3.2-0 for Spark 2 from the link below.

» Once the download is complete, extract the recovery image to a folder.

» In your desktop, right-click on adb and fastboot too and open file location. Make sure the folder contains adb and fastboot files.

» Copy the extracted recovery.img and paste it in adb and fastboot folder.

» Now, enter the following command in your command line interface to see if your device is still connected.

fastboot devices

» Once you’ve confirmed the connection, it’s time to flash the recovery. Simply enter the command below to flash recovery.

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

» Now reboot your device.

fastboot reboot

That’s it, now, you’ve successfully flashed TWRP 3.2-0 custom recovery for Tecno Spark 2 (KA7).

Download TWRP custom recovery for Spark 2 KA7-0

Source: Techzbyte
This post was last modified: 29-11-2019, 01:27 PM by hovatek.
yasin2019
yasin2019
yasin2019
Enthusiastic Member
27-07-2019, 10:13 PM
Coustom logo.bin for tecno spark2 plzz
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
29-07-2019, 10:38 AM
(27-07-2019, 10:13 PM)yasin2019 Coustom logo.bin for tecno spark2 plzz

make one yourself, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1324.html
Precixx
Precixx
Precixx
18-11-2019, 10:21 PM
after rebooting to fastboot, if I type "fastboot device" I received the message "waiting for device" on my PC that is my phone is not being detected, how can I solve that?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-11-2019, 11:14 AM

(18-11-2019, 10:21 PM)Precixx after rebooting to fastboot, if I type "fastboot device" I received the message "waiting for device" on my PC that is my phone is not being detected, how can I solve that?

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17105.html
Precixx
Precixx
Precixx
28-11-2019, 02:02 AM
I have flashed the twrp recovery on my Tecno spark 2 but when I boot into recovery I still see the default/stock recovery
Am I doing anything wrong?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-11-2019, 11:34 AM
(28-11-2019, 02:02 AM)Precixx I have flashed the twrp recovery on my Tecno spark 2 but when I boot into recovery I still see the default/stock recovery

might be due to flashing twrp from the wrong build
port twrp using stock recovery from your device using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html
Techzbyte
Techzbyte
Techzbyte
Techie Member
09-12-2019, 05:22 PM
(28-11-2019, 02:02 AM)Precixx I have flashed the twrp recovery on my Tecno spark 2 but when I boot into recovery I still see the default/stock recovery

This is probably because you let your device boot up first after flashing the recovery. Once you've successfully flashed the recovery, boot into twrp first before booting in system.