Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android HELP, NEED METHOD TO FLASH MODDED BOOT.IMG FOR TECNO SPARK 2
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

HELP, NEED METHOD TO FLASH MODDED BOOT.IMG FOR TECNO SPARK 2

HELP, NEED METHOD TO FLASH MODDED BOOT.IMG FOR TECNO SPARK 2

Hakim seif
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
16-11-2018, 07:59 AM

hello hovatekers, I got a new tecno spark 2 and I've been attempting to root it via the MAGISK method which I got from a certain thread in here. All goes fine about the installation of magisk manager in my phone and modding the stock boot.img for tecno spark 2. But in terms of flashing the modded image into tge phone via sp flash tool v.5 I get errors saying 'it's a secure baseband chip' when I hold volume up button and sometimes hardware errors concerning the cable if not using any button hold during download process. I'm starting to think that I have to go through unlocking the bootloader first (ending up losing my data) and then proceed to flashing boot.img again. Any smart suggestions?

Sent from my TECNO KA7O using Hovatek Mobile
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
16-11-2018, 10:20 AM
(16-11-2018, 07:59 AM)Hakim seif hello hovatekers, I got a new tecno spark 2 and I've been attempting to root it via the MAGISK method which I got from a certain thread in here. All goes fine about the installation of magisk manager in my phone and modding the stock boot.img for tecno spark 2. But in terms of flashing the modded image into tge phone via sp flash tool v.5 I get errors saying 'it's a secure baseband chip' when I hold volume up button and sometimes hardware errors concerning the cable if not using any button hold during download process. I'm starting to think that I have to go through unlocking the bootloader first (ending up losing my data) and then proceed to flashing boot.img again. Any smart suggestions?

The phone requires Download Agent (DA) to download on sp flash tool. Download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html, see how to use it @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23733.html
This post was last modified: 16-11-2018, 10:21 AM by xerxes.
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
17-11-2018, 08:25 AM
(16-11-2018, 10:20 AM)innagee
(16-11-2018, 07:59 AM)Hakim seif hello hovatekers, I got a new tecno spark 2 and I've been attempting to root it via the MAGISK method which I got from a certain thread in here. All goes fine about the installation of magisk manager in my phone and modding the stock boot.img for tecno spark 2. But in terms of flashing the modded image into tge phone via sp flash tool v.5 I get errors saying 'it's a secure baseband chip' when I hold volume up button and sometimes hardware errors concerning the cable if not using any button hold during download process. I'm starting to think that I have to go through unlocking the bootloader first (ending up losing my data) and then proceed to flashing boot.img again. Any smart suggestions?

The phone requires Download Agent (DA) to download on sp flash tool. Download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html, see how to use it @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23733.html

Thanks for the knowledge. I'll put it to good use

Hakim seif
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
17-11-2018, 08:03 PM
(17-11-2018, 08:25 AM)Hakim seif
(16-11-2018, 10:20 AM)innagee

Thanks for the knowledge. I'll put it to good use

I managed to get the DA file from the link for tecno KA70 and loaded it in sp flash tool. But during download process I still get an error saying ''[BROM] can not pass bootrom start command! Possibly target power up too early ''

So that's the hindrance from flashing the modded image

Hakim seif
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
17-11-2018, 08:26 PM

I also get an error that the DA file is of unsupported version (like it belongs to some other phone model) but I don't know a way around this as the file I downloaded is indeed a tecno KA70 DA file and I've renamed it as per the instructions from the video tutorial

EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
19-11-2018, 04:14 AM
On what program and what version are you carrying out these operations?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-11-2018, 11:02 AM
(17-11-2018, 08:03 PM)Hakim seif ...
So that's the hindrance from flashing the modded image

Answer @emmanus's question
Then when fishing,
After loading custom DA and scatter file
Click download button in SPft