Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] S Colo P9 Plus Bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] S Colo P9 Plus Bricked

[Please help] S Colo P9 Plus Bricked

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
raza05
raza05
raza05
29-11-2018, 07:06 AM

I tried to update the driver but windows reply cannot update hardware driver as " windows cannot get better driver than the currently working "
& yes its the same model s- color p9 plus working phone from where I got back up made by volcano ..I extracted the pre- loader using Www_MTK & sp flash from this working phone tried to down load it on the brick one & the result was again error code ( 4032 )  I am attaching a screen shot here
Attached Files
.jpg
Working pre loader fail.JPG
Size: 90.68 KB / Downloads: 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-11-2018, 05:09 PM
(29-11-2018, 07:06 AM)raza05 I tried to update the driver but windows reply cannot update hardware driver as " windows cannot get better driver than the currently working "

You must be trying to update over the internet. Do as instructed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html

(29-11-2018, 07:06 AM)raza05 ..I extracted the pre- loader using Www_MTK & sp flash from this working phone tried to down load it on the brick one & the result was again error code ( 4032 )  I am attaching a screen shot here

1. Did you do a full wwr+sp flash tool backup (all partitions + scatter file) of you're using the temp scatter file (used to dump preloader at the beginning)?
2. Hope you're not holding any button when connecting to PC

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
raza05
raza05
raza05
30-11-2018, 05:36 AM
No I am not updating from the internet It's from destination folder which contains driver files

1. not full back up just EMMC 1 & then extracted the loader I am using the temp scatter file & extracted pre-loader

2. not holding the button ..in fact I tried w/o battery first then I tried with battery + without holding button it took few second for sp flashtool to start DA mode & it connected giving the same error I am guessing that even if i made the full back up it wouldnt work as pre-loader isn't working
raza05
raza05
raza05
30-11-2018, 06:52 AM
should I keep my phone connected to PC /or charging as this link describes

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html

as my phone is also not displaying charging
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-11-2018, 10:24 AM

(30-11-2018, 05:36 AM)raza05 No I am not updating from the internet It's from destination folder which contains driver files

1. not full back up just EMMC 1 & then extracted the loader I am using the temp scatter file & extracted pre-loader

2. not holding the button ..in fact I tried w/o battery first then I tried with battery + without holding button it took few second for sp flashtool to start DA mode & it connected giving the same error I am guessing that even if i made the full back up it wouldnt work as pre-loader isn't working

You're using a test scatter file with only preloader partition and no values for the rest of the partitions (that's different from scatter file with all partitions included so unless you don't try then you won't know if that will work or not)

Make a full ROM dump (look for a stable power source if you must and you can skip userdata and cache partitions during backup to reduce backup time) then retry flashing using firmware upgrade option in SPft
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-11-2018, 10:28 AM
(30-11-2018, 06:52 AM)raza05 should I keep my phone connected to PC /or charging as this link describes

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html

as my phone is also not displaying charging

There was a point earlier in this thread where you were asked to disconnect / reconnect the battery of the phone

If you did like you were asked to and the phone still remains dead, then the phone isn't stuck in flash mode and continuous charging as indicated at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html will not be of any help
raza05
raza05
raza05
30-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Right Now I want to test the Rom back up ( extracted from Volcano ) if it could work it'll save me from lot of headache
I have tried several times Miracle +loader 2.27a but no detection should I try without battery because I haven't done that with miracle ..
Reading back from SPFT would be the last try as then I''ll be prepared to face the risk of any causality
Can I ask how I can skip the user data & cache in reading from temp scatter file ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-11-2018, 06:04 PM
(30-11-2018, 01:43 PM)raza05 Right Now I want to test the Rom back up ( extracted from Volcano ) if it could work it'll save me from lot of headache
I have tried several times Miracle +loader 2.27a but no detection should I try without battery because I haven't done that with miracle ..
Reading back from SPFT would be the last try as then I''ll be prepared to face the risk of any causality
Can I ask how I can skip the user data & cache in reading from temp scatter file ?

Here are your options
Either you get a different PC and try miracle box
Or you create a scatter file compatible with SPft by dumping firmware using wwr method, then use scatter file to flash the files from volcano

To skip userdata and cache,
Follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-22701.html from steps 1 - 10 and also do the procedure under "Loaded PGPT file seems empty, what do i do?"

At the last step, use the value of FINISH address for system as your full length address when performing a readback of emmc_user
raza05
raza05
raza05
01-12-2018, 08:55 AM
(30-11-2018, 06:04 PM)X3non
(30-11-2018, 01:43 PM)raza05 Right Now I want to test the Rom back up ( extracted from Volcano ) if it could work it'll save me from lot of headache
Can I ask  how I can skip the user data & cache in reading from temp scatter file ?

Here are your options
Either you get a different PC and try miracle box
Or you create a scatter file compatible with SPft by dumping firmware using wwr method, then use scatter file to flash the files from volcano

To skip userdata and cache,
Follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-22701.html from steps 1 - 10 and also do the procedure under "Loaded PGPT file seems empty, what do i do?"

At the last step, use the value of FINISH address for system as your full length address when performing a readback of emmc_user

I am trying to build my old laptop for windows seven hope it'll work in a couple of days mean while here are the result of screen shot from Wwr_MTK  it says " the selected ROm contains only preloader " you can check & suggest what to do next
Attached Files
.jpg
Wwr_MTK.JPG
Size: 155.91 KB / Downloads: 1
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-12-2018, 11:09 AM

(01-12-2018, 08:55 AM)raza05   I am trying to build my old laptop for windows seven hope it'll work in a couple of days mean while here are the result of screen shot from Wwr_MTK  it says " the selected ROm contains only preloader " you can check & suggest what to do next

Pause whatever you're doing, lets do a recap.
..so you flashed a firmware (got to 100%) then this caused the phone to get bricked.
Now, the backup from a working phone keeps giving error 4032.
I suspect the backup (working phone) might not be same as yours or something has gone horribly wrong with your phone.
Put aside the working phone and lets pend wwr for a moment.
Try reflashing the firmware that bricked the phone (the one you downloaded, not the backup) and lets know if flashing is successful or you get an error

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next