Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tool] Gionee GN5001s won't turn on after flashing with SP Flash tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tool] Gionee GN5001s won't turn on after flashing with SP Flash tool

[Tool] Gionee GN5001s won't turn on after flashing with SP Flash tool

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
shadeshadow
shadeshadow
shadeshadow
Enthusiastic Member
05-12-2018, 01:46 AM

Hi,

I've had this phone for a few months now. When I got it, I rooted the phone but after two upgrades, no rooting tool would work on it so I decided to flash the original stock ROM the phone came with. After weeks of searching google, I found it and flashed it using SP Flash tool. I received the Green Tick telling me flashing was successful. But then the phone won,t turn on, vibrate or even charge. I tried reflashing it using the same stock ROM but I get an "Enable_Dram_Fail error". So I starting another round of google searches.
Today I finally got an OTA update that someone confirms is working (I just wanted the phone to turn on) but now SP Flash tool wouldn't detect the phone. I'm currently stumped. I'm in school now and the lack of a working phone is affecting me.

Please, any help will be highly appreciated

The Phone is Gionee GN5001s running android 5.1
3GB RAM and 16 GB ROM with MTK 6735
I used SP Flash tool V 5.1824
Phone drivers and VCOM drivers are installed properly
i have tried removing and reinstalling VCOM drivers but that didn't help

Below is a screenshot of the SP Flashtool error
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-12-2018, 12:01 PM
(05-12-2018, 01:46 AM)shadeshadow Hi,

I've had this phone for a few months now. When I got it, I rooted the phone but after two upgrades, no rooting tool would work on it so I decided to flash the original stock ROM the phone came with. After weeks of searching google, I found it and flashed it using SP Flash tool. I received the Green Tick telling me flashing was successful. But then the phone won,t turn on, vibrate or even charge. I tried reflashing it using the same stock ROM but I get an "Enable_Dram_Fail error". So I starting another round of google searches.
Today I finally got an OTA update that someone confirms is working (I just wanted the phone to turn on) but now SP Flash tool wouldn't detect the phone. I'm currently stumped. I'm in school now and the lack of a working phone is affecting me.

Please, any help will be highly appreciated

The Phone is Gionee GN5001s running android 5.1
3GB RAM and 16 GB ROM with MTK 6735
I used SP Flash tool V 5.1824
Phone drivers and VCOM drivers are installed properly
i have tried removing and reinstalling VCOM drivers but that didn't help

Below is a screenshot of the SP Flashtool error

1. Have you tried taking out and re-inserting the battery?
2. You can't flash an OTA update.zip using SP flash tool. What are the contents of the OTA zip?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
shadeshadow
shadeshadow
shadeshadow
Enthusiastic Member
08-12-2018, 03:21 AM
I got two OTA zip files from different sites. One doesn't contain a scatter mediatek-blah-blah-blah-scatter file while the other does.
The battery is non-removable which means I can't remove it
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-12-2018, 11:13 AM
(08-12-2018, 03:21 AM)shadeshadow I got two OTA zip files from different sites. One doesn't contain a scatter mediatek-blah-blah-blah-scatter file while the other does.
The battery is non-removable which means I can't remove it

Attach screenshots of the contents of each zip

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
08-12-2018, 11:13 AM

Post screenshots of the contents of the two zip files.
shadeshadow
shadeshadow
shadeshadow
Enthusiastic Member
08-12-2018, 07:21 PM
These are the Screenshots
I can't seem to find a button to attach images so I'm pasting the google drive links

The first OTA with mediatek scatter file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D4X3g6...11i0JTdiRP

The 2nd OTA with scatter file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YMQwmp...QbmO5-GIWA

And this is the first one I flashed:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k_N7E6...BRqkmOfAOi

I just realised my mistake now. All the ROMS except the one without scatter file are for GN5001 not for GN5001S so I flashed the wrong one
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-12-2018, 09:59 PM
(08-12-2018, 07:21 PM)shadeshadow These are the Screenshots
I can't seem to find a button to attach images so I'm pasting the google drive links

the battery is in-built doesn't mean it cant be removed. you need to loosen the back cover then disconnect / reconnect the battery clip first

this will tell if your phone is just stuck in flash mode OR the preloader you flashed initially is really incompatible
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-12-2018, 11:47 AM
(08-12-2018, 07:21 PM)shadeshadow These are the Screenshots
I just realised my mistake now. All the ROMS except the one without scatter file are for GN5001 not for GN5001S so I flashed the wrong one

That means you'll need a Gionee GN5001s scatter rom or a working phone of the same model.
Have the battery taken out & re-inserted first

Note!
shadeshadow
shadeshadow
shadeshadow
Enthusiastic Member
16-12-2018, 12:47 AM
I found the answer to the problem. It seems all I needed to do is to remove and reinstall Mediatek VCOM drivers.
Good news is that my phone is now being recognized by my laptop if I depress "VOL -" button before plugging it in
Bad news is that the only Stock ROMS out there is hooged by Vietnamese bloggers who lock it up and then name outrageous prices for the unlock code. Others just advertise OTA updates as stock ROMS which is just plain mean.

Anyone with the stock ROM should please indicate, I'm willing to pay
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
16-12-2018, 08:24 PM

(16-12-2018, 12:47 AM)shadeshadow I found the answer to the problem. It seems all I needed to do is to remove and reinstall Mediatek VCOM drivers.
Good news is that my phone is now being recognized by my laptop if I depress "VOL -" button before plugging it in
Bad news is that the only Stock ROMS out there is hooged by Vietnamese bloggers who lock it up and then name outrageous prices for the unlock code. Others just advertise OTA updates as stock ROMS which is just plain mean.

Anyone with the stock ROM should please indicate, I'm willing to pay

Can you get access to a working phone of the same model?

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile
Pages (2): 1 2 Next