Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to Create Backup of Factory Signed Firmware on MEDIATEK Smartphones.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to Create Backup of Factory Signed Firmware on MEDIATEK Smartphones.

[Tutorial] How to Create Backup of Factory Signed Firmware on MEDIATEK Smartphones.

madcom5
madcom5
madcom5
Experienced Member
13-12-2018, 01:20 PM

Hello Guys, i got Tecno F1 hanging on logo, I had an access to A new one so i got an idea of Reading Firmware from that working phone and when i tried to flash to the fault one i got an error  "This phone will accept only factory signed firmware." 

Anyone has an idea of how to create a factory signed firmware when having a brand new phone if necessary?

Thanks.

Madcom.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
13-12-2018, 09:35 PM
(13-12-2018, 01:20 PM)madcom5 Hello Guys, i got Tecno F1 hanging on logo, I had an access to A new one so i got an idea of Reading Firmware from that working phone and when i tried to flash to the fault one i got an error  "This phone will accept only factory signed firmware." 

Anyone has an idea of how to create a factory signed firmware when having a brand new phone if necessary?

Thanks.

Madcom.

How did you backup the working phone firmware?

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile
raza05
raza05
raza05
14-12-2018, 08:20 AM
there may be some files copied during read back which are causing this ifyour phone is same as the model you read back  ? or you read before the phone got bricked? ....what tool you are using right now
This post was last modified: 14-12-2018, 08:33 AM by raza05.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-12-2018, 08:43 PM
(13-12-2018, 01:20 PM)madcom5 Hello Guys, i got Tecno F1 hanging on logo, I had an access to A new one so i got an idea of Reading Firmware from that working phone and when i tried to flash to the fault one i got an error  "This phone will accept only factory signed firmware." 

you cant readback signed image, any tool you use will give unsigned image
you can only hope to find the factory rom [which will contain signed image] online OR from OEM

to flash your current backup, you can try the fixes listed for the error you got in SP flash tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
if they don't work, then you can try booting your phone to recovery mode > select reboot to bootloader from the menu > unlock bootloader then flash the backup using fastboot
madcom5
madcom5
madcom5
Experienced Member
17-12-2018, 01:52 AM

(14-12-2018, 08:43 PM)X3non

you cant readback signed image, any tool you use will give unsigned image
you can only hope to find the factory rom [which will contain signed image] online OR from OEM

to flash your current backup, you can try the fixes listed for the error you got in SP flash tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
if they don't work, then you can try booting your phone to recovery mode > select reboot to bootloader from the menu > unlock bootloader then flash the backup using fastboot

I tried to Firmware Upgrade through SP FLASH Tool and it formatted the phone but then brought this error "This phone will accept only factory signed firmware."

So now the phone can't boot into recovery. I know the signed Images will work but i thought i could read it from a new phone. But if it is not possible then i will have to buy it since they are available online.

Best Regards.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-12-2018, 03:36 PM
(17-12-2018, 01:52 AM)madcom5 I tried to Firmware Upgrade through SP FLASH Tool and it formatted the phone but then brought this error "This phone will accept only factory signed firmware."

So now the phone can't boot into recovery. I know the signed Images will work but i thought i could read it from a new phone. But if it is not possible then i will have to buy it since they are available online.

Best Regards.

that's another option you can consider if you're comfortable and sure of the file
attach a screenshot of the error message you got. i.e "This phone will accept only factory signed firmware." 
did you try the fixes in the link in my previous reply?