Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] unrooted but cant OTA update

Hi guys

i have hisense u939 jb4.2.2 .I unrooted my fone but when i do the ota update it downloads the zip and tries to install but doesnt complete.Stops and gives error,i will try to add a screenshot of the process.

(04-16-2015, 11:34 AM)codyseth Wrote: Hi guys

i have hisense u939 jb4.2.2 .I unrooted my fone but when i do the ota update it downloads the zip and tries to install but doesnt complete.Stops and gives error,i will try to add a screenshot of the process.

standing by for the screenshot
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
How do you attach files to my reply
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2015, 06:57 PM by hovatek. )
(04-16-2015, 04:55 PM)codyseth Wrote: How do you attach files to my reply

click Reply > Choose file > Add attachment(just above the Post Reply button)
Thats the pics as promised, same results when rooted and unrooted

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_20150416_173312.jpg (Size: 195.6 KB / Downloads: 4)
.png   Screenshot_2015-04-16-12-42-48.png (Size: 64.37 KB / Downloads: 3)
(04-16-2015, 07:48 PM)codyseth Wrote: Thats the pics as promised, same results when rooted and unrooted

the update itself is very small, just 6.5mb . sounds more like a patch or a fault from somewhere. Its also possible that the phone hasnt been completely unrooted. have you tried the update process on another phone of the same model? 
Yes i think its just a maintenance update.Is there an an app for total unrooting?I unrooted using supersu and did a factory reset.Still same result .
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2015, 02:36 PM by hovatek. )
(04-17-2015, 12:43 PM)codyseth Wrote: Yes i think its just a maintenance update.Is there an an app for total unrooting?I unrooted using supersu and did a factory reset.Still same result .

factory reset doesnt affect root.
1. how did you root it to start with?
2. have you searched to know if someone else with the same model is having issues with the update or was able to flash it successfully?

hovatekcodysethYes i think its just a maintenance update.Is there an an app for total unrooting?I unrooted using supersu and did a factory reset.Still same result .factory reset doesnt affect root. 1. how did you root it to start with?2. have you searched to know if someone else with the same model is having issues with the update or was able to flash it successfully?this is what i used

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot_2015-04-18-03-30-56.png (Size: 72.85 KB / Downloads: 1)
(04-18-2015, 02:58 AM)codyseth Wrote: hovatekcodysethYes i think its just a maintenance update.Is there an an app for total unrooting?I unrooted using supersu and did a factory reset.Still same result .factory reset doesnt affect root. 1. how did you root it to start with?2. have you searched to know if someone else with the same model is having issues with the update or was able to flash it successfully?this is what i used

you should be able to disable root from the root app. if you're still having problems installling the update then you should google it to know if others with your phone model are having the same issue. might be a general thing