Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My Gionee A1 is stuck on android logo
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My Gionee A1 is stuck on android logo

[Please help] My Gionee A1 is stuck on android logo

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
mez
mez
mez
24-12-2018, 11:03 PM

Dear admin,

My Gionee A1 is stuck on android logo. here's what happened.

It all started when I launched my Facebook app one day. Mu phone then started "hanging", followed by an error message that says 'Google play services has stopped', along with other error messages. I tried different hacks without success, which made me decide to factory reset my phone.

I did a backup from recovery, then factory reset my phone.

This is where the problem started. Following the reset, the phone would start, get to the setup page, and begin to display a host of error messages before I even select language.

I repeated the factory reset and then had this strange language displaying an eror message. I copied the mesage and used Google to translate. It roughly read "Encryption unsuccessful" bla bla bla.

Try all I may, it didn't work. I then flashed the ROM with stock ROM obtained from the mediafire site. I tried them one after the other and the closest I got to starting was when I flashed a custom recovery and wiped cache.

It booted up to the setup page but gave me only American English option. I backed it up with TWRP and tried a different ROM and have not been able to get past boot image.

I've used different versions of the SP flash tool and each gave different results with the flashing. Some display a white screen after android logo, some hang at the logo, others go beyond the logo, but hang at Gionee logo.

I don't know what else to do.

I have the mediatek drivers installed, i've followed every step i've seen in blogs, to no avail.

I tried to restore the original backup, but it tells me it's out of date.
I tried to restore the TWTP backup but it also shows an error message.

What do I do to revive my phone?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
25-12-2018, 10:11 AM
(24-12-2018, 11:03 PM)mez Dear admin,

My Gionee A1 is stuck on android logo. here's what happened.

It all started when I launched my Facebook app one day. Mu phone then started "hanging", followed by an error message that says 'Google play services has stopped', along with other error messages. I tried different hacks without success, which made me decide to factory reset my phone.

I did a backup from recovery, then factory reset my phone.

This is where the problem started. Following the reset, the phone would start, get to the setup page, and begin to display a host of error messages before I even select language.

I repeated the factory reset and then had this strange language displaying an eror message. I copied the mesage and used Google to translate. It roughly read "Encryption unsuccessful" bla bla bla.

Try all I may, it didn't work. I then flashed the ROM with stock ROM obtained from the mediafire site. I tried them one after the other and the closest I got to starting was when I flashed a custom recovery and wiped cache.

It booted up to the setup page but gave me only American English option. I backed it up with TWRP and tried a different ROM and have not been able to get past boot image.

I've used different versions of the SP flash tool and each gave different results with the flashing. Some display a white screen after android logo, some hang at the logo, others go beyond the logo, but hang at Gionee logo.

I don't know what else to do.

I have the mediatek drivers installed, i've followed every step i've seen in blogs, to no avail.

I tried to restore the original backup, but it tells me it's out of date.
I tried to restore the TWTP backup but it also shows an error message.

What do I do to revive my phone?

Do you know the phone's original build no or SW Version?
Do you still have the initial twrp backup of the phone firmware?
Also, have you tried wiping the phone via stock recovery after flashing every firmware that boots up the phone?
This post was last modified: 25-12-2018, 10:22 AM by xerxes.
mez
mez
mez
25-12-2018, 03:24 PM
I do not know the original build or SW version, but it was in the  Indonesia language. The backup I had was made using the native recovery and had refused to work.  The TWRP backup I made also didn't work.

But... I finally got it up and running.  I flashed Gionee_A1_0301_T5971_MT6755 using a 2016 version of SP flash tool and flashed TWRP recovery.  Then I performed factory reset before installing magisk manager. I then rebooted to system.  Now it's up and I've reinstalled my apps.

The problems now are these:
Finger print sensor not working
Multitask and back buttons not working
IMEI not showing. I don't have access to the original box. How can I get a new IMEI number?

I'll point out others as I find them.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
25-12-2018, 09:38 PM
(25-12-2018, 03:24 PM)mez I do not know the original build or SW version, but it was in the  Indonesia language. The backup I had was made using the native recovery and had refused to work.  The TWRP backup I made also didn't work.

But... I finally got it up and running.  I flashed Gionee_A1_0301_T5971_MT6755 using a 2016 version of SP flash tool and flashed TWRP recovery.  Then I performed factory reset before installing magisk manager. I then rebooted to system.  Now it's up and I've reinstalled my apps.

IMEI not showing. I don't have access to the original box. How can I get a new IMEI number?

Has these problems you mentioned started after flashing the phone?
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html for how to fix IMEI [you'll find the IMEI written on a sticker at the back of the phone]
This post was last modified: 25-12-2018, 09:39 PM by xerxes.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
26-12-2018, 07:01 AM

Unroot the phone, or just flash that ROM again, and fix the IMEI using the guide Innagee gave, then, check for OTA update for your phone.
It may fix those problems.
mez
mez
mez
26-12-2018, 08:26 AM
@innagee, the problems started after I flashed the  ROM.

@EMMANUS, I'll try to uproot the phone. I'm not sure I want to go through the flashing  process  again. It took me a month of daily flashing to get it to this stage.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-12-2018, 12:03 PM
(25-12-2018, 03:24 PM)mez I do not know the original build or SW version, but it was in the  Indonesia language. The backup I had was made using the native recovery and had refused to work.  The TWRP backup I made also didn't work.

Its possible that the rom you've flashed isn't a perfect match (i.e different from your original build).
Try fixing IMEI first.
You can then flash only boot.mg & LK.bin from the other roms (instead of full rom)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mez
mez
mez
26-12-2018, 12:42 PM
(26-12-2018, 12:03 PM)hovatek

Its possible that the rom you've flashed isn't a perfect match (i.e different from your original build).
Try fixing IMEI first.
You can then flash only boot.mg & LK.bin from the other roms (instead of full rom)
Thanks admin. 

I've fixed the IMEI using the  ADB method you described elsewhere. 

What can I do next? 

My current build is V5971 and I'm wondering if i can upgrade to the  2018 version  of  V7207?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
26-12-2018, 05:44 PM
(26-12-2018, 12:42 PM)mez
(26-12-2018, 12:03 PM)hovatek

Try fixing IMEI first.
Thanks admin. 

I've fixed the IMEI using the  ADB method you described elsewhere. 

What can I do next? 

My current build is V5971 and I'm wondering if i can upgrade to the  2018 version  of  V7207?

@emmanus answered this question above, you only need to unroot then * goto settings > abou phone > system update
This post was last modified: 26-12-2018, 05:46 PM by xerxes.
mez
mez
mez
26-12-2018, 11:53 PM

I rooted using Magisk. How do I unroot?

Besides, I'm unable to use the phone. Virtually all the apps are stopping one after another. Including the system update
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next