Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Ported TWRP can't backup to Internal storage or OTG
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Ported TWRP can't backup to Internal storage or OTG

Ported TWRP can't backup to Internal storage or OTG

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-01-2019, 02:41 PM

(31-12-2018, 09:38 PM)androtrix If you look at Team Win Github you'll see at least 29 issues of OTG reported not working and it seems it started around TWRP version 2.8.6.
I don't think it fails on all phones after that version but it seems that's about when it started for a lot of phones.

provide a link to your stock recovery.
Also state chipset & Android version
This post was last modified: 02-01-2019, 02:42 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
androtrix
androtrix
androtrix
03-01-2019, 04:54 AM
I unpacked the ported TWRP version I made with the Hovatek porter by using Image Kitchen.   It took a lot of digging through hundreds of files but I eventually was able to get it to work by adding different code to 3 different files to give OTG support to this TWRP version and repacked it with Image Kitchen.   I now have a working TWRP for the Unihertz Atom.   Yay !!   If you have an Atom and want details for this and the download I made available just search Unihertz Atom on the XDA forum.   Credit given to Team Hovatek for the porting tool.  Cheers
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-01-2019, 04:31 PM
(03-01-2019, 04:54 AM)androtrix I unpacked the ported TWRP version I made with the Hovatek porter by using Image Kitchen.   It took a lot of digging through hundreds of files but I eventually was able to get it to work by adding different code to 3 different files to give OTG support to this TWRP version and repacked it with Image Kitchen.   I now have a working TWRP for the Unihertz Atom.   Yay !!   If you have an Atom and want details for this and the download I made available just search Unihertz Atom on the XDA forum.   Credit given to Team Hovatek for the porting tool.  Cheers

Could you state the exact changes you made

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
androtrix
androtrix
androtrix
04-01-2019, 07:56 PM
I wish I could say but it was late at night and had been flashing a dozen or more attempts with modifications and unfortunately did not save the text file I had on the modified lines.   I can tell you how I did it though.   Using Image Kitchen to unpack both the stock recovery and Hovatek ported TWRP recovery I looked through any file that I thought might have a reference to "OTG".  I found 2 initially in the stock recovery and added those lines to similar or same files in the ported TWRP.  It still did not work so I found a third file and copied the line with OTG in it over to the ported TWRP and then repacked it with Image Kitchen.   This one worked and it was so late I went off to get some much needed sleep without saving the details of the mods.  I think one line ( this line "ro.agui.otg_usbdisk=yes" ) with "OTG" I moved over was found in the prop.default of the original recovery and put into the file "default.prop" which is a different file name than the original but I assumed the same purpose and was referenced in the original by a small file with that name.   I don't recall the other two files (see below)  but I believe one was in the root of the 'Ramdisk' folder in the unpacked image and the other possibly in the sbin folder.   With some searching you will be able to find them if you use Image Kitchen and a simple text editor with search.   A different line in each file was put into the TWRP unpacked files that were the same name or similar files names.    Sorry I can't recall more details but at my age a lot of people can't even remember their own names  Wink
This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 08:42 PM by androtrix.
androtrix
androtrix
androtrix
04-01-2019, 08:32 PM

Found the other two I think -- this line 

Code:

/dev/mt_otg_test(/.*)? u:object_r:mt_otg_test_device:s0

ftpm the original recovery image in the file "nonplat_file_contexts" I believe I copied into the file "file_contexts" in the TWRP image.   That smiley is not supposed to be in that line but the code apparently triggers the smiley function here.   I think the third file I modified was found in the unpacked folder /ramdisk/etc in the file 'recovery.fstab'  and I took this line 

Code:

/devices/platform/mt_usb* auto vfat defaults voldmanaged=usbotg:auto

from it to add to the same file in the ported TWRP.   That was it I think - just those 3 files had those lines added to them with Image kitchen.
This post was last modified: 05-01-2019, 02:32 PM by hovatek.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2