Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Custom ROM] Help in unpacking
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Custom ROM] Help in unpacking

[Custom ROM] Help in unpacking

Prithdk
Prithdk
Prithdk
Enthusiastic Member
31-12-2018, 07:07 PM

Hi, I am trying to port HiOs. But the system.img files are signed. When I try to unsign them using FbWin tolls, they give me something like "Non-negative number required.

Parameter name: count"

Can someone please unsign the system image for me and upload the same. The link is here. I need this one coz this one has same kernel and volte like mine. The link of the rom is given below. Please help.

Link.ROM LINK
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-01-2019, 12:13 PM
(31-12-2018, 07:07 PM)Prithdk Hi, I am trying to port HiOs. But the system.img files are signed. When I try to unsign them using FbWin tolls, they give me something like "Non-negative number required.

Can someone please unsign the system image for me and upload the same. The link is here. I need this one coz this one has same kernel and volte like mine. The link of the rom is given below. Please help.

Link.ROM LINK

for extracting the un-signed system.img you got, you might need to use a different tool. you can try the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15855.html
or mtk extractor tool at https://androiddatahost.com/b7vvg
Prithdk
Prithdk
Prithdk
Enthusiastic Member
02-01-2019, 06:58 AM
Thing is I tried with other extractors also...superr kitchen , mtk extractor ,auto unpack repack..all of them fail to extract the output image of FBwintools..I am not sure if "Non-negative number required.

is the message that will show if it has successfully converted the signed image
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-01-2019, 10:27 AM
(02-01-2019, 06:58 AM)Prithdk Thing is I tried with other extractors also...superr kitchen , mtk extractor ,auto unpack repack..all of them fail to extract the output image of FBwintools..I am not sure if  "Non-negative number required.

is the message that will show if it has successfully converted the signed image

check the file system of the system.img using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-25484.html
lets know the outcome
This post was last modified: 02-01-2019, 10:29 AM by X3non.
Prithdk
Prithdk
Prithdk
Enthusiastic Member
02-01-2019, 02:10 PM

its a signed image so i guess that's why cygwin is returning "$ file system-sign.img
system-sign.img: data"
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-01-2019, 07:00 PM
(02-01-2019, 02:10 PM)Prithdk its a signed image so i guess that's why cygwin is returning "$ file system-sign.img
system-sign.img: data"

oh no, you're supposed to check the unsigned system.img you got after using fbwintool