Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Qualcomm (QLM) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] Qualcomm (QLM) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

[Development] Qualcomm (QLM) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

Pages (15): Previous 13 4 5 6 715 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-06-2019, 12:58 PM

(11-06-2019, 09:19 PM)tek3195 First and foremost, Thank You Team Hovatek for great work on an extremely tough concept. Android recoveries are nowhere close to a one-size-fits-all type of deal. Really impressive work. Almost worked well. Huawei Mediapad T3 8.  Android 7.0 using version 1.1 of the recovery porter caused a build.prop from an LG phone running Android 6.0 to be placed into my recovery. Needless to say that didn't turn out very well. Checked the scripts and patches in tool and that LG build prop is what is in there. I'm not sure but it seems to me that it should be removed a.s.a.p. Whether it was not edited properly due to my particular device or whatever reason the entire thing wound up in my recovery may be, I can't find any logical reason to have a Marshmallow anything in a tool that only specs support for Nougat and Oreo. Other than that it was off a little bit in the recovery.fstab but it was fairly easy to edit. So now my question is How do I fix file name associations? What I mean is in the File Manager everything is correct but under the Install Directory they appear to be some kind of code that makes no sense. Sorry I said files but it is actually the folders. Once I blindly click one of them the folders and files beyond it are readable. Also settings do not survive a reboot and are back to default every time when entering recovery. So, folder names and settings, any thoughts on those two issues ?

is your device able to boot the ported recovery?
what do you mean by "they appear to be some kind of code that makes no sense"? explain properly and attach screenshots
for settings, are you able to mount /data partition or internal storage?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-06-2019, 06:33 PM
(11-06-2019, 09:19 PM)tek3195 First and foremost, Thank You Team Hovatek for great work on an extremely tough concept. Android recoveries are nowhere close to a one-size-fits-all type of deal. Really impressive work. Almost worked well. Huawei Mediapad T3 8.  Android 7.0 using version 1.1 of the recovery porter caused a build.prop from an LG phone running Android 6.0 to be placed into my recovery. Needless to say that didn't turn out very well. Checked the scripts and patches in tool and that LG build prop is what is in there. I'm not sure but it seems to me that it should be removed a.s.a.p. Whether it was not edited properly due to my particular device or whatever reason the entire thing wound up in my recovery may be, I can't find any logical reason to have a Marshmallow anything in a tool that only specs support for Nougat and Oreo. Other than that it was off a little bit in the recovery.fstab but it was fairly easy to edit. So now my question is How do I fix file name associations? What I mean is in the File Manager everything is correct but under the Install Directory they appear to be some kind of code that makes no sense. Sorry I said files but it is actually the folders. Once I blindly click one of them the folders and files beyond it are readable. Also settings do not survive a reboot and are back to default every time when entering recovery. So, folder names and settings, any thoughts on those two issues ?

The Qualcomm tool is still very much under Dev and expected to be buggy / off a lot of the time. We've been able to stabilize the Mediatek and Spreadtrum porters, Qualcomm is the next hill.
Could you provide a link to your stock recovery and boot.img so we do some digging. It would help us fine tune the tool and look into the bugs you've pointed out

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Reepzvan
Reepzvan
Reepzvan
Enthusiastic Member
09-09-2019, 04:43 AM
@Hovatek Team. Guys can you remake the 1.2 version of this that allows the lollipop version to be ported also, & by the way i use this thing last night but no success on my Lenovo a2020a40
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-09-2019, 01:27 PM
(09-09-2019, 04:43 AM)Reepzvan @Hovatek Team. Guys can you remake the 1.2 version of this that allows the lollipop version to be ported also, & by the way i use this thing last night but no success on my Lenovo a2020a40

already replied to your thread @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-299...#pid177661
nawazawan
nawazawan
nawazawan
09-09-2019, 01:54 PM

i hope so if team hovatek can dot, they even dont know how to deal with build properties.
they are using old ANDROID IMAGE KITCHEN inside.
may be their team should also search the net.
Good Luck Hovatek
Reepzvan
Reepzvan
Reepzvan
Enthusiastic Member
09-09-2019, 02:17 PM
(09-09-2019, 01:54 PM)nawazawan i hope so if team hovatek can dot, they even dont know how to deal with build properties.
Good Luck Hovatek
They can pull this off i know just take some time Smile GO GUYS!  GO HOVATEK TEAM!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-09-2019, 09:39 AM
(09-09-2019, 01:54 PM)nawazawan i hope so if team hovatek can dot, they even dont know how to deal with build properties.
Good Luck Hovatek

we are very aware of whats inside, don't assume we don't know as i highly doubt you've contributed anything to the cause
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Good Luck Hovatek

Anybody can criticize. What helps is contributing.
If you think the tool can be better then send us your suggestions and see if we don't implement them (if they'll indeed make the tool better).
Thanks for the feedback anyway
This post was last modified: 23-09-2019, 09:56 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
RELOADED
RELOADED
RELOADED
20-09-2019, 04:37 AM
General Mobile GM 8 sprout single sim Specifications

GM8-SINGLE [september 2019 patch] magisk_patched.img+boot.img [P.GM8.1908.A-s]

hello havotec team. gm8_sprout  to my single sim device that runs on top of stock and custom ROMs we need stable twrp port our previous studies did not work on stock ROM. device 'is a series of android one' and treble is supported uses ab partition. at least 'boot.img' file 'dm verity' We need to patch all please help sorry bad english
This post was last modified: 20-09-2019, 11:26 AM by X3non.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-09-2019, 11:26 AM

(20-09-2019, 04:37 AM)RELOADED ...

check page 1 and try v1.3 of the porting tool
Pages (15): Previous 13 4 5 6 715 Next