Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Help unbrick RCA Moven Pro Tablet
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Help unbrick RCA Moven Pro Tablet

Help unbrick RCA Moven Pro Tablet

mrlone1997
mrlone1997
mrlone1997
Techie Member
03-01-2019, 12:06 PM

Hi guys, i have a tablet which is soft bricked it normally stucks at 'Maven Pro' screen and here is the details and condition of the tab.

RCA Maven Pro
Running android 7.0
Still have access to recovery mode

Here is what i have tried,
in recovery mode i factory reset... didn't solve
in recovery wipe cache alone.. didn't solve
in recovery factory and cache wipe... didn't solve
there is a small reset button at back of the tablet tried that one too... didn't solve

Then i downloaded a full firmware of the tablet and tried to flash it but when i connect it to the pc, it show 'Unrecognized USB device' like when you connect a device with a faulty cable.
So i changed several usb cables actually 4 and tried it on different pc's running windows 7 and 8 but still the same unrecognized error.

So guys i need help to solve the problem.
Something came to my mine, is there a way to convert the scatter and bin files to a zip file and fllash it via recovery mode with sd card or something like that to avoid the usb errors.
Thanks in advance...
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
03-01-2019, 03:05 PM
What is the chipset of your device?
Have you installed the drivers for your device?
mrlone1997
mrlone1997
mrlone1997
Techie Member
03-01-2019, 03:40 PM
mtk MT8127
mrlone1997
mrlone1997
mrlone1997
Techie Member
03-01-2019, 05:29 PM
Sure i have all drivers installed what i don't understand is that at least adb/fastboot should respond as every phone would.

Just now i figured it out that the manufacturer intentionally disable usb option even when you enable usb debugging in developers option, so that the device can't communicate when inserted to pc.

And i also learnt that there is a special cable for usb connection but only the manufacturer sells but someone claimed he was able to bypass that with a cable trick which he won't show how he did it on a certain forum.

But i know this device is definitely doable without the manufacturer special cable.
Am just waiting hoping someone here will figure it how and show me.
juvette
juvette
juvette
03-01-2019, 06:42 PM

(03-01-2019, 05:29 PM)mrlone1997 Sure i have all drivers installed what i don't understand is that at least adb/fastboot should respond as every phone would.

Just now i figured it out that the manufacturer intentionally disable usb option even when you enable usb debugging in developers option, so that the device can't communicate when inserted to pc.

And i also learnt that there is a special cable for usb connection but only the manufacturer sells but someone claimed he was able to bypass that with a cable trick which he won't show how he did it on a certain forum.

But i know this device is definitely doable without the manufacturer special cable.

You can't flash that scatter file as zip in stock recovery. Had you had a custom recovery then it would have been possible to create a flashable zip
I'm thinking the trick would involve joining some points on the motherboard

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
mrlone1997
mrlone1997
mrlone1997
Techie Member
03-01-2019, 07:23 PM
(03-01-2019, 06:42 PM)juvette
(03-01-2019, 05:29 PM)mrlone1997 Sure i have all drivers installed what i don't understand is that at least adb/fastboot should respond as every phone would.

You can't flash that scatter file as zip in stock recovery. Had you had a custom recovery then it would have been possible to create a flashable zip
I'm thinking the trick would involve joining some points on the motherboard

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile

Hey, thank you for showing internet in helping. Do you think it will be possible and how because i dont have much experience in that's.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
04-01-2019, 10:21 AM
(03-01-2019, 07:23 PM)mrlone1997 Hey, thank you for showing internet in helping. Do you think it will be possible and how because i dont have much experience in that's.

joining the motherboard will be similar to the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11802.html 
you can check if you can find the two points on your phone

is there an option to get into fastboot mode while in recovery mode on your phone?