Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Problem with TWRP port
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Problem with TWRP port

[Please help] Problem with TWRP port

hiao3d
hiao3d
hiao3d
11-01-2019, 05:56 PM

Hello everyone, I need help. I'm having problems with TWRP that I ported to J8, and I'm sure the error is in recovery.fstab and in twrp.fstab. Could you help me find what's wrong? The errors that appear are can not mount cache permission denied, can not mount date and several other errors. 
I previously tried to port TWRP to J8, it even opened, but it was simply unusable, the errors I mentioned above appeared and I could not use any option. So I tried to port again, this time following the tip of a friend from XDA, it leaves twrp.fstab and recovery.fstab identical, but there is something wrong and I do not know what it is. I had a hard brick after I tried installing this latest ported recovery.

Print from recovery.fstab and twrp.fstab:
https://imgur.com/a/FF5kZvP

My goal is to port TWRP to all J8 models (my model is SM-J810M), but for that I need to port to my mobile first.

The twrp image I used to port to the J8 was that of the Asus Nexus 7 2012, as taught in the guide. The guide I read to port TWRP to J8 was this:
[GUIDE]Porting TWRP without source

I would appreciate any help.
hiao3d
hiao3d
hiao3d
11-01-2019, 05:57 PM
I have a bit of a doubt now, maybe I am wrong to say that the problem is in recovery.fstab or twrp.fstab, so I believe the usable method does not work for Qualcomm devices or something, I do not know. Anyway, I want to keep trying.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-01-2019, 09:25 AM
(11-01-2019, 05:56 PM)hiao3d Hello everyone, I need help. I'm having problems with TWRP that I ported to J8, and I'm sure the error is in recovery.fstab and in twrp.fstab. Could you
the recovery.fstab you posted, is that from stock recovery or twrp?
hiao3d
hiao3d
hiao3d
12-01-2019, 11:59 PM
(12-01-2019, 09:25 AM)X3non
(11-01-2019, 05:56 PM)hiao3d Hello everyone, I need help. I'm having problems with TWRP that I ported to J8, and I'm sure the error is in recovery.fstab and in twrp.fstab. Could you
the recovery.fstab you posted, is that from stock recovery or twrp?

It's the stock recovery, which I got by backing up the partition using an application.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-01-2019, 09:50 AM

(12-01-2019, 11:59 PM)hiao3d It's the stock recovery, which I got by backing up the partition using an application.

try formatting userdata and cache using twrp. you might want to copy out your files as formatting will wipe the phone