Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android I need Alcatel 3V 5099Y Firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

I need Alcatel 3V 5099Y Firmware

I need Alcatel 3V 5099Y Firmware

BootlegScarce
BootlegScarce
BootlegScarce
17-01-2019, 06:09 PM

I have a bricked alcatel 3v 5099y (single sim) which only boots to recovery and has an error that says failed to mount cache\recovery\last_locale.
Please could someone provide me this firmware as I looked on so many websites and I couldn't find any.
By the way I can't boot to fastboot as I have to go through recovery in order to do it so please provide firmware that can be flashed with SP Tools.
Thanks.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-01-2019, 10:39 AM
(17-01-2019, 06:09 PM)BootlegScarce I have a bricked alcatel 3v 5099y (single sim) which only boots to recovery and has an error that says failed to mount cache\recovery\last_locale.
Please could someone provide me this firmware as I looked on so many websites and I couldn't find any.
By the way I can't boot to fastboot as I have to go through recovery in order to do it so please provide firmware that can be flashed with SP Tools.
Thanks.

it will be listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13300.html once it's available
how did the phone get bricked?
have you tried factory resetting in recovery mode?
can you get access to a working 5099Y phone?
BootlegScarce
BootlegScarce
BootlegScarce
18-01-2019, 05:10 PM
(18-01-2019, 10:39 AM)X3non
(17-01-2019, 06:09 PM)BootlegScarce I have a bricked alcatel 3v 5099y (single sim) which only boots to recovery and has an error that says failed to mount cache\recovery\last_locale.
Thanks.

it will be listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13300.html once it's available
how did the phone get bricked?
have you tried factory resetting in recovery mode?
can you get access to a working 5099Y phone?
The phone was project treble compatible so i decided to flash a Generic system image then it worked but it only had 1GB storage so i used the fastboot -w command to erase the data partition. Also I cannot get into recovery as it will boot loop to the same error message and I also cant really access another of the same model but I could ask XDA as there are 3 posts for the device. Thanks anyway.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-01-2019, 10:31 PM
(18-01-2019, 05:10 PM)BootlegScarce The phone was project treble compatible so i decided to flash a Generic system image then it worked but it only had 1GB storage so i used the fastboot -w command to erase the data partition. Also I cannot get into recovery as it will boot loop to the same error message and I also cant really access another of the same model but I could ask XDA as there are 3 posts for the device. Thanks anyway.

Try dump your phone's rom using wwr @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
Let me know how it goes

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
BootlegScarce
BootlegScarce
BootlegScarce
20-01-2019, 10:52 AM

(18-01-2019, 10:31 PM)hovatek
(18-01-2019, 05:10 PM)BootlegScarce The phone was project treble compatible so i decided to flash a Generic system image then it worked but it only had 1GB storage so i used the fastboot -w command to erase the data partition. Also I cannot get into recovery as it will boot loop to the same error message and I also cant really access another of the same model but I could ask XDA as there are 3 posts for the device. Thanks anyway.

Try dump your phone's rom using wwr @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
Let me know how it goes

Should I dump the rom from my bricked phone or from a working phone.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-01-2019, 12:04 PM
(20-01-2019, 10:52 AM)BootlegScarce Should I dump the rom from my bricked phone or from a working phone.

from your phone
also try getting another person from xda having the same phone model to backup his / hers too
johnlane
johnlane
johnlane
31-01-2019, 04:28 AM
Ive got an alcatel 3v 5099a and would like to root it and I am just trying to learn how to make a backup(dump) of my stock firmware so I could then either patch my boot image with magisk or flash a generic system image and know that I'll have a backup of my partitions incase it bricks the phone... I wonder if the 5099y and the 5099a are much different as far as the rom goes? when I manage to backup my rom I could post it....
johnlane
johnlane
johnlane
31-01-2019, 04:38 AM
but yes if anyone has alcatel 3v 5099a firmware Id appreciate a link...... I wonder if emailing alcatel would likely yield any results??
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-01-2019, 10:29 AM
(31-01-2019, 04:28 AM)johnlane Ive got an alcatel 3v 5099a and would like to root it and I am just trying to learn how to make a backup(dump) of my stock firmware so I could then either patch my boot image with magisk or flash a generic system image and know that I'll have a backup of my partitions incase it bricks the phone... I wonder if the 5099y and the 5099a are much different as far as the rom goes? when I manage to backup my rom I could post it....

dump firmware from your phone using wwr @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html (maybe you can help the OP with a firmware backup to fix his if you're successful)
if you have any problems with dumping, then create a new thread so we'll focus on it
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

(31-01-2019, 04:38 AM)johnlane but yes if anyone has alcatel 3v 5099a firmware Id appreciate a link...... I wonder if emailing alcatel would likely yield any results??

probably not but one can never tell, it's always worth a shot