Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] EXTERNAL SD CARD CAPACITY REDUCED
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] EXTERNAL SD CARD CAPACITY REDUCED

[Please help] EXTERNAL SD CARD CAPACITY REDUCED

Halarby
Halarby
Halarby
18-04-2015, 03:15 AM

first of all, let me thank you for the very wonderful job you guys at hovatec are doing, more grease to your elbows... pls I read a post on this forum about partitioning internal storage bcos I flashed a ROM on my Infinix zero 16gb and my phone storage became 5MB , so I tried repartitioning it from CWM recovery and I chose ext size or so 4096MB, then swap size 0MB but when I rebooted my phone my phone storage was still 5MB but instead my external 8GB SD card became 4GB, and I can't seem to return it back to its 8GB capacity... is this the end? or can it still be reversed or restored?
danteikhalea
danteikhalea
danteikhalea
18-04-2015, 04:02 AM
Well, when it comes to partitioning SD card, its the external SD card that can be partioned with CWM, u can get back ur 8GB capacity using a laptop and MiniTool Partition Wizard, as for ur internal 16GB the battle is still on, I currently have 7GB available and 11GB for applications in my infinix zero, the problem is that the MTK backup we used to unbrick our infinix zero belongs to another variant of infinix zero 16GB which was partioned in that manner, I have been working on it for a while now, there are two files inside the MTK backup EBR 1 n EBR 2 they are responsible for the internal memory partition, so if we can get an infinix that has 16GB unpartitioned like ours before it got bricked then we can do a MTK back up and extract this files and flash tru sp tool, that's the solution I know.
This post was last modified: 18-04-2015, 04:08 AM by danteikhalea. Edit Reason: wrong spelling
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-04-2015, 09:39 AM
(18-04-2015, 04:02 AM)danteikhalea Well, when it comes to partitioning SD card, its the external SD card that can be partioned  with CWM, u can get back ur 8GB capacity using a laptop and MiniTool Partition Wizard, as for ur internal 16GB the battle is still on, I currently have 7GB available and 11GB for applications in my infinix zero, the problem is that the MTK backup we used to unbrick our infinix zero belongs to another variant of infinix zero 16GB which was partioned in that manner, I have been working on it for a while now, there are two files inside the MTK backup EBR 1 n EBR 2 they are responsible for the internal memory partition, so if we can get an infinix that has 16GB unpartitioned like ours before it got bricked then we can do a MTK back up and extract this files and flash tru sp tool, that's the solution I know.

excellent reply. just to add, you can edit the EBR files (thereby increasing internal storage size) using this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-718.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
danteikhalea
danteikhalea
danteikhalea
18-04-2015, 10:25 AM
But that procedure doesn't give more than 7GB, that's what i used on my phone.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-04-2015, 10:30 AM

(18-04-2015, 10:25 AM)danteikhalea But that procedure doesn't give more than 7GB, that's what i used on my phone.

true, it has a limit

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Halarby
Halarby
Halarby
18-04-2015, 03:39 PM
I have read abt creating a ROM backup using mtkdroidtools and from what I read the phone has to be rooted, so dat means there's no way to extract the ROM out of an unrooted phone cuz I have a friend with Infinix zero 16gb but doesn't wanna root it but I need the pure stock ROM that would give me my 13gb as phone storage.. Any hope?

Sent from my Infinix X506 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-04-2015, 04:25 PM
(18-04-2015, 03:39 PM)Halarby I have read abt creating a ROM backup using mtkdroidtools and from what I read the phone has to be rooted, so dat means there's no way to extract the ROM out of an unrooted phone cuz I have a friend with Infinix zero 16gb but doesn't wanna root it but I need the pure stock ROM that would give me my 13gb as phone storage.. Any hope?

Sent from my Infinix X506 using Hovatek mobile

you could do a readback of the phone using sp flash tool and the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html ; it doesnt require rooting.
see the video if you dont understand fully

Note!