Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Need to remove encryption from android device
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Need to remove encryption from android device

[Please help] Need to remove encryption from android device

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
vRaj
vRaj
vRaj
Techie Member
08-02-2019, 06:53 PM

(08-02-2019, 11:50 AM)X3non
(08-02-2019, 08:25 AM)vRaj
Yes still encrypted and oem unlocked in developer option

Sent from my Snap_4G2 using Hovatek Mobile

zip and upload your stock recovery and twrp recovery (the one where you modified fstab)
then post the download link here

I have already tried to edit twrp.fstab (recovery.fstab didn't work) and it's work perfectly on marshmallows version and lollipop version but it's not working with nougat version

Stock rom official from Ota update
(Lollipop version - kernel 3.10.65
Marshmallows version - kernel 3.18.19
Nougat version - kernel 3.18.35)

vRaj
vRaj
vRaj
Techie Member
08-02-2019, 06:57 PM
Today I have found something strange. When I'm trying to unlock bootloader and trying to reboot into fastboot mode.... I'm not Able to go in fastboot mode and when I tried to do this I noticed that after reboot in fastboot mood it goes power off and start charging.

[NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]I think in my nougat version [/B][NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]fastboot[/B][NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B] mode is [/B][NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]missing[/B][NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]. [/B]

xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-02-2019, 08:39 PM
(08-02-2019, 06:57 PM)vRaj Today I have found something strange. When I'm trying to unlock bootloader and trying to reboot into fastboot mode.... I'm not Able to go in fastboot mode and when I tried to do this I noticed that after reboot in fastboot mood it goes power off and start charging.

[NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]I think in my nougat version [/B][NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]fastboot[/B][NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B] mode is [/B][NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]missing[/B][NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]. [/B]

have you tried adb reboot to booloader command while usb debugging is enabled?
vRaj
vRaj
vRaj
Techie Member
09-02-2019, 09:49 AM
(08-02-2019, 08:39 PM)babaJ5
(08-02-2019, 06:57 PM)vRaj
Today I have found something strange. When I'm trying to unlock bootloader and trying to reboot into fastboot mode.... I'm not Able to go in fastboot mode and when I tried to do this I noticed that after reboot in fastboot mood it goes power off and start charging.

🅱I think in my nougat version [/B]🅱fastboot[/B]🅱 mode is [/B]🅱missing[/B]🅱. [/B]

have you tried adb reboot to booloader command while usb debugging is enabled?

Yes I have tried but it didn't boot into bootloader it just shut down my Tablet.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-02-2019, 10:15 AM

(08-02-2019, 06:53 PM)vRaj I have already tried to edit twrp.fstab (recovery.fstab didn't work) and it's work perfectly on marshmallows version and lollipop version but it's not working with nougat version

be sure to use the values from the fstab of the nougat recovery.img

(09-02-2019, 09:49 AM)vRaj Yes I have tried but it didn't boot into bootloader it just shut down my Tablet.

very possible for bootloader to have been removed or disabled during the update.
which files are within the OTA update.zip? - attach a screenshot if possible
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-02-2019, 07:28 PM
(06-02-2019, 11:20 AM)vRaj .....
But I have a nougat rom backup which extracted by miracle box but I'm not able to use it's scatter file in splash tool.

I have already tried wwr tool and sp so flash tool to backup and then format data partition but when I tried it said BB chip error.

I think u should give me a perfect advice for creating scatter file which work perfectly in sp flash tool or if alternate method is available for formating data partition then u can also suggest me.

Thanks.

To get the miracle box scatter working in sp flash tool, try https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-24287.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-02-2019, 07:31 PM
(08-02-2019, 06:53 PM)vRaj I have already tried to edit twrp.fstab (recovery.fstab didn't work) and it's work perfectly on marshmallows version and lollipop version but it's not working with nougat version

The encrypted storage is a known issue in TWRP.
Try this.
Flash back your stock boot.img then download the latest version of magisk flashable zip
Ensure the zip is copied to sd card
Boot into TWRP then Format data
Select reboot into recovery when done (not to system)
You should now have access to internal storage
Flash the magisk zip and reboot
In magisk manager, ensure Preserve force encryption is unticked
This post was last modified: 11-02-2019, 07:43 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
vRaj
vRaj
vRaj
Techie Member
14-02-2019, 02:14 AM
Done using miracle box and nck box

I have flashed miracle box backup by replacing cache.bin and data.bin from miracle box backup to nck box backup and flash it via miracle box. Then it works perfectly and data is encrypted without patching boot.img.
But I have 3 more problems
1 - mv: can't rename '/system/bin/app_process32' :device or resource busy Error 1 occurred. (when installing exposed framework)
2 - fastboot mode is missing
3 - need help in editing fstab mount point

Thanks.

vRaj
vRaj
vRaj
Techie Member
14-02-2019, 02:28 AM
After removing encryption I have patch boot image using miracle box. And now my Tablet is rooted but. Other three listed problem is happening after doing root. Help to fix these problem.

Thanks.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-02-2019, 10:37 AM

(14-02-2019, 02:14 AM)vRaj Done using miracle box and nck box

I have flashed miracle box backup by replacing cache.bin and data.bin from miracle box backup to nck box backup and flash it via miracle box. Then it works perfectly and data is encrypted without patching boot.img.
But I have 3 more problems
1 - mv: can't rename '/system/bin/app_process32' :device or resource busy Error 1 occurred. (when installing exposed framework)
2 - fastboot mode is missing
3 - need help in editing fstab mount point

Thanks.

1 - you can use magisk module in place of xposed
2 - your phone's OEM must have either disabled or removed fastboot mode entirely from the nougat build. if you still need the feature, downgrade back to MM or lollipop
3 - create a new thread so we'll focus on this, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3