Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Recovery + root Mt6750
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Recovery + root Mt6750

Recovery + root Mt6750

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
Mellowbug
Mellowbug
Mellowbug
22-02-2019, 05:10 PM

Hello everybody, im having some issues with flashing a twrp recovery onto my blackview s8. Ive setup adb (although not necessary?) and the phone is reachable through adb. Ive also installed the vcom preloader driver. I can flash the stock recovery over spft but with the twrp img. i get brom error. 0XC0060003. I downloaded the rom from the phones manufacturer site. Although in they're "how to" they talk about loading the mt6735 scatter file from the rom download. However there is no mt6735 scatter file in the rom, a Mt6750 scatter file there is. And the twrp recovery (the site stated it was only for the blackview s8) is accompanied with a Mt6780 scatter file.
Second problem is that Miracle box loader version 2.58 can reach my phone but when trying to do a read (save as scatter file checked) the box where i want to save it doesn't pop up?

At this point im completely clueless to what to do. Can someone please help me out here and push me in the correct direction.

If something isn't clear just ask me.

Greetings mellowbug.

Sent from my S8 using Hovatek Mobile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-02-2019, 10:17 AM
(22-02-2019, 05:10 PM)Mellowbug Hello everybody, im having some issues with flashing a twrp recovery onto my blackview s8. Ive setup adb (although not necessary?) and the phone is reachable through adb. Ive also installed the vcom preloader driver. I can flash the stock recovery over spft but with the twrp img. i get  brom error. 0XC0060003. I downloaded the rom from the phones manufacturer site. Although in they're "how to" they talk about loading the mt6735 scatter file from the rom download. However there is no mt6735 scatter file in the rom, a Mt6750 scatter file there is. And the twrp recovery (the site stated it was only for the blackview s8) is accompanied with a Mt6780 scatter file.
Second problem is that Miracle box loader version 2.58 can reach my phone but when trying to do a read (save as scatter file checked) the box where i want to save it doesn't pop up?

At this point im completely clueless to what to do. Can someone please help me out here and push me in the correct direction.

If something isn't clear just ask me.

Greetings mellowbug.

have you tried flashing twrp using fastboot?
Code:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Mellowbug
Mellowbug
Mellowbug
23-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Fastboot doesn't work at the moment. Ive read in a Google search that they don't have a working fastboot? "adb reboot bootloader" restarts the phone and then it just starts charging. Also "fastboot devices" gives an empty list.
So what can i?
1. Put phone in download mode (android laying on its back)
2. Enter recovery. 2. option reboot to bootloader also only restarts phone to charging when plugged in. When not plugged in it appears to just shutdown. (also working mount system option, not sure if any use for me) ((While in download mode pres power + vol. up.))
3. Some weird Chinese thing. (couple of options, who knows what) ((power+vol. down))
4. Flash stock recovery but not twrp.

Any ideas? Maybe with adb sideload? (adb works) Or Mount system and flash twrp from within recovery? But then it has to be a flashable zip which it isn't, its a img.

BTW. im as good as a newbie so everything i say could be bull....
This post was last modified: 23-02-2019, 06:28 PM by Mellowbug.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-02-2019, 09:16 AM
(23-02-2019, 06:14 PM)Mellowbug Fastboot doesn't work at the moment. Ive read in a Google search that they don't have a working fastboot? "adb reboot bootloader" restarts the phone and then it just starts charging. Also "fastboot devices" gives an empty list.
So what can i?
1. Put phone in download mode (android laying on its back)
2. Enter recovery. 2. option reboot to bootloader also only restarts phone to charging when plugged in. When not plugged in it appears to just shutdown. (also working mount system option, not sure if any use for me) ((While in download mode pres power + vol. up.))
3. Some weird Chinese thing. (couple of options, who knows what) ((power+vol. down))
4. Flash stock recovery but not twrp.

Any ideas? Maybe with adb sideload? (adb works) Or Mount system and flash twrp from within recovery? But then it has to be a flashable zip which it isn't, its a img.

BTW. im as good as a newbie so everything i say could be bull....

so that leaves fastboot out of the equation
for miracle box backup, try v2.82 and also ensure to tick the save as scatter file option

for flashing twrp, flash using the 'Write Memory' tab in SP flash tool. To activate write memory tab, press 'Ctrl + Alt + V' to enabled advanced mode then click Window > Write Memory
Mellowbug
Mellowbug
Mellowbug
25-02-2019, 04:09 PM

So that's miracle thunder 2.82 wright?
I also tryed to do a backup with wwr_mtk and sp flash tool. (i know a bit late). Create scatter with wwr_mtk and read back in sp flash tool return with error invalid scatter file format (0xC0030004) after read back finished.
Cant i just use the stock scatter for it? Its in the stock rom which i downloaded from manufacturer site. Why create one if already present?

Obviously im missing some knowledge here..

This post was last modified: 25-02-2019, 04:16 PM by Mellowbug.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-02-2019, 09:40 PM
(25-02-2019, 04:09 PM)Mellowbug So that's miracle thunder 2.82 wright?
I also tryed to do a backup with wwr_mtk and sp flash tool. (i know a bit late). Create scatter with wwr_mtk and read back in sp flash tool return with error invalid scatter file format (0xC0030004) after read back finished.
Cant i just use the stock scatter for it? Its in the stock rom which i downloaded from manufacturer site. Why create one if already present?

Follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13054.html
What does it say your phone's chipset is? MT6735, MT6780 or MT6750?
You could also try readinfo using Miracle Thunder
This post was last modified: 25-02-2019, 09:41 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Mellowbug
Mellowbug
Mellowbug
25-02-2019, 10:42 PM
According to Droid info its an mt6750t.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-02-2019, 09:10 AM
(25-02-2019, 04:09 PM)Mellowbug So that's miracle thunder 2.82 wright?

if the firmware you downloaded matches the build number of your phone, then you can use the files from the firmware
if you're not sure of the build number in the firmware, use the system.img method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html to verify the build

for the invalid scatter file, ensure to create an MT6750 scatter file not MT6750T then retry using latest SP flash tool version
Mellowbug
Mellowbug
Mellowbug
26-02-2019, 07:18 PM
I did create a empty mt6750 scatter file with Wwr_mtk v2.30 (there is no 6750t) to get the preloader start adress and length. Which is invalid according to sp flash tool when trying to do a readback. And miracle thunder 2.82 thinks its a 6755. The build numbers match. Made some screen shots of it. The first attachment is with the stock scatter from downloaded rom, which returns with the message verified boot is enabled. please download signed image (recovery-verified.img) or disable verified boot. Which indicates (i think) that i can flash but verified boot is preventing this. Correct? Or twrp must be signed and accepted.
Any thoughts?

This post was last modified: 26-02-2019, 08:42 PM by Mellowbug.
Attached Files
.png
Capture.PNG
Size: 154.66 KB / Downloads: 14
.png
Capture2.PNG
Size: 503.42 KB / Downloads: 10
.png
Capture1.PNG
Size: 626.38 KB / Downloads: 10
.png
Capture3.PNG
Size: 62.43 KB / Downloads: 11
Mellowbug
Mellowbug
Mellowbug
26-02-2019, 07:36 PM

I've made some progress trying to get a backup with a different approach. Now it started to download the rom but at 40% (bleu bar) i get this error: status_abort (0xC0010002). Even Google comes up with nothing useful on this one. Take a look at the attached picture 1. (i can't delete that other one for who knows what reason)
This post was last modified: 27-02-2019, 04:04 AM by Mellowbug.
Attached Files
.png
Capture4.PNG
Size: 205.92 KB / Downloads: 13
.png
1.PNG
Size: 434.36 KB / Downloads: 13
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next