Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Sp Multi Port Flash Tool Proper Procedure and errors not listed
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Sp Multi Port Flash Tool Proper Procedure and errors not listed

Sp Multi Port Flash Tool Proper Procedure and errors not listed

rbk
rbk
rbk
Enthusiastic Member
22-02-2019, 11:01 PM

I'm a big fan of your site. Working with Mediatek Android devices your site is invaluable and your techs have been amazingly helpful! That being said I have some things you might want to modify concerning the SP Multi Flash Tool that I've come across trying to get it to work for our purposes. That purpose being to flash our ROM complete with software, permissions, and root to multiple devices at one time. 

I have only the following drivers installed:  
Windows 10 MTK VCOM USB Preloader Drivers  
Preloader mediatek drivers auto installer

I used this site: **link removed** which I found more thorough than the instructions on your site. 

I attempted first with your tutorial however I ran into errors not listed here or here.

That error was:

Code:

"Warning: Maybe error as follows:
(1)COM ports number reoetitive or invalid
(2)Brom and preloader have the same comport number!
Please modify them in INI file or scan again."

I managed to fix that error by installing the universal driver found here that I listed the link for above. 

This took me the better part of two days to figure this out so I hope this thread will help anyone in a similar situation.

EDIT: I did find an issue after the weekend where the same error I listed above. I reinstalled the drivers and that seems to have fixed the issue. It's worth noting that I either need to keep the PC I plan to use on full time or to reinstall the drivers after each restart.
This post was last modified: 26-02-2019, 10:22 AM by X3non. Edit Reason: spam link removed
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-02-2019, 06:45 PM
(22-02-2019, 11:01 PM)rbk I'm a big fan of your site. Working with Mediatek Android devices your site is invaluable and your techs have been amazingly helpful! That being said I have some things you might want to modify concerning the SP Multi Flash Tool that I've come across trying to get it to work for our purposes. That purpose being to flash our ROM complete with software, permissions, and root to multiple devices at one time. 

I have only the following drivers installed:  
Windows 10 MTK VCOM USB Preloader Drivers  
Preloader mediatek drivers auto installer

I used this site:
Guide On How To Use SP MultiPort Download Tool which I found more thorough than the instructions on your site. 

I attempted first with your tutorial however I ran into errors not listed here or here.

That error was:

Code:

"Warning: Maybe error as follows:
(1)COM ports number reoetitive or invalid
(2)Brom and preloader have the same comport number!
Please modify them in INI file or scan again."

I managed to fix that error by installing the universal driver found here that I listed the link for above. 

This took me the better part of two days to figure this out so I hope this thread will help anyone in a similar situation.

EDIT: I did find an issue after the weekend where the same error I listed above. I reinstalled the drivers and that seems to have fixed the issue. It's worth noting that I either need to keep the PC I plan to use on full time or to reinstall the drivers after each restart.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.