Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Sp flash tool-STATUS:DA_HASH_MISMATCH 0xC0070004
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Sp flash tool-STATUS:DA_HASH_MISMATCH 0xC0070004

[Please help] Sp flash tool-STATUS:DA_HASH_MISMATCH 0xC0070004

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Key-c-ndR
Key-c-ndR
Key-c-ndR
Enthusiastic Member
24-02-2019, 08:25 PM

Hello to all,

firstly i hope i am opening this thread correctly because i am a junior member here at XDA.

Secondly,i recently bought an CUBOT P20(mt6750t) which so far has been a great device according to me. After installing so many apps i decided to re-flash it,and after doing so there was no sim signal. In the quest of fixing this problem i formatted my device following a thread here at XDA about restoring my device's imei which is in the purchase's original box. At the moment that i formatted my device using "AUTO FORMAT FLASH-FORMAT WHOLE FLASH" in SP FLASH TOOL,i was running AOSP Android 9.0(GSI image) which i flashed using ADB(these actions didn't fix the signal issue related to nvram.bin too),this is where i decided to restore the imei directly.

-The grave mistake : so after no success with trying to fix the sim signal by flashing AOSP Android 9.0 i decided to follow this guide in XDA : Link to tutorial. After following the extreme method, this annoying error started to appear when trying to re-flash in order to perform the 2nd step in the extreme guide: Error : STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH(0xC0070004).

-My phone is still responsive,it is not totally dead.

-I've tried almost everything,i even formatted my laptop because after so many attempts i lost track of my actions.
After re-installing windows 8.1 i retried to flash my phone again,but i encountered the same errors as above(before trying to re-flash my cubot,i installed the drivers,re downloaded the firmware from the official site,etc).

-I've also tried to follow this guide : Link to tutorial , but also with no luck,because the sp flsh tool version that is supposed to fix this error throws another error stating that the scatter file is invalid,or not legal.

This is not my device,it is my brother's...I would be really grateful if anybody helps me fix this. 

Thanks in advance to all.
This post was last modified: 24-02-2019, 08:30 PM by Key-c-ndR. Edit Reason: i forgot to mention something
sherman1759
sherman1759
sherman1759
24-02-2019, 11:30 PM
when next you try to plug the phone to begin flashing eh, try holding volume up or down or both buttons at the same time right before you plug ur phone to pc..... i had such similar case but its all about invalid partition.... moreover use normal flashing sp srttings as in these forum to be sure of what yu doing
Key-c-ndR
Key-c-ndR
Key-c-ndR
Enthusiastic Member
25-02-2019, 02:09 AM
(24-02-2019, 11:30 PM)sherman1759 when next you try to plug the phone to begin flashing eh, try holding volume up or down or both buttons at the same time right before you plug ur phone to pc..... i had such similar case but its all about invalid partition.... moreover use normal flashing sp srttings as in these forum to be sure of what yu doing
i tried what u said with no success at all,i don't know what to try anymore.

As per other people's words which have tested and succeeded with this method i am describing,i've tried to generate a checksum for my scatter file,and SPFT throws this error : ROM[preloader] checksum mismatch : checksum_config[0x0], checksum_val[0x54e8].

I modified preloader's value inside the checksum.ini with the checksum_val above,and then SPFT throwed another nearly similar error as above but with changed values : ROM[preloader] checksum mismatch : checksum_config[0x0], checksum_val[0xb530].
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-02-2019, 11:36 AM
(25-02-2019, 02:09 AM)lili i tried what u said with no success at all,i don't know what to try anymore.

As per other people's words which have tested and succeeded with this method i am describing,i've tried to generate a checksum for my scatter file,and SPFT throws this error : ROM[preloader] checksum mismatch : checksum_config[0x0], checksum_val[0x54e8].

I modified preloader's value inside the checksum.ini with the checksum_val above,and then SPFT throwed another nearly similar error as above but with changed values : ROM[preloader] checksum mismatch : checksum_config[0x0], checksum_val[0xb530].

in your initial post, you mentioned you've already flashed stock firmware. if so then i'm not sure why you're still trying to flash
for the signal issue which it seems thats what you're trying to fix, confirm first if the baseband of the phone is UNKNOWN
settings > about phone > baseband

and does the firmware you have contain DB files (AP & BP/MDD) ?
Key-c-ndR
Key-c-ndR
Key-c-ndR
Enthusiastic Member
25-02-2019, 01:49 PM

(25-02-2019, 11:36 AM)X3non
(25-02-2019, 02:09 AM)lili i tried what u said with no success at all,i don't know what to try anymore.

in your initial post, you mentioned you've already flashed stock firmware. if so then i'm not sure why you're still trying to flash
for the signal issue which it seems thats what you're trying to fix, confirm first if the baseband of the phone is UNKNOWN
settings > about phone > baseband

and does the firmware you have contain DB files (AP & BP/MDD) ?

You misunderstood me,in my initial post i described the steps that led me to this error which i cannot get past it : STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH(0xC0070004)
This post was last modified: 25-02-2019, 01:51 PM by Key-c-ndR.
Attached Files
.png
Untitled.png
Size: 435.88 KB / Downloads: 27
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-02-2019, 04:02 PM
(25-02-2019, 01:49 PM)lili You misunderstood me,in my initial post i described the steps that led me to this error which i cannot get past it : STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH(0xC0070004)

you mentioned that your device is how did you put it again? "My phone is still responsive,it is not totally dead"
so i took it that you need to fix imei, which shouldn't require flashing unless you have unknown baseband
if its the SP flashtool error message you're looking to fix and not imei then see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
the error is as a result of formatting the phone, if the DA file or SPflashtool version you used to successfully flash the phone the first time doesn't work any more (i.e keeps throwing this DA hash error) then you'll most likely require an auth file
This post was last modified: 25-02-2019, 04:08 PM by X3non.
Key-c-ndR
Key-c-ndR
Key-c-ndR
Enthusiastic Member
25-02-2019, 07:10 PM
(25-02-2019, 04:02 PM)X3non
(25-02-2019, 01:49 PM)lili You misunderstood me,in my initial post i described the steps that led me to this error which i cannot get past it : STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH(0xC0070004)

you mentioned that your device is how did you put it again? "My phone is still responsive,it is not totally dead"
so i took it that you need to fix imei, which shouldn't require flashing unless you have unknown baseband
if its the SP flashtool error message you're looking to fix and not imei then see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
the error is as a result of formatting the phone, if the DA file or SPflashtool version you used to successfully flash the phone the first time doesn't work any more (i.e keeps throwing this DA hash error) then you'll most likely require an auth file

when i mentioned my phones condition like this : "My phone is still responsive,it is not totally dead", i meant that my laptop still recognizes it when i connect it via usb cable.
Fixing the imei was my initial problem which escalated to this error after formating the whole flash : STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH(0xC0070004).
According to checksum problems,they're fixed now,so the problem that remains is getting past this error : STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH(0xC0070004)
Thanks for trying to help me bro,i think you'll understand my situation now that i explained it to you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-02-2019, 09:19 PM
(25-02-2019, 07:10 PM)lili when i mentioned my phones condition like this : "My phone is still responsive,it is not totally dead", i meant that my laptop still recognizes it when i connect it via usb cable.
Fixing the imei was my initial problem which escalated to this error after formating the whole flash : STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH(0xC0070004).
According to checksum problems,they're fixed now,so the problem that remains is getting past this error : STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH(0xC0070004)
Thanks for trying to help me bro,i think you'll understand my situation now that i explained it to you.

I was a bit confused with the chronological order in your first post. Now, you're saying after you formatted, you began getting STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH(0xC0070004) .
This could mean that your device had secure boot and now requires an auth file but before we dig deeper into that:
1. Have you tried taking out and re-inserting the battery?
2. Was format successful or got interrupted by an error?
3. Hope you're not holding any button when connecting to PC
This post was last modified: 25-02-2019, 09:20 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Key-c-ndR
Key-c-ndR
Key-c-ndR
Enthusiastic Member
25-02-2019, 10:05 PM
(25-02-2019, 09:19 PM)hovatek
(25-02-2019, 07:10 PM)lili when i mentioned my phones condition like this : "My phone is still responsive,it is not totally dead", i meant that my laptop still recognizes it when i connect it via usb cable.

I was a bit confused with the chronological order in your first post. Now, you're saying after you formatted, you began getting STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH(0xC0070004) .
This could mean that your device had secure boot and now requires an auth file but before we dig deeper into that:
1. Have you tried taking out and re-inserting the battery?
2. Was format successful or got interrupted by an error?
3. Hope you're not holding any button when connecting to PC
Yeap,that's what i am saying.

I agree with you about the auth file because before having these problems i was running twrp recovery and my device's internal memory was requesting a password in order to access it,and to clear some things out,i never used security in settings.

1. It is not removable.
2. Yes,totally successful.
3. I have tried it with and without buttons,without any results.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-02-2019, 12:43 PM

(25-02-2019, 10:05 PM)lili Yeap,that's what i am saying.
I agree with you about the auth file because before having these problems i was running twrp recovery and my device's internal memory was requesting a password in order to access it,and to clear some things out,i never used security in settings.

1. It is not removable.
2. Yes,totally successful.
3. I have tried it with and without buttons,without any results.

secure boot is different from internal storage encryption
also auth file is pretty difficult to find. most OEM don't release this

you can check within the two firmwares listed on cubot website @ https://www.cubot.net/support/firmware/p20/  if you'll find any DA & Auth file 
if there's none then you'll need to take your device to cubot service center for fixing unless you can manage to find an Auth file that'll work for your device
Pages (2): 1 2 Next