Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use Ultimate Multi Tool (UMT) QcFire to flash Qualcomm firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use Ultimate Multi Tool (UMT) QcFire to flash Qualcomm firmware

[Tutorial] How to use Ultimate Multi Tool (UMT) QcFire to flash Qualcomm firmware

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-02-2019, 01:00 PM

Requirements

Steps to flash Qualcomm firmware using UMT QcFire

Follow the steps below to use Ultimate Multi Tool QcFire to flash firmware to Qualcomm Android devices

See the video below or @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnrZ5f7miZU

1. Launch UMT QcFire

[Image: How-to-use-Ultimate-Multi-Tool-UMT-QcFir...ware-1.jpg]

2. You could flash with Single or Multi Program Mode but I'll go with Single in this example

[Image: How-to-use-Ultimate-Multi-Tool-UMT-QcFir...ware-2.jpg]

3. Tick Program

[Image: How-to-use-Ultimate-Multi-Tool-UMT-QcFir...ware-3.jpg]

4. Click the Browse icon in front of Program

[Image: How-to-use-Ultimate-Multi-Tool-UMT-QcFir...ware-4.jpg]

5. Navigate to the location of the firmware, highlight the rawprogram() file then click Open

[Image: How-to-use-Ultimate-Multi-Tool-UMT-QcFir...ware-5.jpg]

6. The files to be flashed should now be loaded. You could tick Customize to choose partitions to be flashed

[Image: How-to-use-Ultimate-Multi-Tool-UMT-QcFir...ware-6.jpg]

7. Click Flash

[Image: How-to-use-Ultimate-Multi-Tool-UMT-QcFir...ware-7.jpg]

8. Once you see "Turn off..", boot the device into Emergency Download Mode then connect to PC via USB cord

[Image: How-to-use-Ultimate-Multi-Tool-UMT-QcFir...ware-8.jpg]

9. The device should get detected

[Image: How-to-use-Ultimate-Multi-Tool-UMT-QcFir...ware-9.jpg]

10. UMT should start flashing the files to their corresponding partitons

[Image: How-to-use-Ultimate-Multi-Tool-UMT-QcFir...are-10.jpg]

11. You should see Operation Finished once flashing is complete

[Image: How-to-use-Ultimate-Multi-Tool-UMT-QcFir...are-11.jpg]

12. You can disconnect and power up the device.

Important Notice
  • You should only flash firmware for your model (and build) to avoid bricking your device
  • You'll require a hardware box to get UMT QcFire to work. Running the module without the needed hardware will give an error
  • If you're using a loader version then your antivirus might flag it.Its up to you to heed or ignore this warning
  • If you are making use of NCK Pro box and encounter a card firmware is obsolete error then follow this guide
  • If you get a failed error while using NCK Pro Box then connect the device directly to the PC instead of to the box

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'm going to explain how to flash a Qualcomm Android device's firmware using Ultimate Multi Tool QcFire. First off, you need to have the hardware dongle and need to have set it up. I'm using NCK Pro box which supports UMT. You need to also have installed the module. I've launched it right now just to save time. You also need to have the firmware which you intend to flash.

I have mine (just a backup) and you need to know how to boot the device into EDL Mode. Now you wait for the UMT QcFire dashboard to come up. Now, once it comes up, you stay under the flasher tab. Now you have two options: multi and single program mode. I'm sticking with single which requires I tick program and patch and click the browse in front of the program file.

Navigate to the location of the firmware, select the rawprogram() file and click open. This will load the patch file and all the files to be flashed. You can decide to click customize to select the partitions which you intend to flash but I'll just leave all the partitions as they are by unticking customize. So I'm flashing everything. You can leave these settings as they are and then you click on flash Once you see this message, you boot the device into EDL Mode and then you connect to the PC via a USB cord.

The device should get detected and flashing should begin all right flashing has begun. I'm flashing just a few files from a backup, not the full firmware alright so operation is finished and I
can disconnect and boot up the device. I'll show you the firmware which I flashed. This is just a backup as you can see.

Its not a full firmware, just a few files from a backup. That's how to flash a Qualcomm Android device using Ultimate Multi Tool QcFire
This post was last modified: 25-02-2019, 01:47 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
rehannasim
rehannasim
rehannasim
10-04-2019, 10:46 PM
ok is there a way to get programmer file for a phone who's progrrammer file can not be found any where on the internet
even manufacturers deny

i have recovery.img for the device which i want to flash, so here are my question

1) how i can do without a programmer file?
2) is there any way to do without having the programmer file?
3) Is there any way to extract it from the main device?
4) if i try these programmer file , is it safe if i use a wrong programmer file ?
5) if programmer file fails then can i reset phone to factory status?
6) can i use Miracle box to flash single partition , without having programmer file?

by programmer file i mean
prog_emmc_firehose_8909.mbn
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-04-2019, 11:43 AM
(10-04-2019, 10:46 PM)rehannasim ok is there a way to get programmer file for a phone who's progrrammer file can not be found any where on the internet
even manufacturers deny

i have recovery.img for the device which i want to flash, so here are my question

1) how i can do without a programmer file?
2) is there any way to do without having the programmer file?
3) Is there any way to extract it from the main device?
4) if i try these programmer file , is it safe if i use a wrong programmer file ?
5) if programmer file fails then can i reset phone to factory status?
6) can i use Miracle box to flash single partition , without having programmer file?

by programmer file i mean
prog_emmc_firehose_8909.mbn

stick to your thread @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-27341.html & stop posting the same issue everywhere
rehannasim
rehannasim
rehannasim
11-04-2019, 12:22 PM
sorry again