Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Infinix X506 16 GB not starting
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Infinix X506 16 GB not starting

Infinix X506 16 GB not starting

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
muradra
muradra
muradra
Enthusiastic Member
19-04-2015, 11:57 PM

(19-04-2015, 10:52 PM)muradra
(19-04-2015, 09:12 PM)hovatek
(19-04-2015, 07:37 PM)muradra Pmt changed for the ROM, it must be downoaded, and now phone is connecting, but for any activity of so flash, it changes from mtk USB port to mtk DA USB vcom
your drivers appear to be fine, focus on SP flash tool because thats far more important at this point
if using sp flash tool v5, select format all + download from the list then click download
if using sp flash tool v3, format first then download.

apparently I have the 16 GB and I was trying to flash the preloader of the 8gb so I found that out, and I downloaded the 16 GB preloader and and the entire back up image, worked out fine! but once I finished, the phone would not start, I kept pressing power, it then showed a black screen. so I put it on the charger, it showed me it was charging, which was great! after it reached 10% I started it, but then it started with a bootloop, so I pressed power and volume, it restated but without bootloop, with only infinix logo! I put it on the charger again, it would not charge, it shows the battery image with no counter. then I saw your post about formatting then downloading, and I was not able to do so, as the mtk USB port is not there anymore, it is only then when I press power to shut the phone down, then dissappears. any advice? my phone is still under warranty but the problem is that Im travelling and I dont want to buy a new phone. so looks like I will wait until I go back to my home country and send it back to the agency or do you think I should keep it on the charger and keep it on maybe its installing in the background? not I do have the bootloader and recovery, I tried backup with recovery mode, it told me mount\data does not exist

update to that, I connected my phone to the laptop and still showing the battery charging, I was at that time on SP flash tool, I clicked on memory test, then pressed the power and vol up so that I simulate battery removal, it worked, and it was testing, I kept pressing but then the phone booted, after that, the phone shut down and does not run, and SP flash tool does not recognise it, and the phone is not not booting in any form, but when I connect it to the laptop it connects as preloader da usb, I tried updating the driver but still SP flash tool is unable to recognise it
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-04-2015, 09:34 AM
(19-04-2015, 11:57 PM)muradra update to that, I connected my phone to the laptop and still showing the battery charging, I was at that time on SP flash tool, I clicked on memory test, then pressed the power and vol up so that I simulate battery removal, it worked, and it was testing, I kept pressing but then the phone booted, after that, the phone shut down and does not run, and SP flash tool does not recognise it, and the phone is not not booting in any form, but when I connect it to the laptop it connects as preloader da usb, I tried updating the driver but still SP flash tool is unable to recognise it

1. first of all, i though you said it was a 16GB version, where then did you get the 8GB file(s) you were trying to use?
2. i sent you a 16GB infinix zero backup, was that the backup you flashed to the phone?
3. is there an SD card in the phone?
This post was last modified: 20-04-2015, 09:36 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
muradra
muradra
muradra
Enthusiastic Member
20-04-2015, 12:24 PM
(20-04-2015, 09:34 AM)hovatek
(19-04-2015, 11:57 PM)muradra update to that, I connected my phone to the laptop and still showing the battery charging, I was at that time on SP flash tool, I clicked on memory test, then pressed the power and vol up so that I simulate battery removal, it worked, and it was testing, I kept pressing but then the phone booted, after that, the phone shut down and does not run, and SP flash tool does not recognise it, and the phone is not not booting in any form, but when I connect it to the laptop it connects as preloader da usb, I tried updating the driver but still SP flash tool is unable to recognise it

1. first of all, i though you said it was a 16GB version, where then did you get the 8GB file(s) you were trying to use?
2. i sent you a 16GB infinix zero backup, was that the backup you flashed to the phone?
3. is there an SD card in the phone?

From the link, I chose the zero j608 and then downloaded the files to replace for the zero j609, and yes it is flashed, now I can get to recovery there is an SD card, but now recovery shows 2 SD cards , I'm not sure why, there is no otg drive, I can't flash agai as I can't remove the he battery of the phone to have it recognized as mtk device
This post was last modified: 20-04-2015, 12:27 PM by muradra. Edit Reason: correction
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-04-2015, 01:02 PM
(20-04-2015, 12:24 PM)muradra From the link, I chose the zero j608 and then downloaded the files to replace for the zero j609, and yes it is flashed, now I can get to recovery there is an SD card, but now recovery shows 2 SD cards , I'm not sure why, there is no otg drive, I can't flash agai as I can't remove the he battery of the phone to have it recognized as mtk device

1. ok, so you replaced the J608 files with the J609 files. meaning you flashed the J609 files right?
2. how does the phone behave when you try to boot normally?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
muradra
muradra
muradra
Enthusiastic Member
20-04-2015, 07:42 PM

(20-04-2015, 01:02 PM)hovatek
(20-04-2015, 12:24 PM)muradra From the link, I chose the zero j608 and then downloaded the files to replace for the zero j609, and yes it is flashed, now I can get to recovery there is an SD card, but now recovery shows 2 SD cards , I'm not sure why, there is no otg drive, I can't flash agai as I can't remove the he battery of the phone to have it recognized as mtk device

1. ok, so you replaced the J608 files with the J609 files. meaning you flashed the J609 files right?
2. how does the phone behave when you try to boot normally?

Yes I did, but when I'm on recovery mode, it shows at the top "infinix-J608-16GB-20140910" my earlier recovery showed, "infinix-J609-16GB-20150220"

it does nothing but show me the infinix logo; the first time I booted it, I have to press the power button for close to 30 secs, then it booted and kept booting, until I pressed the power and vol up, and when I put it on the charger, it was charging and showing progress, now it charges but it does not show progress.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-04-2015, 10:02 PM
(20-04-2015, 07:42 PM)muradra Yes I did, but when I'm on recovery mode, it shows at the top "infinix-J608-16GB-20140910" my earlier recovery showed, "infinix-J609-16GB-20150220"

it does nothing but show me the infinix logo; the first time I booted it, I have to press the power button for close to 30 secs, then it booted and kept booting, until I pressed the power and vol up, and when I put it on the charger, it was charging and showing progress, now it charges but it does not show progress.

try flashing this infinx zero 16GB ROM @ https://mega.co.nz/#!L9oC2TKD!1ssKKI_aH_...yKvVIQ6vl8
and let me know how it goes

Note!
muradra
muradra
muradra
Enthusiastic Member
20-04-2015, 10:40 PM
(20-04-2015, 10:02 PM)hovatek
(20-04-2015, 07:42 PM)muradra Yes I did, but when I'm on recovery mode, it shows at the top "infinix-J608-16GB-20140910" my earlier recovery showed, "infinix-J609-16GB-20150220"

try flashing this infinx zero 16GB ROM @ https://mega.co.nz/#!L9oC2TKD!1ssKKI_aH_...yKvVIQ6vl8
and let me know how it goes

I cant do flashing now, my phone is not detected, it only detectswhen I press the power and vol up and the phone reboots, but once the phone is booted,it disappears. even when the phone is off it does not appear. i'd have to remove the battery, which is a hassle. unless you know of a way to switch the phone off and doesnt let it boot or charge.

2nd question is do I need to reflash everything?
This post was last modified: 20-04-2015, 10:42 PM by muradra. Edit Reason: additional info added
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-04-2015, 08:29 AM
(20-04-2015, 10:40 PM)muradra I cant do flashing now, my phone is not detected, it only detectswhen I press the power and vol up and the phone reboots, but once the phone is booted,it disappears. even when the phone is off it does not appear. i'd have to remove the battery, which is a hassle. unless you know of a way to switch the phone off and doesnt let it boot or charge.

2nd question is do I need to reflash everything?

its mostly a driver issue.
1. Try another PC
2. uninstall then re-install vcom drivers using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html

Note!
Pages (2): Previous 1 2