Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [SPD] How to create a custom .pac file with only a few partitions inside ?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[SPD] How to create a custom .pac file with only a few partitions inside ?

[SPD] How to create a custom .pac file with only a few partitions inside ?

TokyGerard
TokyGerard
TokyGerard
03-03-2019, 10:52 PM

Good evening Hovatek,

I noticed that some person manages to create a .pac file with only a boot patched with Magisk and some essential files in it (only 30Mb), whereas me, I downloaded the whole firmware (1Gb) to have the boot and to reflash the boot patched after. I did several searches on Google to see if there is a tutorial for that but nothing. I want to have a .pac file flashable on Research Download with only boot and recovery in it.

Thank you

Envoyé de mon Orange Rise 53 avec Hovatek Mobile
shankar1790
shankar1790
shankar1790
04-03-2019, 03:57 AM
(03-03-2019, 10:52 PM)TokyGerard Good evening Hovatek,

I noticed that some person manages to create a .pac file with only a boot patched with Magisk and some essential files in it (only 30Mb), whereas me, I downloaded the whole firmware (1Gb) to have the boot and to reflash the boot patched after. I did several searches on Google to see if there is a tutorial for that but nothing. I want to have a .pac file flashable on Research Download with only boot and recovery in it.

Thank you

You only need 2 necessary files (FDL1 AND FDL 2)binary files and your boot& recovery.img
You can find those files in your stock rom. Download it and extracts it somewhere in pc
Similarly download research tool and extracts it in pc (generally desktop)
How to create pac file in reserch download tool--
1. Use latest research download tool and open it then select setting
2.select baudrate and set to your desired value.
3.select packet option (your chipset)if not present then
You can use it from your stock rom (this is in xml format) and place it to root directory of research download tool. 
3.  You can notice that fdl1 and fdl2 binary already checked (this is necessary to flash firmware to your device)
You can also find this files in your stock firmware you extacted.
4. Select fdl1.bin and fdl2.bin from location of stock rom you extracted before.
5. Select your boot.img and recovery.img (always remember to check options you selected)
6.similarly you can add other files and choose packate option in reserch download tool .
Now you have a pac file flashable to your device. 
You can add your modified boot ,recovery system etc inplace of stock.

Note- if your stock rom has signed files like boot-sign,recovery-sign then replacing this files from modified one will give error on flashing.
TokyGerard
TokyGerard
TokyGerard
04-03-2019, 06:31 AM
(04-03-2019, 03:57 AM)shankar1790
You only need 2 necessary files (FDL1 AND FDL 2)binary files and your boot& recovery.img
You can find those files in your stock rom. Download it and extracts it somewhere in pc
Similarly download research tool and extracts it in pc (generally desktop)
How to create pac file in reserch download tool--
1. Use latest research download tool and open it then select setting
2.select baudrate and set to your desired value.
3.select packet option (your chipset)if not present then
You can use it from your stock rom (this is in xml format) and place it to root directory of research download tool. 
3.  You can notice that fdl1 and fdl2 binary already checked (this is necessary to flash firmware to your device)
You can also find this files in your stock firmware you extacted.
4. Select fdl1.bin and fdl2.bin from location of stock rom you extracted before.
5. Select your boot.img and recovery.img (always remember to check options you selected)
6.similarly you can add other files and choose packate option in reserch download tool .
Now you have a pac file flashable to your device. 
You can add your modified boot ,recovery system etc inplace of stock.

Note- if your stock rom has signed files like boot-sign,recovery-sign then replacing this files from modified one will give error on flashing.

Thanks a lot bro, I'll give a try

freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
04-03-2019, 12:50 PM
(03-03-2019, 10:52 PM)TokyGerard Good evening Hovatek,

Thank you

you didn't need to go far and wide, there's a guide to create a pac file @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1232.html . you just need to skip some steps you don't need
[Image: smile.gif] @shankar1790 has explained the process though