Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android help needed
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

help needed

help needed

jdfm
jdfm
jdfm
13-03-2019, 03:09 AM

hello team hovatek...i wan to flash my tecno c5 but when i connect it to pc nothing happens. i have drivers downloaded from you installed and both usb cable and usb ports are working. what could be the cause?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
13-03-2019, 07:34 AM
(13-03-2019, 03:09 AM)jdfm hello team hovatek...i wan to flash my tecno c5 but when i connect it to pc nothing happens. i have drivers downloaded from you installed and both usb cable and usb ports are working. what could be the cause?

It's good to know what's wrong with the phone and how the problem started?
Also, on what version of Windows are you trying to flash the phone? Win 7,8 or 10.
This post was last modified: 13-03-2019, 07:35 AM by xerxes.
jdfm
jdfm
jdfm
13-03-2019, 02:55 PM
Thanks inagee... I did a factory reset on the phone now 2 of the soft keys dont work only back works and then notification bar doesn't work as well with some other issues. I run Windows 7 with all drivers installed, usb cable works fine and all ports are working but when i connect the phone power off after clicking download on sp... Nothing happens
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-03-2019, 04:35 PM
(13-03-2019, 02:55 PM)jdfm Thanks inagee... I did a factory reset on the phone now 2 of the soft keys dont work only back works and then notification bar doesn't work as well with some other issues. I run Windows 7 with all drivers installed, usb cable works fine and all ports are working but when i connect the phone power off after clicking download on sp... Nothing happens

seems more like faulty screen / touch problem you have there
anyways, launch device manager
switch off the phone
connect the phone to the PC
does device manager refresh? if yes, quickly check under PORTS... what does the phone get connected to the PC as?
jdfm
jdfm
jdfm
14-03-2019, 10:23 AM

screen/touch work fine...it started afted the factory rest. when i connect phone to pc (off) device manager pops up "mediatek preloader...) then goes away when phone begins to charge.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-03-2019, 04:20 PM
(14-03-2019, 10:23 AM)jdfm screen/touch work fine...it started afted the factory rest. when i connect phone to pc (off) device manager pops up "mediatek preloader...) then goes away when phone begins to charge.

drivers look fine to me
retry flashing again using SPflashtool without holding any buttons 
also try flashing while holding vol down button before connecting the phone to the PC