Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] [Gome K1] logo stuck, tools COM issue?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] [Gome K1] logo stuck, tools COM issue?

[Please help] [Gome K1] logo stuck, tools COM issue?

Muppet
Muppet
Muppet
16-03-2019, 02:58 PM

I've got a Gome K1 that after about 6 months just got stuck on the logo screen. So when all else failed I looked for flashing it and came upon
Youtube video.

When following the steps on a Window 10 x64 as well as a Freshly installed Windows XP 32bit (I've experienced in the past that Windows XP nearly always worked if W10 didn't) I'm experiencing some discrepenties in comparison to the video:
  1. Although I have installed the driver that you provided, when connecting the phone Windows asks for an MTP device.
  2. When selecting the scatter-file, the purple progress bar doesn't appear. It only does when I click on the "Start all" button.
  3. At finishing the purple progress bar, an error appears:

FAIL

Warning: Maybe error as follows:
(1)COM ports number repetitive or invalid.
(2)Brom and preloader have the same comport number!
Please modify them in the INI file or scan again.

Although it isn't in the video, I've tried the SP flashtool, but that didn't work either. 
So now I have a phone that does nothing, without any proper reason.

Other Question: When I put the phone into recovery mode (powerup with volume up) the dead droid with the red exclamation mark out his chest appears. Is that correct?
This post was last modified: 16-03-2019, 03:05 PM by Muppet. Edit Reason: supplemental question.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-03-2019, 04:51 PM
(16-03-2019, 02:58 PM)Muppet ...
Other Question: When I put the phone into recovery mode (powerup with volume up) the dead droid with the red exclamation mark out his chest appears. Is that correct?

when using SPmultiport tool, best to click the scan button before start button -- this will reset the ports and try to grab the new port you connect your phone to & once that's done, then you can click start button

check step 6 or watch the video guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23311.html

for recovery mode, when you get to the android lying on its back screen, press power + vol up to proceed into recovery mode (the key combo may vary so you can try other key combos)
This post was last modified: 16-03-2019, 04:56 PM by X3non.
Muppet
Muppet
Muppet
16-03-2019, 09:27 PM
(16-03-2019, 04:51 PM)X3non

when using SPmultiport tool, best to click the scan button before start button -- this will reset the ports and try to grab the new port you connect your phone to & once that's done, then you can click start button

check step 6 or watch the video guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23311.html

for recovery mode, when you get to the android lying on its back screen, press power + vol up to proceed into recovery mode (the key combo may vary so you can try other key combos)

Hi, thanx for thinking along!

I did that, but when there was no progress at all after 30 minutes I broke it off.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
17-03-2019, 09:46 AM
(16-03-2019, 09:27 PM)Muppet
(16-03-2019, 04:51 PM)X3non

Hi, thanx for thinking along!

I did that, but when there was no progress at all after 30 minutes I broke it off.

what error do you get when flashing with sp flash tool? 
Have you tried the button combo @x3non's reply to proceed to recovery mode?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-03-2019, 10:14 AM

(16-03-2019, 09:27 PM)Muppet Hi, thanx for thinking along!

no progress after 30 mins, means your phone is not detected
try this
launch device manager, power off the phone then connect it to the PC
device manager should immediately refresh, what does the phone get connected to as?