Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Baseband version: Unknown problem for unrooted Mediatek phone
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Baseband version: Unknown problem for unrooted Mediatek phone

Baseband version: Unknown problem for unrooted Mediatek phone

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-03-2019, 03:54 PM

(20-03-2019, 02:52 PM)janhoza Yes, you are correct about the pics I sent. 1st is flash tool with oreo scatter file. 2nd is contents of nougat ROM.

In the oreo scatter file there is no occurence of secro.img

I attach the oreo scatter file.

interesting, how did you verify that this oreo firmware is meant for your phone and not for a different Ouktel K10 variant?
try this
flash the nougat firmware, perform a factory reset then check if baseband is fixed
if it is, then try flashing the files from the oreo firmware using the scatter file from the nougat firmware (use download only in SP flash tool)
This post was last modified: 20-03-2019, 03:55 PM by X3non.
janhoza
janhoza
janhoza
Enthusiastic Member
20-03-2019, 04:49 PM
As far as I know there are no variants of this phone. No options were offered when first purchasing it.
The oreo update I got from https://www.getdroidtips.com/android-8-1...kitel-k10/

What dropdown option do I use for flashing the nougat firmware?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-03-2019, 09:14 AM
(20-03-2019, 04:49 PM)janhoza As far as I know there are no variants of this phone. ...

you'd be surprised how easily these phone companies can whip up a different variant
i wonder, did you ever try checking if your phone has an android version update in system updates under settings?

(20-03-2019, 04:49 PM)janhoza What dropdown option do I use for flashing the nougat firmware?

download only will most likely throw pmt error so you can use firmware upgrade option
This post was last modified: 21-03-2019, 09:22 AM by X3non.
janhoza
janhoza
janhoza
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2019, 02:24 PM
I continullay tried the version update on the phone and there has never been any update! That is why I was so pleased to see the stock rom Oreo update I quoted above.

I indeed tried the Download option and got the PMT error. I have tried Firware Uopgrade (althought PMT messagae says Format all and download). Eureka. Baseband is back. Smile) IMEI numers back. All looks good.

So now, how do I upgrade to Oreo without losing the baseband?

Thank you!
janhoza
janhoza
janhoza
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2019, 02:44 PM

Also, is there a way of getting rid of the XXXkey red Chinese symbols at the top right hand of the screen? See my attached screen shot.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20190321-153755.png
Size: 793.79 KB / Downloads: 1
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-03-2019, 03:44 PM
(21-03-2019, 02:24 PM)janhoza ...
So now, how do I upgrade to Oreo without losing the baseband?

Thank you!

try this, no guarantees it will work as expected
create a new folder then
copy all the files from the oreo rom into the new folder,
then delete the scatter file
copy scatter file from the nougat rom into the same new folder
then flash the files from the new folder using "download only" in SP flash tool
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-03-2019, 03:46 PM
(21-03-2019, 02:44 PM)janhoza Also, is there a way of getting rid of the XXXkey red Chinese symbols at the top right hand of the screen? See my attached screen shot.

we can't tell what it means, we dont read chinese. maybe its a warning
was it there initially when you were still on nougat? or when you flashed the oreo rom?
janhoza
janhoza
janhoza
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2019, 04:06 PM
OK, thanks, I'll give that a go. If it doesn't work, I'll just have to settle with the original stock Nougat. ?

The red logo first appeared with the Oreo upgrade. It then had the letters tee inserted before key.
janhoza
janhoza
janhoza
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2019, 04:44 PM
I see that there are quite a few files needed by the Nougat scatter file which are missing. Hope that's OK.
See pic
Oh, I get an error: PRELOADER INVALID..... I suppose a preloader file is needed. Ah ha - I see the End Address is incorrect for all the files that have not been selected. What to do now? Actually it seems that the unselected files do not exist in the Oreo firmware. There is a preloader but it has a different name in the scatter file.
No idea what to do now. The Oreo scatter file worked fine except for the loss of baseband.

Where is the baseband info configured? Perhaps I can just leave that module (image) out??
Attached Files
.png
flash_tool_mRpkf5hRZP.png
Size: 45.61 KB / Downloads: 1
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-03-2019, 09:31 AM

(21-03-2019, 04:44 PM)janhoza I see that there are quite a few files needed by the Nougat scatter file which are missing. Hope that's OK.
See pic
Oh, I get an error: PRELOADER INVALID..... I suppose a preloader file is needed. Ah ha - I see the End Address is incorrect for all the files that have not been selected. What to do now? Actually it seems that the unselected files do not exist in the Oreo firmware. There is a preloader but it has a different name in the scatter file.
No idea what to do now. The Oreo scatter file worked fine except for the loss of baseband.

Where is the baseband info configured? Perhaps I can just leave that module (image) out??

if those missing files in spflash tool are within the oreo folder but have different file names, you can manually select them by clicking the empty boxes for each one under LOCATION OR rename the files to match the names within the scatter file then reselect the scatter file so sp flashtool picks them up automatically

another approach you can try will be to copy & add the missing files from the nougat rom (from the screenshot, you have the 3 major files needed from oreo -- boot, recovery & system)
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next