Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Baseband version: Unknown problem for unrooted Mediatek phone
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Baseband version: Unknown problem for unrooted Mediatek phone

Baseband version: Unknown problem for unrooted Mediatek phone

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
janhoza
janhoza
janhoza
Enthusiastic Member
22-03-2019, 10:14 AM

Thank you so much X3non for your help thus far.
Unfortunately I am away for 10 days and cannot continue with this till I get back. I will then try the second approach first, and if it does not work, will try the first.

Some possible issues:
1. The file sizes may be different in the the Nougat firmware than specified in the Oreo scatter file. Can't check now. Will I need to amend the sizes appropriately?
2. Still not sure what dropdown option to use. What is actually the technical difference between the three options?

Lastly, for interest, where do you live? I'm interested in your time zone.

Thanks again
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-03-2019, 03:09 PM
(22-03-2019, 10:14 AM)janhoza ...
Some possible issues:
1. The file sizes may be different in the the Nougat firmware than specified in the Oreo scatter file. Can't check now. Will I need to amend the sizes appropriately?
2. Still not sure what dropdown option to use. What is actually the technical difference between the three options?
Lastly, for interest, where do you live? I'm interested in your time zone.

Thanks again

1. the file sizes may vary but i doubt any of them will be larger in size compared to the partition size. comparing should be relatively easy, check the file size of say system.img then compared it to the value of partition_size under SYSTEM in the scatter file. you will need to convert the value of partition_size from hex to dec using a calculator

2. best to use "download only", both format all + download & firmware upgrade option will attempt to format the storage on the phone before flashing the new firmware which is what you'll want to avoid.

GMT+1
janhoza
janhoza
janhoza
Enthusiastic Member
22-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Brilliant, thanks. Will speak in 10 days time hopefully with good news. I'm GMT +2.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3