Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TWRP for HomTom S8
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TWRP for HomTom S8

[Please help] TWRP for HomTom S8

strifept
strifept
strifept
Enthusiastic Member
24-03-2019, 11:41 AM

Hello guys!

i've recently managed to port my recovery to TWRP using Mediatek Auto TWRP Recovery porter, but my touch screen doesn't work while in recovery.

I ended up following a sugestion on this forum to mount TWRP as my boot.img and the touch screen does indeed work, but I can't wipe or flash anything because I get a ton of mounting errors, most notably "cannot decrypt adopted storage because data will not mount".

I've tried following some youtube suggestions like changing file system and stuff but nothing worked. Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks in advance
Ps: Does anyone know of good documentation or stuff of the sort to start developing custom roms? I'm a Java developer IRL and I'm quite interested in developing a custom rom for my phone but am quite lost as to where to start.
SachinBorkar
SachinBorkar
SachinBorkar
24-03-2019, 02:19 PM
(24-03-2019, 11:41 AM)strifept Hello guys!

i've recently managed to port my recovery to TWRP using Mediatek Auto TWRP Recovery porter, but my touch screen doesn't work while in recovery.

I ended up following a sugestion on this forum to mount TWRP as my boot.img and the touch screen does indeed work, but I can't wipe or flash anything because I get a ton of mounting errors, most notably "cannot decrypt adopted storage because data will not mount".

I've tried following some youtube suggestions like changing file system and stuff but nothing worked. Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks in advance
Ps: Does anyone know of good documentation or stuff of the sort to start developing custom roms? I'm a Java developer IRL and I'm quite interested in developing a custom rom for my phone but am quite lost as to where to start.
Attach screenshot of mounting errors

Sent from my Titanium Vista 4G using Tapatalk
strifept
strifept
strifept
Enthusiastic Member
24-03-2019, 03:39 PM
(24-03-2019, 02:19 PM)SachinBorkar
(24-03-2019, 11:41 AM)strifept Hello guys!

Thanks in advance
Attach screenshot of mounting errors

Sent from my Titanium Vista 4G using Tapatalk
nvm with philz it works Smile