Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Bricked Tablet - can you help?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Bricked Tablet - can you help?

Bricked Tablet - can you help?

wychwood201
wychwood201
wychwood201
24-03-2019, 05:16 PM

I have bricked my new tablet (Neocore E1) which I thought had a MTK chipset. However, the spec says ARM A53 CPU’s…SP Flashtools are my only chance of flashing the stock rom back onto this device as I stupidly only flashed the boot image through command line. Having previously wiped user data and cache, I am stuck in a boot loop with no apparent recovery! The boot loader is unlocked but I have nothing but a flashing red triangle and ‘support for API:3’ on screen.

Firstly, is this chipset Mediatek? If so, can anyone please inform me if Sp Flash tools are the solution?.....

I can switch the tablet off only by poking a reset button, If I press the power button though it just repeats by booting into the OEM start up screen (with bootloader unlocked confirmation) then endlessly flashing the dead, red triangle symbol. I can't communicate through ADB shell and I can't put into fastboot.

I am a Mac user, but I am sure I can find some PC user to help me, so I would be eternally grateful for any information on whether I can do this with this device, and if so, the procedure straightforward..
Huh
Specs:
CPU- Quad Core 4x1.5GHz (4x Cortex A53) 

GPU-Mali-T720 MP2@600MHz2 

Memory (RAM)- 2GB DDR3L E1R16 (2017) 

OS - Android 6 

Bluetooth - Yes 

Built in memory - 16GB( around 11GB is free, rest is used by android system) 
Memory Card Slot micro SD up to 256GB 
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-03-2019, 12:28 AM
(24-03-2019, 05:16 PM)wychwood201 I have bricked my new tablet (Neocore E1) which I thought had a MTK chipset. However, the spec says ARM A53 CPU’s…SP Flashtools are my only chance of flashing the stock rom back onto this device as I stupidly only flashed the boot image through command line. Having previously wiped user ...

checking the chipset type;
launch device manager on a windows PC
power off the phone & connect to the PC (try both without and without holding vol down button)
device manager should refresh and show what the phone gets connected as (mediatek, spreadtrum, etc)

recovery mode;
on the red triangle and ‘support for API:3’ screen, try pressing power button + vol up button together then see if it boots into main recovery mode
you can try other key combos e.g vol up only, vol up + power button

what was wrong with the phone before you decided to flash boot image?
did you by any chance make any firmware backup before flashing?
and how did you get this boot image you flashed?