Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Bricked Device
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Bricked Device

[Please help] Bricked Device

Harrison K Banda
Harrison K Banda
Harrison K Banda
Enthusiastic Member
25-03-2019, 10:37 AM

i Need help i bricked my device but before doing so i backed up using miracle saving as a scatter but unfortunately my computer clashed and when had it repaired i lost a scatter of backed up firmware. kindly help for my device is a chinese ALPS MTK phone tried to search the internet for its firmware but couldnt find it. Need Help
Attached Files
.jpg
Untitled 2.jpg
Size: 189.8 KB / Downloads: 9
.png
Untitled.png
Size: 246.91 KB / Downloads: 5
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
25-03-2019, 11:39 AM
(25-03-2019, 10:37 AM)Harrison K Banda i Need help i bricked my device but before doing so i backed up using miracle saving as a scatter but unfortunately my computer clashed and when had it repaired i lost a scatter of backed up firmware. kindly help for my device is a chinese ALPS MTK phone tried to search the internet for its firmware but couldnt find it. Need Help
It seems u dont know what you are looking for.. Whats the phone make and model.. There are so many devices out there that run on ALPS roms.. If you dont know the make and model, then disassemble the phone, locate where the board i.d is, post it here..

Sent from my Hisense F20 using Tapatalk
Harrison K Banda
Harrison K Banda
Harrison K Banda
Enthusiastic Member
25-03-2019, 03:44 PM
(25-03-2019, 11:39 AM)Kenneth.mtika
(25-03-2019, 10:37 AM)Harrison K Banda i Need help i bricked my device but before doing so i backed up using miracle saving as a scatter but unfortunately my computer clashed and when had it repaired i lost a scatter of backed up firmware. kindly help for my device is a chinese ALPS MTK phone tried to search the internet for its firmware but couldnt find it. Need Help
It seems u dont know what you are looking for.. Whats the phone make and model.. There are so many devices out there that run on ALPS roms.. If you dont know the make and model, then disassemble the phone, locate where the board i.d is, post it here..

name: NOKIA
model: 950XL
This post was last modified: 25-03-2019, 03:46 PM by Harrison K Banda.
Attached Files
.txt
Nokia Lumia Chinese Read Info.txt
Size: 640 bytes / Downloads: 4
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
25-03-2019, 03:45 PM
(25-03-2019, 03:44 PM)Harrison K Banda
(25-03-2019, 10:37 AM)Harrison K Banda i Need help i bricked my device but before doing so i backed up using miracle saving as a scatter but unfortunately my computer clashed and when had it repaired i lost a scatter of backed up firmware. kindly help for my device is a chinese ALPS MTK phone tried to search the internet for its firmware but couldnt find it. Need Help

Locate the board i.d. inside...are you trying to dual boot or something? I understand nokia 950xl runs on microsoft os. Or is it a clone? Be specific

This post was last modified: 25-03-2019, 03:51 PM by Kenneth.mtika.
Harrison K Banda
Harrison K Banda
Harrison K Banda
Enthusiastic Member
25-03-2019, 04:35 PM

It is a clone
Harrison K Banda
Harrison K Banda
Harrison K Banda
Enthusiastic Member
25-03-2019, 05:13 PM
(25-03-2019, 03:45 PM)Kenneth.mtika
(25-03-2019, 03:44 PM)Harrison K Banda

Locate the board i.d. inside...are you trying to dual boot or something? I understand nokia 950xl runs on microsoft os. Or is it a clone? Be specific

Its a Clone
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-03-2019, 07:11 PM
(25-03-2019, 05:13 PM)Harrison K Banda Its a Clone

it seems you have the other files from the backup but no scatter file right?
if yes, why don't you make another backup using miracle box then use the scatter file from the new backup to flash the files of the old working backup
Harrison K Banda
Harrison K Banda
Harrison K Banda
Enthusiastic Member
26-03-2019, 05:03 PM
(25-03-2019, 07:11 PM)X3non
(25-03-2019, 05:13 PM)Harrison K Banda Its a Clone

it seems you have the other files from the backup but no scatter file right?
if yes, why don't you make another backup using miracle box then use the scatter file from the new backup to flash the files of the old working backup

Yes that will be a good idea but when i try to read as a scatter again it fails as per attached screen shorts e.g
1) pic one shows that it starts then goes in downloading boot 8 with hidden start button showing operation is still in process then after 40 seconds it stops on its own without giving any feedback and shows start button like in pic 2.
2) Pic two just shows start button
This post was last modified: 26-03-2019, 05:32 PM by Harrison K Banda.
Attached Files
.jpg
Shortscreen 1.jpg
Size: 418.84 KB / Downloads: 3
.jpg
Shortscreen 2.jpg
Size: 443.73 KB / Downloads: 2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-03-2019, 10:02 AM
(26-03-2019, 05:03 PM)Harrison K Banda Yes that will be a good idea but when i try to read as a scatter again it fails as per attached screen shorts e.g
1) pic one shows that it starts then goes in downloading boot 8 with hidden start button showing operation is still in process then after 40 seconds it stops on its own without giving any feedback and shows start button like in pic 2.
2) Pic two just shows start button

try a different miracle box version OR backing up using wwr @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
depending on how the phone got bricked; if you've already formatted the phone using tool such as sp flashtool and the likes OR maybe you've flashed a different firmware then backing up from the phone may not work as expected

other things you can try
if you know the exact arrangement order of the partitions on your phone, you can join the files in your backup together in that same order into one single large file
supply this large file to wwr as emmc user dump and see if wwr detects the partition

if none of these is doable, then you'll need a work phone same model as yours to take a working backup from