Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Serial Number Missing After Unbricking Meizu M5 Note
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Serial Number Missing After Unbricking Meizu M5 Note

Serial Number Missing After Unbricking Meizu M5 Note

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
05-04-2019, 04:38 PM

(05-04-2019, 12:12 PM)sicariusM5 oh, Guys.. This MAUI Girl is too tough! It can detect, but with error. It is not even successfully booting the device to META Mode..

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the VCOM Drivers and successfully installed CDC drivers.

Whenever I try, this is what I got: https://ibb.co/4NcqW1Q  ... Then the Smart (I mean.. Totally smart) Phone will start charging..

I do not know whats wrong with Maui.

try using maui meta v9
and remember not to hold any buttons before connecting the phone
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
06-04-2019, 10:21 AM
(05-04-2019, 04:38 PM)freshtyt try using maui meta v9
and remember not to hold any buttons before connecting the phone

Sir,

I have tried the 2 available variants of version 9 in this link: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15547.html
These versions wont read the phone, nor able to boot the device in meta.  Sad Sad  This is why I ended up using the version 7, cause it has the option to "connect the phone into meta..??", next on the latest versions, I also tried to connect already in Fastboot (the meta mode of this device)

I'll try some more. . . .unorthodox.. 

This phone is too secure... I don't know if I can do this without the help of Meizu them selves,. Im hoping they have a backup that can help me, since this device belongs to them..

While I'll be waiting for every Ideas that you have, I'll also forward them my concern to them..

Thanks
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-04-2019, 12:58 AM
(06-04-2019, 10:21 AM)sicariusM5 I have tried the 2 available variants of version 9 in this link: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15547.html
These versions wont read the phone, nor able to boot the device in meta.  Sad Sad  This is why I ended up using the version 7, cause it has the option to "connect the phone into meta..??", next on the latest versions, I also tried to connect already in Fastboot (the meta mode of this device)

I'll try some more. . . .unorthodox.. 

This phone is too secure... I don't know if I can do this without the help of Meizu them selves,. Im hoping they have a backup that can help me, since this device belongs to them..

While I'll be waiting for every Ideas that you have, I'll also forward them my concern to them..

Thanks

connecting to meta mode doesnt require any particular version, all maui meta or sn writer will try to boot the phone into meta mode regardless of that option (maybe its already checked and hidden in other version)

fastboot is different from meta mode, if you're connecting to maui meta tool the phone should be powered off before connecting to the PC
device manager should refresh a couple of times then if all goes well, it'll connect as gadget CDC ***** in device manager

if you're unable to connect to either maui meta or sn writer, you might need to try dumping proinfo partition from a working phone (one that has not been flashed or formatted using sp flash tool) i believe this partition holds serial and it may be possible to edit this using a hex editor
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
07-04-2019, 01:31 AM
(07-04-2019, 12:58 AM)X3non ...
fastboot is different from meta mode, if you're connecting to maui meta tool the phone should be powered off before connecting to the PC
device manager should refresh a couple of times then if all goes well, it'll connect as gadget CDC ***** in device manager

if you're unable to connect to either maui meta or sn writer, you might need to try dumping proinfo partition from a working phone (one that has not been flashed or formatted using sp flash tool) i believe this partition holds serial and it may be possible to edit this using a hex editor

Hey X3non, thank you for your reply. 

Last week I tried to extract my phone's proinfo, thinking that i might be able to redump it using SPFT. It failed, telling me that the file is not compatible with the device as i remember, which is a bit wierd, because it was from the same device Huh

now you gave me an idea that maybe somehow i can create the serial number file using adb, just as your first reply suggesting the iSerial..

the problem is WHERE should i be able to put the file i will create. The root folder of this device does not have rom/devinfo or maybe the file shall be placed somewhere aside from this location. if only we have here anyone that has the phone, virgin one, and can tell us the location of serialNo file...

meanwhile: I tried to check if I can edit the proinfo via hex editor, it shows so many null boxes. 

i also found inside /dev/ this interesting file named __properties__. Im able to copy it from esFile explorer, paste it in PC and found upon opening using Notepad++, the wierd serial number is there, and there are three of them among the bunch of letter and numbers..

so i edited it, replacing them with my real serial number, saved. but i dont know how i can push the file inside the same loc in the phone. 

- tried editing it on the phone itself, but upon saving it, it booted the phone and restored the wierd SN in the file. 

-copying the edited file from the PC to phone's download folder then to /dev/ wont let me.. the file must be in used.

can i push this file using adb?

thank u in advance again,sir
This post was last modified: 07-04-2019, 01:37 AM by sicariusM5.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-04-2019, 10:10 AM

(07-04-2019, 01:31 AM)sicariusM5 Hey X3non, thank you for your reply. 

Last week I tried to extract my phone's proinfo, thinking that i might be able to redump it using SPFT. It failed, telling me that the file is not compatible with the device as i remember, which is a bit wierd, because it was from the same device Huh

now you gave me an idea that maybe somehow i can create the serial number file using adb, just as your first reply suggesting the iSerial..

the problem is WHERE should i be able to put the file i will create. The root folder of this device does not have rom/devinfo or maybe the file shall be placed somewhere aside from this location. if only we have here anyone that has the phone, virgin one, and can tell us the location of serialNo file...

meanwhile: I tried to check if I can edit the proinfo via hex editor, it shows so many null boxes. 

i also found inside /dev/ this interesting file named __properties__. Im able to copy it from esFile explorer, paste it in PC and found upon opening using Notepad++, the wierd serial number is there, and there are three of them among the bunch of letter and numbers..

so i edited it, replacing them with my real serial number, saved. but i dont know how i can push the file inside the same loc in the phone. 

- tried editing it on the phone itself, but upon saving it, it booted the phone and restored the wierd SN in the file. 

-copying the edited file from the PC to phone's download folder then to /dev/ wont let me.. the file must be in used.

can i push this file using adb?

thank u in advance again,sir

for proinfo, since you're rooted you can extract using adb dd command or sp flash tool (you'll need the DA file to pull this off)
you can't edit proinfo gotten from your phone cause it'll probably be empty as you already formatted using sp flash tool, what you need is proinfo from an untainted M5note phone (this way, you'll know which offsets to modify)

for iSerial, the location is within /sys/class/android_usb/f_accessory/device/iSerial
for the _properties_ file, why don't you use app such as Xplore, edit the file directly without the need to copy it out,, save then reboot the phone then check if the values is been restored, you can do the same to the iSerial file. from the look of things these files just hold the serial number temporarily on your model
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
08-04-2019, 02:32 PM
(08-04-2019, 10:10 AM)X3non for proinfo, since you're rooted you can extract using adb dd command or sp flash tool (you'll need the DA file to pull this off)
you can't edit proinfo gotten from your phone cause it'll probably be empty as you already formatted using sp flash tool, what you need is proinfo from an untainted M5note phone (this way, you'll know which offsets to modify)

hmmm, OK .. Copy this one sir..
(08-04-2019, 10:10 AM)X3non for iSerial, the location is within /sys/class/android_usb/f_accessory/device/iSerial
for the _properties_ file, why don't you use app such as Xplore, edit the file directly without the need to copy it out,, save then reboot the phone then check if the values is  been restored, you can do the same to the iSerial file. from the look of things these files just hold the serial number temporarily on your model

I have 2 locations of iSerial: 

/sys/class/android_usb/f_accessory/device/iSerial
[b]/sys/class/android_usb/android0/iSerial
[/b]
Both shows the weird serial number and am able to change these but it does not change any in the About Phone..
Copying the iSerial files in other root devices does not work eg: /sys/class/android_usb/android0/f_accessory/device/

The proinfo must be the only way I can fix this. . . But I do not have anyone who has the same phone. 

I dont think someone might post it here nor anywhere for device security reasons. 

I was able to edit __properties__ file, and even was able to replace the original from the download folder ....
Upon reboot, weird SN still in there like a ghost  that has no plan of leaving my sight.. 

Im now trying to work with Droidtool, rebackingup the proinfo and ill check if this will work. 
Im having a good vibes cause there are some cases that when I read the phone via cmd ADB devices command, it shows my original SN...
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-04-2019, 06:32 PM
(08-04-2019, 02:32 PM)sicariusM5 I have 2 locations of iSerial: 

/sys/class/android_usb/f_accessory/device/iSerial
[b]/sys/class/android_usb/android0/iSerial
[/b]
Both shows the weird serial number and am able to change these but it does not change any in the About Phone..
Copying the iSerial files in other root devices does not work eg: /sys/class/android_usb/android0/f_accessory/device/

The proinfo must be the only way I can fix this. . . But I do not have anyone who has the same phone. 

I dont think someone might post it here nor anywhere for device security reasons. 

I was able to edit __properties__ file, and even was able to replace the original from the download folder ....
Upon reboot, weird SN still in there like a ghost  that has no plan of leaving my sight.. 

Im now trying to work with Droidtool, rebackingup the proinfo and ill check if this will work. 
Im having a good vibes cause there are some cases that when I read the phone via cmd ADB devices command, it shows my original SN...

quite right, most will not want to upload theirs but if you know someone who has one, the person could modify & replace the original serial with fake values then upload. you can then replace the fake values with yours. the major problem will be looking for someone having the phone

mtk droid tools will not work on your phone, if you're rooted you can use any of the method that use DD @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1405.html
if you're not rooted you can use the values from your scatter file to find the addresses for proinfo then readback using sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html (skip the parts about mtk droidtool as you already have scatter file and you must use the DA file you used for flashing)
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
14-04-2019, 01:09 PM
(08-04-2019, 10:10 AM)X3non for proinfo, since you're rooted you can extract using adb dd command or sp flash tool (you'll need the DA file to pull this off)

for iSerial, the location is within /sys/class/android_usb/f_accessory/device/iSerial
for the _properties_ file, why don't you use app such as Xplore, edit the file directly without the need to copy it out,, save then reboot the phone then check if the values is  been restored, you can do the same to the iSerial file. from the look of things these files just hold the serial number temporarily on your model

Hey, Man.. Sorry the very long delay of reply.. I hope all of you are well...

From here I think I give up.. Even the Meizu email support said that the only way to obtain the serial number back is to flash the official ROM via update.zip. The problem is when I try to update using the update.zip file what ever method, it says that the "firmware is corrupted". 

No Im trying to find a Way to flash the whole STOCK ROM together with the custom.img inside the flash files. Problem again? I'm getting "status sec img too large" error, and could not find a solution in the spflashtool error code list. 

Im posting another thread,, 

I hope that the people here wont get sick of me.. 

All my praises to you knowledge and thanks to all your helpful reply,,
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-04-2019, 12:03 AM
(14-04-2019, 01:09 PM)sicariusM5 Hey, Man.. Sorry the very long delay of reply.. I hope all of you are well...

From here I think I give up.. Even the Meizu email support said that the only way to obtain the serial number back is to flash the official ROM via update.zip. The problem is when I try to update using the update.zip file what ever method, it says that the "firmware is corrupted". 

i dont see how update.zip will help but you tried different flyme / android update.zip versions?
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
15-04-2019, 06:03 AM

(15-04-2019, 12:03 AM)X3non i dont see how update.zip will help but you tried different flyme / android update.zip versions?

I tried all 4 official update.zip rom, and You're right sir. Meizu tech doesnt seem to know what they're talking about. If I will tell you my stories about them, and how unhelpful the meizu tech's in the Philippines are!

Forgetting about these lazy Meizu technician, I think I got now a proinfo from 2 ROM versions I downloaded from a third party site. 

I've tried flashing, by setting is_download: true via notepad ++

My phone still looks for a verified.img file, because according to the tool, the verified boot is enabled...??

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/gZFKqnx

I tired the DA files that I've downloaded from this forum site, the one I successfully used to revive this device, same error. 

I remembered that you mentioned that we can edit the proinfo file? I tried searching how I can edit, but I could not find one. 
I think it will be a lot easier to flash the proinfo first before I can edit it, am I right??

I will try to flash the custom img and proinfo using ADB Fastboot.. If you have a clear guide on how we can flash it in this method, please let me know..
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next