Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Serial Number Missing After Unbricking Meizu M5 Note
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Serial Number Missing After Unbricking Meizu M5 Note

Serial Number Missing After Unbricking Meizu M5 Note

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-04-2019, 10:24 AM

(15-04-2019, 06:03 AM)sicariusM5 I tried all 4 official update.zip rom, and You're right sir. Meizu tech doesnt seem to know what they're talking about. If I will tell you my stories about them, and how unhelpful the meizu tech's in the Philippines are!

Forgetting about these lazy Meizu technician, I think I got now a proinfo from 2 ROM versions I downloaded from a third party site. 

I've tried flashing, by setting is_download: true via notepad ++

My phone still looks for a verified.img file, because according to the tool, the verified boot is enabled...??

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/gZFKqnx

I tired the DA files that I've downloaded from this forum site, the one I successfully used to revive this device, same error. 

I remembered that you mentioned that we can edit the proinfo file? I tried searching how I can edit, but I could not find one. 
I think it will be a lot easier to flash the proinfo first before I can edit it, am I right??

I will try to flash the custom img and proinfo using ADB Fastboot.. If you have a clear guide on how we can flash it in this method, please let me know..

they maybe right, just depends on what their update.zip really contains

for the proinfo you got, are they both for m5 note?
you can open & edit them using hxd hex editor and it will be easier if whoever shared it could tell you the SN within, this way you would know exactly what to search for

flashing using fastboot, bootloader needs to be unlocked, you can try this @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html
about flashing using adb, your phone needs to be rooted first

again you can try flashing using SP flash tool's write memory
To activate write memory tab in SPft, press 'Ctrl + Alt + V' to enabled advanced mode then click Window > Write Memory
In the write memory tab, select the file e.g proinfo
input the begin address & region, you can get this info from the scatter file
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
05-05-2019, 10:42 PM
Hi X3non,

I'm still trying to solve this problem. But Im now more worried about the MEID instead of the serial number so im disregarding the SN now.

I found out that I can try writing the IMEI using miracle box.. I mentioned this because I found on of the screenshots there shows that I can also write the MEID (in version 2.82 no dongle HW).

I will try this one and will update you.. Cheers
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-05-2019, 11:12 PM
(05-05-2019, 10:42 PM)sicariusM5 Hi X3non,

I'm still trying to solve this problem. But Im now more worried about the MEID instead of the serial number so im disregarding the SN now.

I found out that I can try writing the IMEI using miracle box.. I mentioned this because I found on of the screenshots there shows that I can also write the MEID (in version 2.82 no dongle HW).

I will try this one and will update you.. Cheers

Lets know how it goes

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
08-05-2019, 02:03 AM
(07-05-2019, 11:12 PM)hovatek Lets know how it goes

It did not work. The phone must be requiring the box for the tool to write the MEID. 

I also Tried SN writer tool; old and latest versions. The stubborn phone never worked with these tools. 

Im planning to take this to a local tech and see if they have any idea to flash it.

But im open with your suggestions.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-05-2019, 04:09 PM

(08-05-2019, 02:03 AM)sicariusM5 It did not work. The phone must be requiring the box for the tool to write the MEID. 
I also Tried SN writer tool; old and latest versions. The stubborn phone never worked with these tools. 
Im planning to take this to a local tech and see if they have any idea to flash it.

But im open with your suggestions.

what error did you get using miracle box? (attach screenshot if possible) and did you try adding DA and auth to custom settings before writing?
you could try the local tech with mrt dongle, not sure if it has the feature for writing meid
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
10-05-2019, 02:49 AM
(08-05-2019, 04:09 PM)X3non what error did you get using miracle box? (attach screenshot if possible) and did you try adding DA and auth to custom settings before writing?
you could try the local tech with mrt dongle, not sure if it has the feature for writing meid

Been a long time, X3non. 

There no error when I try the miracle Thunder. It just downloads boot 8, then on 100% it stops and will make my phone charge. Meaning it could not be read. Im sorry that i cant provide screen shots; I dont have the PC right now. 

Regarding the DA and auth in custom settings, that is what I tride to do. I replaced the DA files but could not locate where auth files are saved. 

Never knew that it would be in custom setting, so i will try it.. Is it a text file settings like .ini?

Let me explore. Cheers!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-05-2019, 12:52 PM
(10-05-2019, 02:49 AM)sicariusM5 ...
Regarding the DA and auth in custom settings, that is what I tride to do. I replaced the DA files but could not locate where auth files are saved. 
Never knew that it would be in custom setting, so i will try it.. Is it a text file settings like .ini?
Let me explore. Cheers!

remember when you flashed successfully using sp flash tool? use the same DA and auth you used in SP flash tool (auth is optional, i dont think you need unless the tool requests for auth file)
DA files usually have .bin and auth have .auth extension
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3